Gee DNP?

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by blue9, Mar 26, 2015.

1. julius

julius Global Moderator Staff Member Global Moderator

singer songwriter
    party people....

#WinterHawks

2. dviss1

dviss1 Emcee Referee

Man some of you people.... Another MF who didn't watch the game...

3. HailBlazers

HailBlazers RipCity

aka "Troll"

[​IMG]

4. blue9

blue9 Well-Known Member

(A) I never said that we played well or poorly against UTH. You're tying a quote about my general outlook - in response to a general comment - to a specific game. Par for the course around these parts.
    (B) I've watched more than enough games to know how this team plays. Maybe they played really well against UTH - I don't know. Somehow I doubt it...aside from the 4th quarter turn-around.

I'm not interested in your petty pissing matches, so I'm not going to get into it any more after this post. I'm more than happy to have respectful discussions, dialogs, debates, and arguments. But I don't have the time or energy to put into bullshit straw men, semantic, or just plain poorly crafted arguments. (BNM - this isn't wholly directed at you, but is rather a summation of S2 arguments.) The vehemence that's directed at people with unpopular opinions is just ridiculous and really takes the fun out of discussing basketball. We don't have to agree with each other - that would be boring. But I'm a little taken aback by some of you who I previously respected, despite not always agreeing with.

Take a page from Dame's book and: RESPECT - PASS IT ON.

blue32 likes this.
  5. dviss1

dviss1 Emcee Referee

Wow.... Where do I begin.... It's not about agreeing or disagreeing at all. It's about you see a DNP-CD for Gee and then you have a bullshit freak out so much that you create this TROLL THREAD disparaging Stotts when....

You didn't even watch the game....

magnifier661 likes this.
  6. SlyPokerDog

SlyPokerDog Woof! Staff Member Administrator

I believe that this forum would be better if everyone agreed with me.

I agree with what you posted, this forum would be boring if everyone agreed on everything.

7. Blazer4ever

Blazer4ever Finding a Way BANNED

Agricolture
    I'm with blue, isn't this BNM dude the reason we traded T-Rob. and that Dviss is calling people trolls like trolls are the only one who understand basketball.

8. Boob-No-More

Boob-No-More Why you no hire big man coach?

Yes, I am. Damn, the secret is out. I have more power than Bert Kolde, Hat Guy and all the Vulcans combined.

BNM

dviss1, magnifier661 and riverman like this.
  9. SlyPokerDog

Sorry, I told.

10. riverman

riverman Writing Team

when did you hack jlprk's account. This is definitely a jlprk post!

11. barfo

barfo triggered obsessive commie pinko Staff Member Global Moderator

jlprk and I have more in common than just unappetizing usernames.

barfo

HailBlazers and riverman like this.
  12. e_blazer

e_blazer Rip City Fan

Consultant
    Hmmm....does this have anything to do with HCP's wife?

13. magnifier661

magnifier661 B-A-N-A-N-A-S!

Cracking fools in the skull
    Yes it would be wonderful for you to give respect when respect is due. Your words moved me. So in your opinion, because you claim you call what you see, can you admit Aldridge is a fucking beast and you've been wrong about him for a long while?

I mean you did say you want to take a page from Dame's book and all...

Duvalier likes this.
  14. rasheedfan2005

rasheedfan2005 Well-Known Member

15. Pinwheel1

Pinwheel1 Well-Known Member

I think it is safe to say that Terry has an offensive philosophy and he likes to stick with it as much as possible. And that philosophy seems to include 4 outside shooters at all times. ( Aside from the centers) For the most part players like , TRob, Claver, Gee, Earl Watson, Will Barton did not fit that description, ergo did not play much.

Terry already looks like he wants to shorten the rotation. Basically he played 8 guys last night (9 if you count the 5 for Joel) It will be interesting to see how he fits Gee in occasionally because I thought we would need him in the playoffs to hound certain players. However it does not look like we will playing Houston and I thought he could help on Harden. So will we need him against the Clips or SA? Can he help against CP3 like he did against Dame when he was in Denver? How about Kawhi Leonard? I would find Gee 5 minutes a game to find out.

On another note I am not sure about the Kaman line up last night. Chris played well offensively, but I would prefer Joel in there with him to protect the rim . Using Wright as a PF helped spread the floor for Kaman, and also helps on D when the other team has a spread 4, but when the other team is attacking the rim.........Kaman needs help. He does not react very quickly.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2015
    BBert likes this.
  16. blazerboy30

blazerboy30 Well-Known Member

What's "head-scratching" is that you don't understand an offensive philosophy of getting one of the most efficient shots in the game: 3pt shots.

We're shooting 36% from 3, which is equivalent to shooting 54% from 2. We shoot 48% from 2. If you take out dunks, we shoot about 45% from 2. The league's best 2-pt shooting team shoots less than 52%. Last year we shot over 37% from 3, equivalent to shooting 56% from 2, and actually shot 48% from 2 (45% without dunks). Potentially we should be shooting even MORE 3s if we can scale the quantity while still getting good looks.

It's also "head-scratching" that you don't understand why Gee doesn't fit well in that scheme.

HailBlazers likes this.
  17. Blazer4ever

Blazer4ever Finding a Way BANNED

Agricolture
    What's head-scratching is that you make excuses for Stotts like he's fucking holy when he's one of our biggest weaknesses.
    You think a team can win a championship with only 3s? Charles Barkley may not have Stotts credentials but when he says jump-shooting teams don't win championships I agree with him, and points in the paint may be our biggest weakness. Or another Cliche - "you live by the 3. you die by the 3" - not saying having shooters is a bad thing but if that's the only peremeter for success why is Lamarcus our best offensive player and ROLO our best +/- player? If you want to use shooters efficiently, you usualy don't need more than 2 on the floor, 3 tops. You need spacing, you need versatility, you need to be able to attack the rim to get open looks for 3.
    It's like you people would rather have blind faith in Stotts than actualy think for yourselves then accuse anyone who thinks for himself of being a troll. I sometimes find it comical, sometimes just sad - depending on my mood.

18. SlyPokerDog

1. I don't think you're a troll. Just how many people have called you one? Most will discuss/debate you without calling you anything.

2. I think Stotts has done a great job of allowing players to play to their strengths instead of forcing them to play into a system. There is a reason why Nate McMuffin hasn't gotten a job as a head coach again. Too rigid, tried to put square pegs into round holes. LMA has had career years under Stotts. Batum is utilized much better under Stotts. Under Nate he was just a jump shooter, now he initiates the offense. Matthews game expanded. The development of Lillard has gone perfect, improving his game every season.

3. Many of the players on the Blazer's roster are good 3 pt shooters, why not take advantage of that? You put your players in positions that allows them their best opportunity to succeed. Stotts seems to do that well.

4. I don't think that liking what Stotts is doing means we have blind faith in the guy.

dviss1, Blazer4ever and magnifier661 like this.
  19. riverman

riverman Writing Team

20. 3RA1N1AC

3RA1N1AC 00110110 00111001

Just win baby