Game Thread: Suns at Jazz

Discussion in 'Utah Jazz' started by Stockton, Nov 18, 2006.

1. Stockton

Stockton JBB

<div align="center">[​IMG] at [​IMG]
    <font color=""Purple"">Phoenix Suns</font> (3-5) at <font color=""Navy"">Utah Jazz</font> (8-1)</div>

Date: Saturday 18th November, 7:00 PM (Utah)
    Local TV: KJZZ / My45
    National TV: NBALP

Last Game

<font color=""Purple"">Suns:</font> Sixers 94 at Suns 106
    <font color=""Navy"">Jazz:</font> Jazz 118 at Sonics 109

Last Met

November 3: Jazz 108 at Suns 104

<div align="center">Projected Starters

<font color=""Purple"">Suns</font>

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    <font size=""1"">Leandro Barbosa, Raja Bell, Shawn Marion, Boris Diaw, Amare Stoudemire</font>

<font color=""Navy"">Jazz</font>

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    <font size=""1"">Deron Williams, CJ Miles, Ronnie Brewer, Carlos Boozer, Mehmet Okur</font></div>

Prediction

Jazz by 6

2. Marbire

Marbire JBB JustBBall Member

Its good that Nash is out, but it kinda sucks at the same time.

But I'll be watching this game for sure. I think the Jazz are going to run them out of the Delta Center. Jazz by 11.

3. KS1

KS1 JBB JustBBall Member

Jazz by 7... though I'm expecting Boris Diaw to have a big game for the Suns...

Anybody on Phoenix can have a 25+++ point night...Need to keep everybody in check

4. Stockton

Stockton JBB

Overtime 106 - 106. The Jazz made a big comeback in the fourth.

5. Marbire

WOW what a game! First of all I'd like to point out that the Suns should be grateful it even WENT into overtime. They can thank horrible officiating during the 3rd quarter that sent Boozer, Williams, and Okur to the bench. Oh, and that FLOP by Amare to get Boozer his 4th foul was pathetic. I lost some respect for that guy.

And how bout MILLSAP? What did he have, like 20/10? And a clutch move to the baseline for the layup? And a big block? This guy is amazing! He better be on the rookie rankings. Huge games from Dwill and Boozer again, as usual.

6. KS1

KS1 JBB JustBBall Member

Deron had 25 pts and 14 assists, I think...Huge game as always...Boozer had 20, couple key lay-ups...Okur had 2 huge 3 freethrows, cant believe they fouled him both times.
    Milsap gets my rookie of the year vote, 18 and 10, key down stretch...the over the shoulder tip, the block and grabbing the ball out of marion's hands, the baseline layup...the guy is amazing.

7. Marbire

Oh and and it was deja vu for Barbosa. He's great but can't seem to make clutch layups/shots. Felt kinda bad for him. Yeah 25 and 14 for Deron. Booze had a double double by half time.... had to sit out all of the 3rd though because of the horrible officiating.

Jazz were down by 15 with ten minutes to go in the FOURTH..... didn't something similar happen with the last Suns game? lol...

8. KS1

KS1 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Marbire Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Oh and and it was deja vu for Barbosa. He's great but can't seem to make clutch layups/shots. Felt kinda bad for him. Yeah 25 and 14 for Deron. Booze had a double double by half time.... had to sit out all of the 3rd though because of the horrible officiating.

Jazz were down by 15 with ten minutes to go in the FOURTH..... didn't something similar happen with the last Suns game? lol...</div>

That layup Barbosa had, DW was miles behind him, couldn't believe he missed it, but I was kinda praying for something to happen...

I turned on with 7 left in the fourth and was ready to cry, can't believe they came back, especially after that running shot by Marion with 1:30 left...Them fouling Okur twice on the 3 point line was crazy though...[​IMG]

By the way, Marion had 35, Stoudemire had a double double, and opposite of what I predicted, Boris Diaw only had 2 pts( I thought he was going to use his speed against Memo, guessed wrong)

9. Marbire

Yeah those were some clutch free throws by Okur. Can't believe they fouled him, but it was a good call, he got hit on the elbow. Almost went in too. And I think on Barbosas first layup, it was Okur guarding him... that's why he got passed him easily. I dunno why Okur was there instead of DW.... maybe I saw wrong.

And Okur was using his size and taking advantage of Diaw it seemed. DAntoni took him out cause of it.

10. KS1

KS1 JBB JustBBall Member

YEah, so I thought that Diaw would his speed on Okur, kinda vice versa you know...didn't work out for Phoenix

The lay up was a pick and roll with Diaw and Barbosa, so Deron got caught between Okur and Barbosa, who just kinda blew by...

11. Stockton

Stockton JBB

Great game. The Jazz showed a lot of fight, coming back from 16 down in the fourth. Another day, another double double and all star like performance from both Boozer and Williams. Paul Millsap also had a double double, in just 21 minutes. He's turning out to be a huge steal for the Jazz, and has earned the trust of Sloan quickly. The 9-1 Jazz are really something special this season. Next up, Toronto at home.

12. dtay

dtay formely NaKz

That Williams is quite amazing. I'm quickly becoming a fan.

13. BakedNoodle

BakedNoodle JBB JustBBall Member

Paul Millsap = Genius.

That was a great rally for the Jazz. We's #1!

14. AnimeFANatic

AnimeFANatic JBB JustBBall Member

I thought Utah was nuts for picking Deron over CP3, but it seems to be working out well this second season.

15. J_Ray

J_Ray JBB JustBBall Member

If we have gotten CP3, he would of done the same as Deron if not worse in his rookie year. Sloan is known not to play rookies, so when Deron was playing, that was huge for a Sloan Rookie. Sloan's philosophy is very good, let them watch, get slivvers in their ***, so they cherish every second they get on the court.

16. P.A.P.

P.A.P. JBB Fresh Start

Deron Williams owns all. I`m killing it this year with my fantasy draft steals (Williams, Martin) [​IMG]