Garnett to the Wizards?

Discussion in 'Washington Wizards' started by Mamba, May 9, 2006.

1. og15

og15 JBB *********

If the Knicks and Bulls are the other main options, then I think KG would more than likely be picking the Wizards as his destination. KG hates losing, he definately doesn't want to go somewhere and lose. A KG and Arenas combo is the best combo any of the teams can offer, and would make them a 50 win team in the East.

The Bulls don't lose, but if they trade for KG, their roster would have to be depleted. New York, well, they haven't been too much on the winning side, and playing with Francis/Marbury, or playing with Arenas, I think the choice is quite simple. Arenas is better, and 5 years younger than both those guys.

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Of course it could happen, but what do the Wizards have to offer that other teams like the Bulls, Knicks, etc. don't?</div>
    Like already mentioned, that's not what it always comes down to. I'm not saying the Wizards have some advantage, I'm saying it really could go in any direction, we can't really predict, just hope it goes where we want.

2. MrBigShot_23

MrBigShot_23 BBW Member

This would defiently be a great acquisiton for Washington

3. Lostmyluggage

Lostmyluggage JBB JustBBall Member

KG has stated that he wants to play with LeBron. Its time for the t'wolves to allow KG to go where he belongs, alongside the future GOAT of the NBA.

I mean common, they will get Z for him and maybe some more LOL!

4. Mamba

Mamba The King is Back Staff Member Global Moderator

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Lostmyluggage:</div><div class="quote_post">KG has stated that he wants to play with LeBron. Its time for the t'wolves to allow KG to go where he belongs, alongside the future GOAT of the NBA.

I mean common, they will get Z for him and maybe some more LOL!</div>

And where did he state that? KG wants to win. He can win with Arenas, LeBron, or Kobe. Playing with LeBron would cripple the Cavs, financially as well. Especially if they want to re-sign LeBron to a maximum deal. The chances of KG and LeBron together are almost none.

5. TheFreshPrince

TheFreshPrince JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting PauL WaLL:</div><div class="quote_post">
    I could just see garnett in the dark blue.[​IMG]</div>

KG already wears dark blue lol.

This trade would make Washigton dynamite.

PG Arenas
    SG Hassell
    SF Butler
    PF KG
    C whoever

I doubt minny would do this even if blatche was in. Maybe like 2 draft picks, but the picks wont be great because DC will be great with this team

6. Lostmyluggage

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting TheBlackMamba:</div><div class="quote_post">And where did he state that? KG wants to win. He can win with Arenas, LeBron, or Kobe. Playing with LeBron would cripple the Cavs, financially as well. Especially if they want to re-sign LeBron to a maximum deal. The chances of KG and LeBron together are almost none.</div>

Actually his exact words were:
    I want to play with Lebron, he actually passes the ball.

This was told to a writer of Slam magazine, and was printed in the last issue.

7. Mamba

It was told? You know how many things are misquoted and made up in articles? It's not a reliable source unless KG is quoted in the media himself saying it, not some writer writing for some nonsense basketball magazine that cares more about basketball style than the actual game itself.

And even if he wanted to play with James, it would never happen. The Cavs would be in salary cap hell and would hesitate on offering James a max contract. They wouldn't be able to put any role players around them for years. It hurts the Cavs more than it helps them.

8. Lostmyluggage

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting TheBlackMamba:</div><div class="quote_post">It was told? You know how many things are misquoted and made up in articles? </div>

Well then I guess we should just take everything for face value and not believe anything that the creditable columnists write. How great.

9. Mamba

Yeah, beacuse Slam is such a credible magazine. They're reporting breaking news everyday!

If someone like ESPN, SI, or FOX Sports reported it, then maybe it'd have some backbone to it.

10. Lostmyluggage

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting TheBlackMamba:</div><div class="quote_post">Yeah, beacuse Slam is such a credible magazine. They're reporting breaking news everyday!

If someone like ESPN, SI, or FOX Sports reported it, then maybe it'd have some backbone to it.</div>

I'm going to do some research on them and find out if they are credible or not. I just hate reading stuff if it's not true. Now that you've pointed out the potential possiblity of it being false I now want to get some real answers. I'll be damned if I take the time to read stuff that's not real.

11. Mamba

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Lostmyluggage:</div><div class="quote_post">I'm going to do some research on them and find out if they are credible or not. I just hate reading stuff if it's not true. Now that you've pointed out the potential possiblity of it being false I now want to get some real answers. I'll be damned if I take the time to read stuff that's not real.</div>

Slam is a good basketball magazine if you want to know the latest basketball fashions and HS players. When it comes to them reporting rumors and such, I wouldn't rely on them for s**t.

If you want a good magazine, NBA Inside Stuff is pretty good.

I'm not saying that what you're saying is false or a lie, I'm just saying I'm not going to take that worth even a grain of salt until I get comformation from a real site. I don't know why KG would stab Kobe in the back like that. They're best friends.

12. TheFreshPrince

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting TheBlackMamba:</div><div class="quote_post">I don't know why KG would stab Kobe in the back like that. They're best friends.</div>

LOL
    Then why doesnt kobe come to minny if they are such good friends[​IMG]

13. Mamba

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting TheFreshPrince:</div><div class="quote_post">LOL
    Then why doesnt kobe come to minny if they are such good friends[​IMG]</div>

Because Kobe is young. Kobe has a freshly signed deal with L.A. Kobe hasn't faced many years of losing like KG. I'm sure if Kobe can't get the right role players around him and the Lakers are stuck losing and Kobe's getting up there in age, you'll start hearing rumors about Kobe wanting out of L.A.

Let's get this back on topic though, imagine Arenas and KG. OMG that's the sexiest duo I've ever heard of.

14. TheFreshPrince

^^Word, i would instantly be the biggest wizard fan on the planet. They would dominate. KG is the perfect big for all these scoring guards in the league. He could care less how many shots he gets. He doesnt have a selfish bone in his body, its all passion to win.

15. Mamba

Ahem, I think I'm the biggest Wizard fan, lol.

I've loved Arenas ever since he came into the league. Same with Caron, Andray Blatche, and Haywood.

I'm salivating over the thought of Arenas and KG, but I don't know if it will happen.

Me and you seem to be trading posts today.

16. TheFreshPrince

yup, i just want to see kg with someone! AI, Kobe, wade, arenas just somebody

17. AIRTIGHT

AIRTIGHT JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">I don't know why KG would stab Kobe in the back like that. They're best friends.</div>

Luggage didnt say that article said anything about Kobe. Howd you come up with that comment?