GAME THREAD: GAME THREAD: NBA: DETROIT (3-0) at CHICAGO (0-4)

Discussion in 'Detroit Pistons' started by SportsTicker, Nov 8, 2007.

1. rwj

rwj Member

Re: NBA: DETROIT at CHICAGO

<p align="left">Lots of great things about this game.</p>

-Skiles finally benching Ben Wallace.and having a perfect rotation.</p>

-Hinrich running the team flawlessly.</p>

-Joe Smith -- what a terrific signing. I was in the club that felt Nocioni+Tyrus+Noah was too much depth...</p>

-Tyrus... what a beast. I was giddy after that play where he jumped over Hamilton. Also, the play where he recklessly drove into the paint and basically threw it up blindly and scored. He has some weird mix of confidence, stupidity, and athleticism that our core 3 don't have, and it's nice that Skiles hasn't beaten it out of him.</p>

-Noah - He and Joe Smith are a great tandem off the bench. Suddenly the Bulls have some tall, non-sucky big guys.</p>

-Crunch time offense. It wasn't pretty, but it wasn't BG dribbling down the clock and launching a contested jumper or turning the ball over in the paint either. They scored just enough.</p>

-On the downside, I felt the refs gave us quite a few calls that we did not deserve. And Detroit didn't appear to be playing their hardest. And I didn't start Tyrus for my fantasy team! But I'll take it</p>

---</p>

I'm happy that I finally found this place. MikeDC, I feel like a stalker after googling your name and reading so many random comments you've made in various places over the years. I don't know whether this is going to be my new permanent home (I'm not in love with the general feel or layout), but this board deserves a fair shot and I hope to help it grow.</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

2. jnrjr79

jnrjr79 Member

Re: NBA: DETROIT (3-0) at CHICAGO (0-4)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (kukoc4ever)</div><div class='quotemain'>

Yah. Saturday's Raptor game is not going to be a picnic either. Let's get someConsistency going.</p>

</p>

Did the team that beat the Pistons in a spirited battle tonight really lose to the Brandless Clippers on Tuesday? Jeez.</p></div>

</p>

Who knows? The Clips have oddly done well so far. But I agree, it's good to see them go out and beat a quality team tonight. Saturday won't be easy, either, but it'd be big to pick up another win before the road trip.

3. rwj

rwj Member

Why does Tyrus hold up 4 fingers after scoring?</p>

4. MikeDC

MikeDC Member

Professor
    Re: NBA: DETROIT at CHICAGO

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (rwj)</div><div class='quotemain'></p>
    <p align="left">Lots of great things about this game.</p>

-Skiles finally benching Ben Wallace.and having a perfect rotation.</p>

-Hinrich running the team flawlessly.</p>

-Joe Smith -- what a terrific signing. I was in the club that felt Nocioni+Tyrus+Noah was too much depth...</p>

-Tyrus... what a beast. I was giddy after that play where he jumped over Hamilton. Also, the play where he recklessly drove into the paint and basically threw it up blindly and scored. He has some weird mix of confidence, stupidity, and athleticism that our core 3 don't have, and it's nice that Skiles hasn't beaten it out of him.</p>

-Noah - He and Joe Smith are a great tandem off the bench. Suddenly the Bulls have some tall, non-sucky big guys.</p>

-Crunch time offense. It wasn't pretty, but it wasn't BG dribbling down the clock and launching a contested jumper or turning the ball over in the paint either. They scored just enough.</p>

-On the downside, I felt the refs gave us quite a few calls that we did not deserve. And Detroit didn't appear to be playing their hardest. And I didn't start Tyrus for my fantasy team! But I'll take it</p>

---</p>

I'm happy that I finally found this place. MikeDC, I feel like a stalker after googling your name and reading so many random comments you've made in various places over the years. I don't know whether this is going to be my new permanent home (I'm not in love with the general feel or layout), but this board deserves a fair shot and I hope to help it grow.</p>

</div></p>

Thanks for stalking me! And you too jnr! We do have some look and feel things to work on here, but it's got some pretty cool features too. We'll be correcting the problems, so bear with us [​IMG]</p>

I think you're right on about Tyrus. I was a little worried after the benching against the Clippers, but he really came ready to kick some serious ass tonight. I wish he was stronger, but he was still a net positive last night</p>

</p>

5. jbbThe Truth

jbbThe Truth JBB

wow, nearly all of the old board stalwarts have migrated</p>

6. Денг Гордон

Денг Гордон Member

You can view the Inside the NBA postgame online at NBA.com</p>

7. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

You're lucky Rasheed Wallace didn't convert on three straight bunnies in the post.</p>

Who's idea was it to allow Joe Smith to hoist up off balanced 12 footers down the stretch?</p>

Ben Gordon made some key defensive stops. The shot block on Billups baseline drive was awesome.</p>

From the two games I've seen of the Bulls, they don't have the same energy and confidence they had last year. They seem to personify the cliche, playing not to lose instead of playing to win.</p>

8. Денг Гордон

Денг Гордон Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (shapecity)</div><div class='quotemain'></p>

You're lucky Rasheed Wallace didn't convert on three straight bunnies in the post.</p>

Who's idea was it to allow Joe Smith to hoist up off balanced 12 footers down the stretch?</p>

Ben Gordon made some key defensive stops. The shot block on Billups baseline drive was awesome.</p>

From the two games I've seen of the Bulls, they don't have the same energy and confidence they had last year. They seem to personify the cliche, playing not to lose instead of playing to win.</p>

</div></p>

Playing not to lose isn't an accurate statement imo.</p>

I think not showing up is a more accurate statement. The first 4 games were reminiscent of the first two games vs. Detroit. Bulls just didn't show up at all. The only real exception was the Nets game in the 2nd half, but that was just really Gordon becoming dominant and not the Bulls showing up. The scary thing is that the Bulls still hardly lost those games despite not playing good at all.</p>

If they play like last night, and Gordon gets out of his usual November slump, Bulls will be rolling over a lot of the league.</p>

Having a high intensity game like Detroit this early will probably end up being a good thing for this team, draggin them out of their garbage play.</p>

</p>

9. such sweet thunder

such sweet thunder Member Staff Member Moderator

Best game of young Thomas' career. I was talking to DMD about this: How many other players on this team can take over the game for stretches like he did tonight. Gordon certainly. Hinrich and Luol, not really? Noc is probably the only other player and he does it for shorter streches. I'd love to see Tyrus prove to all of us he was the better pick than Aldridge.</p>

10. MikeDC

MikeDC Member

Professor

I've seen Deng have a couple dominant stretches, but I'd bet on Thomas to have more as he grows.</p>

11. Денг Гордон

Денг Гордон Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MikeDC)</div><div class='quotemain'></p>

I've seen Deng have a couple dominant stretches, but I'd bet on Thomas to have more as he grows.</p>

</div></p>

Outside of the first quarter? Deng is nothing more than a small forward version of Eddy Curry.</p>

</p>

12. MikeDC

MikeDC Member

Professor

In the 4th quarter against the Nets he was the only guy playing. He had several monster rebounds and that big steal from Carter.</p>

That was his only really top notch stretch this year that I've seen, and even then his shot wasn't falling the way it will.</p>