GAME THREAD: GAME THREAD: PREMR: CHELSEA at MANCHESTER UTD

Discussion in 'Chelsea FC' started by SportsTicker, Sep 23, 2007.

1. Colonel Ronan

Colonel Ronan Continue...?

Control Center analyst
    Re: PREMR: CHELSEA at MANCHESTER UTD

Terrible ref.

2. CelticKing

CelticKing The Green Monster

I'm happy United won but they didn't deserve it. The red card was a mistake, and right there they lost the game (being one man down), also the penalty shouldn't have been given, if I was the ref I'd give Saha the yellow card. </p>

Ref should be fired, or fined for the mistakes he made, so many cards, so many wrong calls. </p>

I feel bad for Chelsea. </p>

3. Colonel Ronan

Colonel Ronan Continue...?

Control Center analyst

Same. It seems the bad ref's always show up at the big games.

4. Petey

Petey Super Sized Sexy, The Bulls Fan Killer! Staff Member Administrator

I don't feel bad for Chelsea.</p>

To me they got screwed, but seemed disinterested. Terry even had no comment when he was carded.</p>

I also don't understand why when you need a goal, you swap F for F, instead of D for F.</p>

Roman deserves a season of this for this whole thing with Mourhino. Mourhino proved he knew how to coach winning football. Let them try to alter styles into the season after having so many players committed to Mourhino and his style.</p>

-Petey</p>

5. bbwchingy0007

bbwchingy0007 BBW Member

Mikel deserved his red card. If you look, he had both feet off the ground, with his studs showing. He missed th ball making is reckless and dangerous. It's a soft red card, in that it wasn't an absolutely awful challenge, but the Laws of the Game show that it should be a red card.</p>

The two minutes of stoppage time at the end of the first half only show the minimum amount of stoppage time to be played. Seeing as there were stoppages within stoppage time, it is only fair to allow the time for those too.</p>

Louis Saha made the most out of the challenge, but there was contact, which is similar to what Drogba does in most games. In fairness, I would feel aggrieved if these things all happened to United in one game, but that is not to say that they were unfair.</p>

6. Petey

Petey Super Sized Sexy, The Bulls Fan Killer! Staff Member Administrator

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (chingy0007)</div><div class='quotemain'>

Mikel deserved his red card. If you look, he had both feet off the ground, with his studs showing. He missed th ball making is reckless and dangerous. It's a soft red card, in that it wasn't an absolutely awful challenge, but the Laws of the Game show that it should be a red card.</p>

The two minutes of stoppage time at the end of the first half only show the minimum amount of stoppage time to be played. Seeing as there were stoppages within stoppage time, it is only fair to allow the time for those too.</p>

Louis Saha made the most out of the challenge, but there was contact, which is similar to what Drogba does in most games. In fairness, I would feel aggrieved if these things all happened to United in one game, but that is not to say that they were unfair.</p>

</div></p>

The ref was coming from behind on that play. He didn't have that angle. </p>

-Petey </p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

7. Wolf

Wolf Sig and Avatar made by me

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (chingy0007)</div><div class='quotemain'>

</div></p>

yes it is. </p>

i dont think we did enough to win, but we did not deserve to lose...</p>

mikels challenge was bad but Joe Cole had a challenge MUCH worse where he just tripped ronaldo and he only got a yellow. Mikel got a red because of Evra's somersaults. and for the first goal, the ref should have blown after chelsea cleared the ball from the corner, thats what any normal ref would have done. and the penalty was a blatent dive, maybe his leg brushed Ben Haim's but no need to go down. Stupid foreigners ruining the game with their diving. </p>

and before you say, i realise people at chelsea dives. you would not belive the amount of times im screaming at the TV for drogba to get up after rolling around for most of the game.</p>

</p>