GAME THREAD: Warriors @ Hawks 4:00pm 1/31/2007

Discussion in 'Golden State Warriors' started by AlleyOop, Jan 31, 2007.

1. AnimeFANatic

AnimeFANatic JBB JustBBall Member

Pau Gasol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Warriorsfan

Warriorsfan JBB JustBBall Member

ok i am no longer a warriors fan anymore

3. AnimeFANatic

AnimeFANatic JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Warriorsfan Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">ok i am no longer a warriors fan anymore</div>

You're a Warriors fan until you change your username.

4. jason bourne

jason bourne JBB JustBBall Member

Law enforcement
    <div class="quote_poster">AlleyOop Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Did you REALLY want to click on this thread lol?</div>

You're a soothsayer AO.

5. jason bourne

Law enforcement
    I can't even believe why we are arguing about MP and Barnes. We can get rid of both of them. Get rid of SJax and Cabbages, too. Blow this team up.

And why does Nelson continue to play zone when it isn't doing anything? May as well try man-to-man. Anything.

Same with small ball. It's not working so he goes even smaller.

6. AlleyOop

AlleyOop JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">jason voorhees Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">You're a soothsayer AO.</div>

The sad thing is that I, myself, have clicked on this thread probably 10 times -- just to vent my frustration / read the venting.

P.S. The Warriors suck ass.

P.P.S. Let's do this trade:

<entire Warrior roster> for <Hawks starting 5>

Then maybe we'd have a shot at playoffs

7. hipokrat_x(LV)

hipokrat_x(LV) JBB JustBBall Member

Keep Davis,J-Rich,Ellis and Beans, screw everybody else... trade time...

8. AlleyOop

AlleyOop JBB JustBBall Member

the sad thing is the Warriors don't really have any assets to trade if they want to kep Monta, Beans, JRich, and Baron.

They can do Harrington 1-on-1 for somebody. Or SJax, Sar, or Powell. But they won't get anybody good for that.

And as far as packages they can offer, lol, if they want to get anybody with a decent salary they'll have to find a way to include Foyle -- which will not happen.

Pietrus
    Foyle
    Barnes
    POB
    picks

these types of packages are all Mully has to work with, and they're crap. If he wants to get anybody noteworthy, he'll have to give up Monta, Beans, JRich, or Baron.

Otherwise he's getting Nazr Mohammed or Dale Davis or Doug Christie.

In other words, blah.

9. hipokrat_x(LV)

hipokrat_x(LV) JBB JustBBall Member

Nice quote from realGM board : "With the 11th pick in the 2007 NBA Draft, the Golden State Warriors select another D League scrub. " [​IMG]

10. Warriorfansnc93

Warriorfansnc93 JBB JustBBall Member

Calm down. I am as down as everyone else saying WTF! And questioning why I am a fan. I left for my intramural game with us tied at 20 in the first and I was thinking where is the defense? I come back and we are down by 20 and have not even scored a basket in the 4th quarter. WTF!

What the heck has happened? If this team needs to be blown up it needs to just be eliminated from the NBA and start a expansion team...

11. boogiescott

boogiescott JBB JustBBall Member

I saw the game..... on TV here. WE looked exactly like the same team that lost to the Cavs last night. Uninspired slow effortless.

When we were hanging with them. They were bombing.... we were playing like a team getting 90% of our points in the paint. We were cutting, great ball movement....everyone passing ...even Al.... I though for sure the Hawks would get cold and because we established the paint we would pull this one out.....

Then Barnes came in the game....

The Warriors playing in a zone the entire time.... 2/3 .... barnes responsibility the corner.... threee consecutive plays .... they swung the ball to Barnes corner and he made little to no effort at the guy ..... SWish... Nelson should have yanked this guy right then and there....

Those three shots turned a close game into our team panicing.... going away from what we were doing .... we reverted to our old selfish lazy jacking shots up..... BArnes pathetic defense was a turning point.... the rest of the team fell into the pit

Jackson just looks horrible.... he makes sarunas look speedy.... no one on the team played inspired....

If you guys saw a tape of the first quarter you would think we were a championship team.... if you saw the second half ..... we looked like the worst team in the league.

Barnes with his second Tech in a row in games.... he let his game get by him as he tried to flop then kicked his man in the back of the legs while lying there .... tripping.... then he got up and demonstratively complained

EAch game i watch BArnes i start to hate him more and more.... not too mention more jacked up bricks by him.... He is really starting to become DErek Fisher bad.

The season isn't over..... but i saw Nelson looking down his bench for Calbert .... he wanted to throw the towel in.

12. jason bourne

Law enforcement
    <div class="quote_poster">AlleyOop Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Otherwise he's getting Nazr Mohammed or Dale Davis or Doug Christie.

In other words, blah.</div>

At least Mullin can't get Doug and Mrs. Christie. He signed with the Clips.

You guys already know I'll do MP and Foyle for Nazr, Dale Davis and Flip Murray.

13. jason bourne

Law enforcement
    <div class="quote_poster">Warriorfansnc93 Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Calm down. I am as down as everyone else saying WTF! And questioning why I am a fan. I left for my intramural game with us tied at 20 in the first and I was thinking where is the defense? I come back and we are down by 20 and have not even scored a basket in the 4th quarter. WTF!

What the heck has happened? If this team needs to be blown up it needs to just be eliminated from the NBA and start a expansion team...</div>

Where's the defense? We just kept playing zone. There wasn't any.

14. Rudeezy

Rudeezy JBB Senior *********

I think I have reached an all-time low with the Warriors. Im tired of them teasing us...from now on I'm only expecting the worse from the Warriors.

15. Gohn

Gohn JBB JustBBall Member

The Hawks are a good team.

16. Custodianrules2

Custodianrules2 Cohan + Rowell = Suck

Same record as last year? What do you think, folks? It can't be Richardson's fault this year. If we can't win a few games on the road without him, what does this say about our team?

Adding Baron, Adding Nelson, it don't matter. We need some serious size in our lineup or else nothing will change. The tempo is dicated on our ability to score high % points, get to the foul line, make stops, and rebound. How do we do all that when we take a bunch of threes or we have to rely on the fastbreak to get high% stuff going or use a lot of zone to play passing lanes because we can't stop the ball deep inside.

I mean I just knew we'd be about the same under Montgomery or Musselman because it's the organization that puts all these people in positions to fail. This season it kinda of looks like we're going to fail again. That's why I don't like bagging on the coaches. I criticize small ball, but I'm absolutely not badmouthing Nelson. He's doing everything he can, but he's got a lame squad.

Just one of these seasons I want to be totally wrong about the Warriors. I think I've watched them so much, I can expect the worst at some point after the hype is worn down.

17. Warriorfansnc93

Warriorfansnc93 JBB JustBBall Member

Yeah, we do need some size. Our 3 biggest guys got traded, is riding the bench and in the D league...

18. REREM

REREM JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Gohn Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">The Hawks are a good team.</div>

No

The Hawks are a punching bag in the East-which is weaker. That's why it's hard to feel good tonight.

Do another trade for someone another team is desperate to dump? Uh....ya may want to think about that.

We need Nellie to expand his vision. We lost the option to play big and at least be close in rebounds-we get outboarded-not by 3-4...by 10-15,regularly now. Barnes game has been off-but really,only Baron has played up to his ability lately.

19. Custodianrules2

Custodianrules2 Cohan + Rowell = Suck

<div class="quote_poster">REREM Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">No

We need Nellie to expand his vision. We lost the option to play big and at least be close in rebounds-we get outboarded-not by 3-4...by 10-15,regularly now. Barnes game has been off-but really,only Baron has played up to his ability lately.</div>

Here here! [​IMG]

20. Legacy

Legacy Beast

How do we get killed by the Lebron less Cavs and the Hawks? [​IMG]