General Playoff Thread

Discussion in 'New York Rangers' started by Ranger71, Aug 11, 2020.

1. NYR Fan

NYR Fan Well-Known Member

I disagree on the Isles level of talent. They are a talented team. They are also a very deep team, which matters (4 solid lines). With that said, yeah they are aided by Trotz system, but that's okay as he's one of the best coaches in the NHL. And I also agree that Boston would have beaten them, I think Boston was the 2nd best team in the East after TB, and the Isles were 3rd, and Philly was 4th of the final 4 East teams.

So yes I think TB beats the Isles as I wrote above, and I do think they are stepping up in class, TB and Boston were another level in the East IMO, but I also think the Isles have good talent.

2. kreidertime

kreidertime Well-Known Member

They are not that talented. They don't have offense from the backend for the most part. They have one creative forward. They are a bunch of grinders. They sucked at the end of the season before Covid hit. They wouldn't have made the playoffs. Talented teams don't miss the playoffs.

3. Greyvtrayn

Greyvtrayn Well-Known Member

Well, their lack of talent has gotten them a long way this year. You just hate the Islanders!

SaveLundy likes this.
  4. kreidertime

Yeah, that talent was on full display last night. Amazing how asswipes forget they were going to miss the playoffs before Covid hit.

5. Greyvtrayn

Greyvtrayn Well-Known Member

No one was saying they are going to beat the Lightning. Amazing how dip shits make stuff up so they can feel like they knew more than everyone else.

SaveLundy likes this.
  6. kreidertime

As well as the Islanders played against Philly they would have lost the series pretty easily if the Flyers didn't have their head up their ass on the PP the entire series. I don't know if they scored one PP goal the entire series. Not the case here. Tampa will light their ass up on the PP and did it in game one.

7. NYR Fan

Like we all said, TB will beat the Isles. Also said the Isles were stepping up in class. With that said, one game doesn't make a series and mean the Isles will get destroyed. Look at your Bruins, who you thought were clearly better than the Lightning, they won game 1 and how did that work out?

TB is a very good team, they beat your Bruins in 5 games. So even if they roll the Isles it doesn't mean they are a bad team, and don't have talent. It means TB is just that good, as they showed while rolling your Bruins.

8. kreidertime

I don't think Boston recovered from their starting goalie quitting on them. Don't think it would have mattered though. Tampa seems to be in a zone right now. They aren't my Bruins dickwad. I simply went based off the regular season when Boston was the best team. Should have looked at the season series where they had a tough time with Tampa. Either way I don't give a shit as long as the Islanders lose. I could care less if Tampa wins the cup and pretty much 99% of the country doesn't either.

9. kreidertime

Very few things better in life than watching the Islanders take it up the ass and lose a playoff game with under 10 seconds left. :cheers:

10. kreidertime

That being said, if Point is out long term that could swing this series around quickly. Tampa can't afford to lose that player.

11. NYR Fan

I am happy the Isles lost as well, but man I cannot stand TB, and I especially cannot stand their coach Cooper - such a tool. I hope they get rolled in the SCF, but doubt they will.

12. kreidertime

They have to win this series first and without Point that changes things. The Islanders showed their complete, lack of talent last night. Not scoring on a 5 minute PP, a 5 on 3 and not being able to beat a team that played with only 9 forwards. Pathetic. You can't rely on your 4th line to win games. They should be relied upon to chip in. Something our 4th line hasn't done in a decade.

13. NYR Fan

Please, the Isles played well last night. They outplayed TB. The Isles are a good team. TB is a very good team. That's the difference. The Isles are on the next level down after the top teams. They have talent, but they are not on that top level. They lack that true next level stud, but most teams lack that type of player, and the Isles are no different. No shame in that.

Having that type of player/those types of players is what separates the very best top 5 or so teams from the rest. You combine that with D/goal tending and you have something special. That's what the Avs and Leafs lack to be on that level. The Isles have good solid players throughout their lineup pretty much from top to bottom. They lack the top end player, which is why they were all in on Panarin (maybe Barzal can be that guy someday). At days end that makes them a good team, not a very good/great team. That simple to me.

14. Ranger71

Ranger71 Well-Known Member

That was a great read by McDope with under 10 seconds.

15. kreidertime

The Islanders did not play great. They were incompetent. When you can't score on a 5 minute PP, can't score on a 5 on 3 and can't beat a team with 9 forwards, you didn't play well. You fucked up. Big time. Not to mention let up a goal with 7 seconds left. The fact you thought they played great shows you have very low expectations for the play of a team. I can assure you if the Rangers were the Islanders and played that game 99% of our fans would be trashing the team stating how they are morons on the PP, couldn't beat a bunch of tired forwards and always let up late goals in periods.

16. NYR Fan

1. I said they played well last night, not great.
    2. You hate the Isles, it is that simple. You have zero objectivity on the subject.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2020
  17. kreidertime

You didn't play well when you don't score on a 5 minute PP, not on a 5 on 3 advantage, give up a goal with 7 seconds left and can't win vs a team playing 9 forwards who lost their best overall forward aft er the first period. Happy now.

18. NYR Fan

You are right. They beat Florida, Washington, and Philly to get into the ECF, but they are a bad team with little talent. You nailed it. Happy now.

It is funny, because my take on the Isles is they are a good solid team, with good talent, and very good depth. They are not a great top level team. They don't have that top level dynamic player, but they are a good solid team. I guess in your version they stink and have no talent. Amazing how they won 3 series and made the ECF.

19. kreidertime

Go back to your old handle. The one where you had us constantly pissing away all our draft picks.

20. NYR Fan

You always live up to expectations...LOL.