Gary Payton II Trade to the Warriors

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by B-Roy, Feb 9, 2023.

1. Freshtown

Freshtown Well-Known Member

If he had so much scar tissue that it was alarming, why did we pass his physical when he signed here?

2. Natebishop3

Natebishop3 Don't tread on me!

I think they're saying the scar tissue is from the surgery...... but why would a third party surgeon pass him?

3. blazerfan11

blazerfan11 Well-Known Member

This was from a segment of the podcast, "Will the Warriors or Lakers be more miserable to watch."

(I guess this is Wos)
    "I got some intel on the GP2 stuff."

"Joe Lacob, Wiseman's his baby. However, the important people on the team (Steph, Draymond) want to get good players. And there's that tension. This guy can't help us. We want to win right now."

"And so they go out and get Gary Payton the 2nd. This whole their doctor does a physical on the guy and yes he has a lot of scar tissue from an injury he sustained last year on Golden State that they already knew about. This idea that they're doing this hand-wringing is really just a doctor in house that's just like look you know if this was another guy blah blah blah blah. (I assume he means that if it were another player the doctor would advise against the trade.)
    And Lacob being really mad about parting ways with Wiseman in the first place.
    Nothing untoward happened. You even see Josh Hart come out and say, 'no we watched the staff be really careful bringing this guy back along.'"
    "They have no leg to stand on. This guy was on this injury IN YOUR BUILDING, WITH YOUR DOCTORS last year."
    "I don't have any answers for what's happening with Bob Myers."

(another guy in the podcast)
    " Well, I think you just answered it. If you have an owner who is that kind of invested to the point of it's hard to trade James Wiseman, a player who to date has not been a very effective basketball player by any measure, if you feel pinched in that situation I can understand why you might want to look at something else. Even if it's being a podcast host."

both guys laugh.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2023
  4. Natebishop3

Natebishop3 Don't tread on me!

Kerr would have to go somewhere else and win with another core to even come close to claiming Phil's status.

So far he has only won with one core group of guys.

Phil won with 4 different groups of guys.

Propagandist likes this.
  5. handiman

handiman Well-Known Member

Everyone is terrible but the GM... I guess we know who your source is. :)

PCmor7, noknobs and CJ_is_Gone like this.
  6. PCmor7

PCmor7 Generational Poster

Saying this for years
    The "some already have (illegally)" is the clincher.

7. handiman

handiman Well-Known Member

Definitely an over-share.

8. PCmor7

Saying this for years
    Again, weird reply.

I'm going to give you a little free advice.

1. If you have real inside contacts, consider yourself fortunate.
    2. Understand that your inside contacts are people and therefore have their own agendas and biases that could come out in what they share with you.
    3. Understand that other people might also have inside sources whose info might differ or contradict yours.
    4. Don't brag about knowing someone. It's unbecoming. It's also not a skill. It's just something that happened. And it's the other person that has the inside contact, not you ... they're just sharing information.
    5. Learn to keep your mouth shut. Sometimes you might actually know or think you know something but revealing it could jeopardize you or your source. You either need to keep a lid on it and feel fortunate that you think you have a deeper understanding of the situation or you have to figure out how to reveal what you can without being vague, cryptic or condescending.
    6. Drive-by posts or snide comments are not an effective way to accomplish the last part of No. 5.
    7. Don't be thin-skinned.
    8. See No. 2 again. Your source telling you something often isn't the only word on the subject. You're staking your reputation on what they've chosen to share with you and the manner in which you present it.

DaLong, THE HCP, Propagandist and 3 others like this.
  9. PCmor7

Saying this for years
    And, doing the above is actually pretty simple ...

"Hey, guys, I understand it might not be popular and I can't fully explain it right now, but I have a buddy who shared some information and there might be an above-board basis for GSW doing this. I can't really say a lot, but if you have questions I'll answer the best I can."

It's certainly a better response than "LOL, I know something you don't know, and don't doubt my college buddy Myers." The latter's really juvenile.

handiman and RR7 like this.
  10. OneSport3

OneSport3 The Knowledge Hoarder

Keep biting it because no one gives a fuck.

RR7 and PCmor7 like this.
  11. calvin natt

calvin natt Confeve

First I’ve never “bragged” about anything. Ever. Go find it. I’ve been here for YEARS and never said a damn word about any source publicly, but NOW I’m “bragging” about it? I don’t need your Fucking advice. Keep my mouth shut? What the fuck? I have never said anything about anyone’s sources. Go back to the beginning of this thread. I wasn’t defensive or boasting about anything. I was asking questions trying to understand. Fuck this place.

12. PCmor7

Saying this for years
    Your vitriol makes it hard to take any of your information or opinion seriously. You keep going off on rants whenever anyone doesn't take your entire word unconditionally. You seem to have a need for validation on this that quite honestly shouldn't be necessary if you are comfortable that you believe the private information you have is correct.

I tried to help you. That was my one attempt. I'm not going to pollute the board with a back-and-forth with you that does nothing to advance the topic and goes nowhere. Forum members don't want that and I'm sure the mods don't want that. I won't stop your exercise in martyrdom.

SharpeScooterShooter likes this.
  13. SharpeScooterShooter

SharpeScooterShooter SharpeShooter

Freeloader
    im sorry, but you are acting like this is something new. The guy openly wishes for certain people to be dead. His vitriol and “fuck anyone who doesn't agree with me” attitude is deplorable. The “status” he has here is unwarranted in the years ive been here. Its just hate hate hate
    And more hate and anger. And some more hate.
    Ive had him on mental ignore lately cause ive simply read enough. Id do the same and stop wasting time on him.
    Either way. Inside source or not, this is in no way a big enough deal to be telling people to fuck off…
    yet here we are with such anger…

14. HoopsFanAZ

HoopsFanAZ Well-Known Member

Kerr on the radio … A #2 pick with nothing bad to say about him doesn’t meet their timeline … has been injured …
    hasn’t developed enough to be of benefit … has addressed questions of Wiseman not playing before … management’s job on getting and trading players …

Translation: Wiseman is not a player Kerr wants to coach now or in the future, and management screwed up.

15. noknobs

noknobs Well-Known Member

I was going to leave you alone until I realized you went back and deleted all your posts... You realize people already quoted you and this just makes you look even weaker, right?

Why delete everything? Did you not want us to see all your hard-hitting questions like:

And when people bothered to respond and answer you when you really did write a question such as:

They were then met with:

But you're just "trying to understand", haha.

16. MickZagger

MickZagger Well-Known Member

UPS
    I got inside sauces that told me that this whole thing ran amuck because Golden States’s doctor didn’t really like him all that much so he was doing everything in his power to not let the trade go thru

SlyPokerDog and PCmor7 like this.
  17. wizenheimer

wizenheimer Well-Known Member

upload_2023-2-17_22-33-28.png

those two statements:

Blazers didn't lie about shots of Toradol...there weren't any. And according to John Hollinger NBA teams are not required to share any treatment plans they were applying to a player. I know that leaves some significant gray area filled with interpretation and semantics, but still...

so then, oral doses of Toradol but we don't know anything more than that. If it was just a few doses, dispensed by a trainer, it easily could be an oversight on Portland's part considering the mad rush just before the trade deadline. I doubt anybody in any front office got much sleep for a couple of nights

Payton was playing for the Blazers. Warriors say he isn't ready to play. Seems like a pretty subjective difference, especially considering the Warriors couldn't save face if they play Payton any time soon, not after their PR jihad against the Blazers. They do get the 10-day reprieve of the all star break

I guess we'll see if the NBA takes any action, or maybe we won't see anything further

Tince, Fairly-Hard and PCmor7 like this.
  18. MickZagger

MickZagger Well-Known Member

UPS
    If the NBA takes action it’s not likely to go in our favor. Not because the Blazers are in the wrong-doing. But because the Warriors have kind of been the face of the NBA the past decade.

Natebishop3 likes this.
  19. Propagandist

Propagandist Well-Known Member

I went from disinterested to willing to follow you into war…good post.

THE HCP, Fairly-Hard and PCmor7 like this.
  20. Propagandist

Propagandist Well-Known Member

You deleted posts?!? That is an epicly uncomfortable fact.