GAME THREAD: Pistons at Lakers (February 27 - 7:00pm)

Discussion in 'Los Angeles Lakers' started by Damian Necronamous, Feb 27, 2003.

1. Damian Necronamous

Damian Necronamous JBB JustBBall Member

The Lakers have now won 5 games in a row, and need this win to get within one game of the Utah Jazz for the 6th seed in the West. Shaq just completely overpowered the Clippers in the last game, with 33 points. Once again, Mark Madsen played with fierceness and intensity, and of course he screamed every time he made a basket.

The Pistons are a defensive powerhouse, but they may not have the size to stop Shaq, or the quickness to stop Kobe.

Keys to victory for the Lakers:
    1) Defensive intensity and rotation on defense, the Pistons are not a high scoring ball-club, but they play great D. The Lakers need to rotate well on guys like Rip Hamilton, Cliff Robinson, Jon Barry and Chauncey Billups, these guys will murder the Lakers if they are left open.
    2) Kobe needs to cut to the basket, he is much faster than any of the Pistons players, and he can have a field-day if he takes it to the basket.
    3) Mad-Dog, keep it up Madsen! He needs to continue to fight for every loose ball and knock down his FTs.

2. Cpops57

Cpops57 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting "Damian Necronamous":</div><div class="quote_post">The Lakers have now won 5 games in a row, and need this win to get within one game of the Utah Jazz for the 6th seed in the West. Shaq just completely overpowered the Clippers in the last game, with 33 points. Once again, Mark Madsen played with fierceness and intensity, and of course he screamed every time he made a basket.

The Pistons are a defensive powerhouse, but they may not have the size to stop Shaq, or the quickness to stop Kobe.

Keys to victory for the Lakers:
    1) Defensive intensity and rotation on defense, the Pistons are not a high scoring ball-club, but they play great D. The Lakers need to rotate well on guys like Rip Hamilton, Cliff Robinson, Jon Barry and Chauncey Billups, these guys will murder the Lakers if they are left open.
    2) Kobe needs to cut to the basket, he is much faster than any of the Pistons players, and he can have a field-day if he takes it to the basket.
    3) Mad-Dog, keep it up Madsen! He needs to continue to fight for every loose ball and knock down his FTs.</div>

Hey I saw you at this other site I cant remember what it was though. bball.net or something. You can be a moderator at 2 sites. Isnt that like a conflict of interest

3. Damian Necronamous

I post at basketballboards.net, I'm not a moderator there.

4. Cpops57

Cpops57 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting "Damian Necronamous":</div><div class="quote_post">I post at basketballboards.net, I'm not a moderator there.</div>

yeah thats it. How do I become a moderator of a board? Do I have to pay a fee or something???? If so no thanks

5. Damian Necronamous

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting "Cpops57":</div><div class="quote_post"><div class="quote_poster">Quoting "Damian Necronamous":</div><div class="quote_post">I post at basketballboards.net, I'm not a moderator there.</div>

yeah thats it. How do I become a moderator of a board? Do I have to pay a fee or something???? If so no thanks</div>

Post there a lot, let people get to know who you are, and ask the administrators if you can be one.

But let's keep all discussions in this thread be about the game.

If you have any further questions, PM me.

6. Damian Necronamous

Houston just lost, 100-98 to Washington. The Lakers can now also move 2 1/2 games up on Houston with a win tonight.

7. Damian Necronamous

Thoughts on the game:

Shaq needs to put the ball in the basket, he's missed 3 easy "chippies" as he calls them.

Kobe made his first 4 shots, and hasn't made one since then.

Rick Fox is shooting really well (3-3 three-pointers).

Someone needs to guard Corliss Williamson! He's got 14 points off of the bench in only 14 minutes of play!

8. Ghost

Ghost BBW Member

The last i heard the lakers were winning by 7

9. Damian Necronamous

Good win, Shaq just completely dominated that game, with 35 points and 14 rebounds, while Kobe got 30 points (again).

And how about Madsen?! [​IMG] 4 points, 3 rebounds on 2-2 shooting! [​IMG]