Garnett to the Wizards?

Discussion in 'Washington Wizards' started by Mamba, May 9, 2006.

1. Mamba

Mamba The King is Back Staff Member Global Moderator

Rumors in DC are that the Wizards and the Timberwolves are in discussions for Garnett. One of my friends back there told me that the they mentioned it on FSN out there and it's being discussed on realgm.com, so I think it has some truth to it.

I don't know what we could offer? Antawn Jamison, Jared Jeffries, Brendan Haywood, our first this year and another first for Garnett and Hassell?

2. TimmyDMVP

TimmyDMVP JBB JustBBall Member

It would be good for the wizards, i think that all they really need is one more consistent player to take them all the way past at least the first round

3. PISTONSIN06

PISTONSIN06 JBB JustBBall Member

We could use him in detroit

The Pistons could offer Minnesota alot of options for Garnett. We could offer one of the Wallaces and maybe Tay. He would be a great fit in the D![​IMG]

4. TimmyDMVP

TimmyDMVP JBB JustBBall Member

h ecan come to the spurs we will give him marks nazr and rasho lol

5. Mamba

I don't know why the Pistons would break up their team. They have the perfect shot at winning it all next year. They don't need a dominating player, they have potential all-stars and perennial all-stars on their team.

6. og15

og15 JBB *********

I don't see how it can happen, Jamison is the only tradeable piece on the team that can gt Garnett. Minnesotta would not want that. If we were to have a Arenas-KG combo though, that would be insane.

7. 50

50 JBB JustBBall Member

Yeah, I could see this happening to be honest. KG and Arenas with Caron, Daniels, and the rest of the squad which isn't much could be pretty serious. I would like to see this team run the floor and see what kind of offense they would run because Arenas wants the ball and so does Garnett.

8. PauL WaLL

PauL WaLL JBB JustBBall Member

For some odd reason, this trade looks like it really could happen.

I could just see garnett in the dark blue.[​IMG]

9. ilive4ball

ilive4ball JBB JustBBall Member

Like somebody said- the only person you guy's could offer is Antwan Jamison.

Unless you package up Arenas you guy's have no shot since you don't have any major expiring contracts that I know of, or high draft picks... that Minnesota would need.

The Timberwolves are going to want either a Superstar (I can really see J.O for KG straight up happening) or cap space and a few first round picks, at least one of which will have to be lottery. You guy's don't have either.

10. Flow

Flow ATLiens

Studdying
    <div class="quote_poster">Quoting og15:</div><div class="quote_post">I don't see how it can happen, Jamison is the only tradeable piece on the team that can gt Garnett. Minnesotta would not want that. If we were to have a Arenas-KG combo though, that would be insane.</div>WORD !

11. Mamba

Jamison only has two more years on the books and I doubt the Wolves trade Garnett to the east. Washington has Antawn Jamison, the 18th pick, a second round pick, next year's 1st round pick, Jared Jeffries (S&T), Brendan Haywood, possibly Caron Butler...any which of these players they could make a package out of to offer Minnesota.

Arenas won't be moved though. He's the franchise. He's the guy that Abe Pollin and Ernie Grunfeld want as the face of the Washington Wizards.

12. Smoke

Smoke JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting og15:</div><div class="quote_post">I don't see how it can happen, Jamison is the only tradeable piece on the team that can gt Garnett. Minnesotta would not want that. If we were to have a Arenas-KG combo though, that would be insane.</div>
    I agree with both of your statements.

Unless I see a link from a legit source discussing this. I do not think this will realistically happen at all.

Of course the Wizards can discuss a trade with the Wolves anytime they want. But to think that something realistic could come from the talks is ludacris. The Wiz just dont have enough to offer.

13. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

I never considered the Wizards being in the KG running, but they have some intriguing pieces to get Minnesota on the table.

There was an article today Wizards' Grunfeld: 'I'm comfortable with what we have'

Usually when a GM makes this statement, he's really not comfortable and is looking to make a splash in the off-season.

If I'm Minnesota I would ask for Andray Blatche in this trade. He has a lot of the same tools KG has, and just needs time to develop. Getting shot, set him back this season, but Blatche has some amazing upside and could be a building block if the TWolves decide to rebuild.

Jamison - Blatche - Jarvis Hayes - 1st Round Pick (2006)

Antawn Jamison has a player option after next season. He might agree to a buyout in order to play for a contender. If not Minnesota can deal him the following season because his expiring contract will be an asset for them.

Andray Blatche promising young talent, and something they can sell their fans on I would think.

Jarvis Hayes, cheap, young talent

2006 1st Round pick another piece they can use for rebuilding

14. Mamba

Andray Blatche is going to be incredible in this league, it'd be smart if Minny did ask for him. If that's the case though, I don't think Washington would let him go because of his upside.

As for Grunfeld saying that he's content with the lineup, don't believe it. He's said that the last 3 summers and made big moves: First he signed Arenas, then he traded for Jamison, and last summer he traded for Butler.

Ernie Grunfeld is not the type of GM to sit around after his team was ousted in the first round, he's going to makes splashes this summer and try to catapult the Wizards into the top 3 teams in the East.

15. og15

og15 JBB *********

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Jamison only has two more years on the books and I doubt the Wolves trade Garnett to the east. Washington has Antawn Jamison, the 18th pick, a second round pick, next year's 1st round pick, Jared Jeffries (S&T), Brendan Haywood, possibly Caron Butler...any which of these players they could make a package out of to offer Minnesota.

Arenas won't be moved though. He's the franchise. He's the guy that Abe Pollin and Ernie Grunfeld want as the face of the Washington Wizards.</div>
    To get Garnett though, I wouldn't be opposed to trading Butler. I like Caron a lot, but an Arenas and KG combo is too good to resist. KG won 52 games when the West was crazy tough with Troy Hudson as his second main guy, so what would we expect in the East with Arenas?

A trade with Jamison and Butler is a possibility, though giving up a lot, the rewards are massive. If we did that, we'd really need to get some shooters though, and just some legitimate other pieces, not Awey Storey and Donell Taylor.

16. Mr. J

Mr. J Triple Up

What trade chips do the Wizards have that other teams don't have? I don't see anyway Garnett can end up in Washington.

17. og15

og15 JBB *********

A lot of the trades with big name guys don't go the way most of us expect it to, so no option is really out of the realm of possiblity as long as the teams has players that can be traded.

18. Mr. J

Mr. J Triple Up

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting og15:</div><div class="quote_post">A lot of the trades with big name guys don't go the way most of us expect it to, so no option is really out of the realm of possiblity as long as the teams has players that can be traded.</div>
    Of course it could happen, but what do the Wizards have to offer that other teams like the Bulls, Knicks, etc. don't?

19. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting MrJ:</div><div class="quote_post">Of course it could happen, but what do the Wizards have to offer that other teams like the Bulls, Knicks, etc. don't?</div>

The Bulls can put together a better package, but I don't think Paxson wants to gut his team to bring KG on board. The time to trade for KG, was when they still had Tim Thomas expiring contract to include. Without his $13Million, the Bulls have to give up two or three players to make it work. All the key players on the Bulls are on rookie deals still, so it's hard to get equal compensation if they are included in any deal.

New York wants to deal Francis or Marbury to land a superstar. I don't think Minnesota fans are going to accept either one in a package deal for KG.

The Knicks could go with Jalen Rose + Frye + Nate + Taylor for KG + Jaric or something along those lines.

I think KG and the Minnesota owner have an understanding that KG is going to dictate where he wants to be traded to. If you're KG would you rather play with Arenas and Butler or Marbury and Francis?

20. kobe23

kobe23 JBB JustBBall Member

College Undergrad
    but does KG want to go to washington?