GaMeTiMe's Mock Draft Thread

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by GaMeTiMe, Jan 1, 2007.

1. chang

chang NFLC nflcentral.net Member

Re: GaMeTiMe's Mock Draft Thread

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Capt. Comeback @ Jan 10 2007, 06:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (chang @ Jan 10 2007, 05:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>YES!!!!! TROY SMITH TO RAVENS 2nd ROUND!!!!</div>You are kidding me... right?</div>No I think Troy Smith has a bright future in the NFL. I think under the tutelege of McNair, Smith will be a very good quarterback. I see lots of similarities between the two.Look how Steve McNair has turned Vince Young into an NFL winner. He can do the same for Troy Smith. Both Young and Smith had lots of college success but Smith is the better pure passer. Sure, he had a bad national championship game but he still won plenty of big games throughout his career.

2. Brooksie5

Brooksie5 NFLC nflcentral.net Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (chang @ Jan 10 2007, 11:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Capt. Comeback @ Jan 10 2007, 06:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (chang @ Jan 10 2007, 05:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>YES!!!!! TROY SMITH TO RAVENS 2nd ROUND!!!!</div>You are kidding me... right?</div>No I think Troy Smith has a bright future in the NFL. I think under the tutelege of McNair, Smith will be a very good quarterback. I see lots of similarities between the two.Look how Steve McNair has turned Vince Young into an NFL winner. He can do the same for Troy Smith. Both Young and Smith had lots of college success but Smith is the better pure passer. Sure, he had a bad national championship game but he still won plenty of big games throughout his career.</div>McNair was on VY's team for like 20 seconds...

3. AdropOFvenom

AdropOFvenom BBW Member

[quote name='Brooksie5' post='80542' date='Jan 10 2007, 09:47 PM'][quote name='chang' post='80538' date='Jan 10 2007, 11:57 PM'][quote name='Capt. Comeback' post='80528' date='Jan 10 2007, 06:46 PM'][quote name='chang' post='80496' date='Jan 10 2007, 05:59 PM']YES!!!!! TROY SMITH TO RAVENS 2nd ROUND!!!![/quote]You are kidding me... right?[/quote]No I think Troy Smith has a bright future in the NFL. I think under the tutelege of McNair, Smith will be a very good quarterback. I see lots of similarities between the two.Look how Steve McNair has turned Vince Young into an NFL winner. He can do the same for Troy Smith. Both Young and Smith had lots of college success but Smith is the better pure passer. Sure, he had a bad national championship game but he still won plenty of big games throughout his career.[/quote]McNair was on VY's team for like 20 seconds...[/quote]McNair mentored VY when he was in college. [​IMG]

4. chang

And McNair mentored Young when Young when to McNair's camps.

5. Capt. Comeback

Capt. Comeback NFLC nflcentral.net Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (chang @ Jan 10 2007, 11:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Look how Steve McNair has turned Vince Young into an NFL winner. He can do the same for Troy Smith. Both Young and Smith had lots of college success but Smith is the better pure passer. Sure, he had a bad national championship game but he still won plenty of big games throughout his career.</div> :LMAO: :LMAO: He wins a few good games in his career, but fucks up his most important one?! That's not what I want to see come playoff time if he is on my NFL team.

6. NFLCGhost

NFLCGhost NFLC nflcentral.net Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (The Punisher @ Jan 1 2007, 10:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>6) Washington Redskins ? Leon Hall | Cornerback | Michigan</div>That would be pretty sweet (and probably the best choice), BUT... I'm 98% sure we will offer Nate Clements 480 billion a year for 5 years.</div>I think the Titans are gonna go after him harder than you guys do. We've got the second most amout of cap space in the league, behind only the Bills, and we really need a corner to go opposite of PacMan.

7. Jon_Vilma

Jon_Vilma NFLC nflcentral.net Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Capt. Comeback @ Jan 11 2007, 08:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (chang @ Jan 10 2007, 11:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Look how Steve McNair has turned Vince Young into an NFL winner. He can do the same for Troy Smith. Both Young and Smith had lots of college success but Smith is the better pure passer. Sure, he had a bad national championship game but he still won plenty of big games throughout his career.</div> :LMAO: :LMAO: He wins a few good games in his career, but fucks up his most important one?! That's not what I want to see come playoff time if he is on my NFL team.</div>Big Ben FUBARed the Superbowl... :whistling:

8. Capt. Comeback

Big Ben is a totally different story. We are talking about Smith smart one :thumbsup:Oh and not to mention, Big Ben wasn't a Heisman winner.

9. Jon_Vilma

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Capt. Comeback @ Jan 12 2007, 11:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Big Ben is a totally different story. We are talking about Smith smart one :thumbsup:Oh and not to mention, Big Ben wasn't a Heisman winner.</div>Nope, just a Superbowl winner.

10. Capt. Comeback

Smith hasn't played in the NFL yet, so it still doesn't matter.

11. Jon_Vilma

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Capt. Comeback @ Jan 13 2007, 11:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Smith hasn't played in the NFL yet, so it still doesn't matter.</div>So you can take in an NFL championship and still be good, but you can't tank in an NCAA championship and still be good? Got it.

12. Capt. Comeback

Big Ben is good? Since when? Smith completely bombed himself in the NC game and he just showed to everyone that he can't compete against good defenses (Florida played really good for what they were sought to be). Big Ben still sucks and he showed us that this year. I don't know where you think that Big Ben was any good, or still is any good.

13. GaMeTiMe

GaMeTiMe BBW Member

Updated as of 1/20 - A handful of picks have to do with free agency and cap casualties, including both Panther picks and a few I'm sure will be specified by you guys.EDIT: Oh and before anybody points it out, I will say once again that I think Jake Plummer will be headed to Houston to compete with David Carr, so they can wait a year on picking a QB high. I think they'll instead try and kill two birds with one stone by picking Landry and hopefully solving their QB problem with Plummer/Carr.

14. AdropOFvenom

AdropOFvenom BBW Member

I don't care for Zach Miller personally. Chris Baker is a solid Tight End and while the Jets could use a Second Tight End, we could either pick up a Daniel Graham or Eric Johnson in Free Agency or wait until the middle rounds for that (And pick up a Clark Harris type).I'd see the Jets doing something to address the Defensive Line there since they didn't with their first 2 picks. An Ikaika-Alama Francis or Ray McDonald would be a good bet there. I also wouldn't mind seeing a Cornerback like a Josh Wilson.

15. AdropOFvenom

AdropOFvenom BBW Member

Well, now that you fixed it I'll look through the mock itself. I don't see the Browns passing up on Quinn. Charlie Frye hasn't shown enough for them to pass up a potential Franchise QB like Quinn, there's the Charlie Weis - Romeo Crennell connection where I'm sure Weis will put in a good word for him, Notre Dame is close to Ohio so I'm sure theres a portion of Notre Dame / Cleveland fans who would love the move. I don't really think Jacksonville looks for a D-End. They got Bobby McCray and Reggie Hayward there already. Herm Edwards in his entire time as head coach has only selected ONE offensive player in the First Round, and that was Santana Moss. As a matter of fact, the earliest he has ever selected an Offensive Lineman is the Third Round despite the Jets and Chiefs constantly needing lineman. Is it the right pick? Yes. Is it the pick the Chiefs will do? Hell no.Why would the Falcons want a RB? They got Dunn and Norwood already. I don't see them picking up a RB, at least not on Day One.Tennessee Titans - Travis Henry, LenDale White, Chris Brown. Why would they take Irons?

16. GaMeTiMe

GaMeTiMe BBW Member

[quote name='AdropOFvenom' post='81447' date='Jan 20 2007, 06:10 PM']I don't see the Browns passing up on Quinn. Charlie Frye hasn't shown enough for them to pass up a potential Franchise QB like Quinn, there's the Charlie Weis - Romeo Crennell connection where I'm sure Weis will put in a good word for him, Notre Dame is close to Ohio so I'm sure theres a portion of Notre Dame / Cleveland fans who would love the move.[/quote]The whole "coach connection" story is extremely overblown with a lot of the draft. You always hear about how this coach knows this coach who knows this coach, so everyone is sure he'll be going to that team. It will happen in some cases, but not all of them. Adrian Peterson is being completely underrated and no one seems to believe he's a top 3 pick, even to a team that doesn't need him as badly as other positions. It's not too late for Frye.
    Hayward is getting older and coming off an achillies injury which will hurt him being a pass rusher. Moses wouldn't start, but would definitely add some depth and insurance. Jacksonville can afford it with minimal needs.
    The only defensive player I can see him picking there is Pitcock, and I'm predicting that his stock will be down to about the point where I have him being picked when draft day rolls around. I'm not going to predict that bad of a pick, even if he doesn't usually pick offense. He's going to be cleaning house as far as coaches go, and I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of offensive players from the old regime start being replaced with more suitable players for Herm.
    Dunn is slowing down and just underwent shoulder surgery that will put him on the shelf for a few months..I'd expect him to be a third down back to Norwood next year. However Norwood isn't an ideal starting back and Bush would give him a nice running mate. I'm sure Petrino wouldn't mind having Bush back either.
    Again, possible cap casualties/trades/free agent signings were taken into consideration in this version. Chris Brown is as good as gone and may be going to Denver, and Travis Henry is looking at possibly being cut aswell. White would benefit much more splitting carries with someone like Irons. Not to mention there isn't an ideal DE or DT available for them at that point, so it's almost a BPA scenario. Definitely one of the worst picks of the mock, but at the same time definitely possible.

17. chang

I really hope Adalius doesn't leave but I would like Posluzney on the Ravens.As for the 2nd round, I think Mason Crosby is an investment we could make soon. Matt Stover is getting old so we need to start finding someone young to replace him. 2nd round might be early but Crosby is one of a kind.

18. GaMeTiMe

GaMeTiMe BBW Member

Mason Crosby kicks in Colorado, which is something scouts have to realize. I dont think you pick a kicker in the second round unless you have no one at the position, plenty of teams' kickers are getting old.

19. Capt. Comeback

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GaMeTiMe @ Jan 20 2007, 09:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Dunn is slowing down and just underwent shoulder surgery that will put him on the shelf for a few months..I'd expect him to be a third down back to Norwood next year. However Norwood isn't an ideal starting back and Bush would give him a nice running mate. I'm sure Petrino wouldn't mind having Bush back either.</div>I'm going to have to disagree about Norwood's talent. Norwood had put up some nice numbers for a number two RB and was a great compliment to Dunn when he was injured or tired. With only 99 carries all year and marking up 633 yards with a 6.4 avg, I think he could easily be a starter in the NFL. Dunn is still going to be a part of the offense, shoulder surgery or not, but I definitley don't think the Falcons can give up on Dunn yet, and I don't think they will. If Mike Vick is gone, there will be no way Dunn will leave, and no way that the Falcons will draft a RB on the first day. Either way, their pick won't be to take Bush.

20. GaMeTiMe

GaMeTiMe BBW Member

Norwood broke a handful of nice big runs which is the reason that his stats are so padded. He's not going to consistantly do that on a game to game basis as an NFL starter.