Game Thread: Spurs @ Timberwolves

Discussion in 'Minnesota Timberwolves' started by twolvefan11, Feb 21, 2004.

1. twolvefan11

twolvefan11 JBB Banned Member

Oh Sammy boy! He is hitting HUGE shots here. I am at a loss of breath right now. Man, I hope the Wolves can pull this one out, we need this one.

2. twolvefan11

twolvefan11 JBB Banned Member

WHAT WERE YOU THINKING SPREWELL? At least throw it up! Oh man, this was a horrible game for the Wolves. I can't speak in my blind furry.

3. Premium

Premium JBB I'm kind of a big deal

wow...what a game!

tough loss for mini...game could have gone either way. huge win for san antonio, it wasnt pretty but they got it done.

but why didnt spree kick it over to wally? [​IMG]

cant wait to see these two go at it again

4. coolhandluke

coolhandluke JBB JustBBall Member

ARRGH, the wolves suck they have a chance to tie the game and don't even shoot the ball come on. Even if your not open you throw it up, you don't just let the time expier.

5. wackshaqfan34

wackshaqfan34 JBB JustBBall Member

Oh my god, what happened?

I'm pretty mad right now. Watching the game on Telemundo in Spanish and in the end, Minnesota lost by just two points. [​IMG]

6. KG is the MVP

KG is the MVP JBB JustBBall Member

i can't believe they didn't even get a shot off.

7. purehoops

purehoops JBB KGSource

Sad, Sprewell what was that?

8. TWolfFanatic

TWolfFanatic JBB JustBBall Member

That's a tough loss to take but at least we've got several bright spots.

1. Kandi played TD to a standstill while he was in there. He d'ed TD up pretty good. If Kandi gives us this effort the rest of the way, we'll win the division going away.

2. Even though we typically play lousy in matinees, we gave some pretty good effort. Kandi's effort gave the troops a charge.

3. The refs let Parker mug Sam today. If you want the definition of handchecking fouls, just watch Parker on Cassell every trip down the court. PATHETIC. Playing physical is one thing. Allowing him to constantly mug a player each trip down the court's another.

4. The Spurs showed they're limited to how much better they can get while we showed how much more dangerous we'll be a month from now. Kandi's gonna be starting within a week, giving us a huge advantage at center. Rasho played great today (for him) so now it's time for him to disappear for a few games. Wally & Troy looked tired out there.

5. Bowen's a thug, pure & simple. I hope they run him through a few blind nasty screens the next time they play. If thuggery wins championships, then Parker & Bowen are MVP's.

9. Crossover

Crossover JBB JustBBall Member

I watched the game on Telemundo. Of course, I understood it...

As for the officiating, they are always questionable calls when the Wolves play. It's a conspiracy. You think Duncan fouled Sprewell on that trey? But the Kandiman did do a good job on Duncan - he didn't even get his double double, but Turkoglu came up big, and actually rebounded like he's 6'10".

Big win for the Spurs.

10. seedle

seedle JBB Banned Member

This loss was big for the Wolves. I started believing that they would pull this one out, but then Sprewell decided to keep it to himself and not shoot rather than to pass it to Wally and have him at least have a shot for the game winner. But the Spurs played tough, have to give them credit for this one.

11. the MDE

the MDE JBB JustBBall Member

The Spurs surprised me by picking up a win at the Target Center. That was a really good game!

12. seedle

seedle JBB Banned Member

The Timberwolves aren't really a take charge kind of team. They just hang in there and usually pull it out late in games. It's very rare that we get a large margin in a win. But Flip does a good job coaching us late. He knows who to give the ball to and what play to call to give him the ball. Today, it didn't really work, because it is to my belief that the ball was meant to be in Cassell's hands. Sprewell should have kicked it out to Wally to at least give us a chance to win it.

The bright spot in the Wolves game today was Michael Olowokandi. He showed that he can contend witht he big men, and he held Duncan to humanly numbers. He even prevented him from getting a double double. He got 4 points, 8 rebounds, and 4 blocks in 21 minutes, and he didn't start. I can pretty much guarantee you that he will start next game against the Bucks. The Bucks don't have a good center, so you can count on Olowokandi to get a good game. But the Bucks have newly aquired Van Horn, who is playing good basketball.

We'll see how the Wolves bounce Tuesday against the Bucks, they should be furious. But the Bucks have a lot of momentum, so it should be a fun one to watch.

13. TWolfFanatic

TWolfFanatic JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Crossover:</div><div class="quote_post">I watched the game on Telemundo. Of course, I understood it...

As for the officiating, they are always questionable calls when the Wolves play. It's a conspiracy. <font color="DarkSlateBlue">You think Duncan fouled Sprewell on that trey?</font> But the Kandiman did do a good job on Duncan - he didn't even get his double double, but Turkoglu came up big, and actually rebounded like he's 6'10".

Big win for the Spurs.</div>

No, I don't think that Duncan fouled Spree on the trey. the lousy calls I'm refering to were more subtle. The clutch & grab defense of Bowen was disgraceful, especially for a supposedly elite defender. Kandi & Hassell were the best defenders on the court Sunday & it wasn't even close.

As for Hedo, I'll give him props for not letting his first half shooting troubles affect his effort on the boards. That's a positive thing & he deserves credit for that.

I've watched the game a few times (I tape the games) & Parker was a little thug in handchecking Sam most of the game. If the refs call it the way they do in 90% of the games, Parker would've fouled out within 20 mminutes of playing time. Bowen had a lousy game & is slowly being exposed as a thug defensively instead of the reputation of being an elite defender.