[Game Thread] Rockets @ Mavs 10/30

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets' started by durvasa, Oct 30, 2008.

1. durvasa

durvasa JBB Rockets Fan

Yeah, that worries me. I've heard that the Rockets plan on cutting down his practice time, but don't necessarily plan on cutting his minutes in games. The problem is that the Rockets are just really small when Yao isn't in the game. Now Landry and Hayes are both good rebounders, but when they don't have a 7-footer in the game with them and they're battling against a bigger front court they'll struggle defending the paint and controlling the defensive boards. I think at some point the Rockets should try to acquire a big with more size. Mutombo is on the top of that particular list for them.

2. Eduardo

Eduardo JBB JustBBall Member

I have a question. Why not bring Mutombo back already? Why would the Rockets have to wait till the trade deadline or the All-Star break? Why not now? We still have one free roster spot.

3. MUT0MB0

MUT0MB0 New Member

Did anyone catch Howard intentionally tripping Yao?
    Josh Howard's attitude makes me sick.

4. Eduardo

That's why Yao gave him a little shove with his shoulder after Josh Howard fouled him.

5. durvasa

durvasa JBB Rockets Fan

The Rockets don't want to be play the LT. If they sign Mutombo now, that's what will happen.

The Rockets will probably look to make a trade (Head and Francis are likely trade bait) to free up some salary before pursuing Deke.

6. DynastYWarrioR6

DynastYWarrioR6 JBB SmurfY

I saw the Yao and Howard thing....that's my boy Yao! (I rep fellow Shanghainese).

Artest adds a toughness and attitude that this team needed.

Brooks looked solid for the 2mins I saw. He was fast and decisive. Not hesitant at all and is really taking advantage of his time on the court.

Locke can you post that video feed for me when you get it?

7. Eduardo

Okay makes sense. But I hope Morey fixes the problem soon before Yao gets too tired playing games and exposes himself to a higher risk of injury.

8. Jontro

Jontro What?

Teacher
    Awesome! Only 21 more games and we break last years streak!

GO GO ROCKETS GO!!!!

9. DynastYWarrioR6

Haha.

10. moeinhouston

moeinhouston JBB JustBBall Member

Aaron "the air down there" Brooks was money off the bench. He just kind of dropped out the sky after hearing it was going to be 1-3 weeks.

Ron was everywhere on the court. when that shot is going for him, i don't think there is a defender that can stop him.

Yao was killer in the middle.

Props to Rick. If nothing was wrong with TMac, it was definitely ballsy of him to go with the 5 he did down the stretch. He showed the real trust in Ron that he has and it paid off.

That is how I would like to see them play. Yao and Ron as go to guys, try and get what you can from TMac-at least for now.
    can you see TMac being a jumpshooter playing off of yao and ron?

I have to believe if Shane was healthy, this could have been one of the games he and Ron could have been in the starting lineup.
    Artest-Dirk
    Shane-Howard
    TMac-Wright
    Kidd-SKip
    Yao-Dampier

11. Eduardo

I just wanna say the Chuck wagon was awesome! Dirk couldn't move him at all. Dude is really strong.

12. LoneStarReb

LoneStarReb Clutch City to New Jersey

Yeah, but I'd have to say, that today's brightest spot would have to be Brook's performance...If Brooks can play like that through out his career as a ROcket, we'd definitely have a Championship Caliber Point Guard...I know it's too early to tell, but his energy, tenacity, and ability to create his own shot can only help add more weapons to Houston's already deep talent pool. Oh, and fuc% the Mavs, they play dirty. That is all.

13. yinets1860

yinets1860 i love this game !

Yao+T-Mac+Ron+Brooks=30+29+16+14=89 points....

lol,Brooks is awesome tonight

14. DynastYWarrioR6

Of course people like us would do the math :D

15. yinets1860

yinets1860 i love this game !

lol...........:clap:

16. The Dream

The Dream mama there goes that man!

sorry to be responding so late.........but terrific win the other night. Brooks playing was a pleasant surprise in itself, but that dudes confidence is growing by the minute. Ron Ron is EXACTLY what I thought Ron Ron would be thus far. I knew when the 4th period came that the mavs would settle for jumpers, because of the physical play from Ron and Hayes. Yao was awesome, Tmac struggled from the field, but still managed to dish out some assists and he got to the line, so I'm not complaining.........................No way in hell would the mavs beat us in a series if we're healthy. Howard and Dirk played out of their minds (excluding the 4th quarter) and we still beat them by double digits without Tracy even playing well................the lineup of Barry, Hayes/Landry, Ron, Brooks, Yao killed the mavs...............

17. The Dream

The Dream mama there goes that man!

man i'm just seeing the josh howard trip right now........didn't take notice to it the other night................that's a hoe ass move............even though Ron Ron picked up a tech I love how he rushed to the defense of Yao.......well worth it........