Gerald Green?

Discussion in 'Brooklyn Nets' started by Universe, Mar 8, 2008.

1. farouq710

farouq710 Member

I don't get the nets and Rod Thorn using the excuse that Green won't understand the system. What players understand the system then? The system obviously isn't working so why not get a talented young SG/SF to groom behind VC. Green would be a lottery level talent coming out of college if he were still in school, he and Buddinger are essentially the same player from a talent level. I don't understand their aversion to taking highschool kids, I know experience matters but the nets simply aren't a very talented team. Talent to me is athletic ability and basketball ability, Green is athletic and has a very nice jump shot therefore he is talented. A guy like swift is athletic but really doesn't have any basketball skills. Green would be more useful than swift and I don't understand why the nets aren't picking him up, he'd allow them depth and be a player you could assess for the long term. Most likely, we'll pick up a flawed youngish veteran a scott padgett-type because they have more experience and "understand the system" better. If san antonio or phoenix said that it would be an acceptable answer since they have a structured system and strong identity in place, hell even if Utah or Orlando said that it'd be ok. When you're a shitty team with no real system that's a terrible answer.

2. Netsfan318

Netsfan318 Member

<div><object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mL-2BB4aj4E&"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mL-2BB4aj4E&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350" /></embed></object></div>

3. Angelo1405

Angelo1405 Member

that vid got me excited......:`( but we got no real identity, kidd was right. all he'll do is dunk and shoot decently.if this was a running offence 24/7, he'll fit perfectly, but frank is still in NJ ?!?!

4. Netsfan318

Netsfan318 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Angelo1405 @ Mar 11 2008, 09:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>that vid got me excited......:`( but we got no real identity, kidd was right. all he'll do is dunk and shoot decently.if this was a running offence 24/7, he'll fit perfectly, but frank is still in NJ ?!?!</div>
    Frank needs to go, IDK what they see in him, he doesn't install passion, he's good at X's and O's sometimes but is not the coach that can work young prospects. A guy like Mark Jackson can do it, because he's a no bulls.... type of person or Rick Carlisle because he helps prospects reach their potential. I see what LF did w/ Sean, Marcus, Boone and how he favors guys like Boki and RJ a bit too much .. I want him gone first & then picking up Green and JR can be a plus.

5. farouq710

farouq710 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Netsfan318 @ Mar 11 2008, 10:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Angelo1405 @ Mar 11 2008, 09:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>that vid got me excited......:`( but we got no real identity, kidd was right. all he'll do is dunk and shoot decently.if this was a running offence 24/7, he'll fit perfectly, but frank is still in NJ ?!?!</div>
    Frank needs to go, IDK what they see in him, he doesn't install passion, he's good at X's and O's sometimes but is not the coach that can work young prospects. A guy like Mark Jackson can do it, because he's a no bulls.... type of person or Rick Carlisle because he helps prospects reach their potential. I see what LF did w/ Sean, Marcus, Boone and how he favors guys like Boki and RJ a bit too much .. I want him gone first & then picking up Green and JR can be a plus.
    </div>

I don't really see Jackson doing a good job because he's never coached at any level, he has no experience. Yeah he was a good PG but it's different being a player even if you're a PG. I'd rather the nets hire a veteran offensive minded coach and keep Frank as an assistant and be responsible for defense. Let's face it in order to be a defensive minded team you need guys that want to play defense and the only guys that play defense are the scrubs looking to get time.

6. Netsfan318

Netsfan318 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (farouq710 @ Mar 11 2008, 10:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Netsfan318 @ Mar 11 2008, 10:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Angelo1405 @ Mar 11 2008, 09:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>that vid got me excited......:`( but we got no real identity, kidd was right. all he'll do is dunk and shoot decently.if this was a running offence 24/7, he'll fit perfectly, but frank is still in NJ ?!?!</div>
    </div>

I don't really see Jackson doing a good job because he's never coached at any level, he has no experience. Yeah he was a good PG but it's different being a player even if you're a PG. I'd rather the nets hire a veteran offensive minded coach and keep Frank as an assistant and be responsible for defense. Let's face it in order to be a defensive minded team you need guys that want to play defense and the only guys that play defense are the scrubs looking to get time.
    </div>
    they gave Lawrence Frank a chance but not Mark Jackson, Jackson comes from the school of Pat Riley, Rick Carlisle, Larry Brown, etc... he absoltely can do a better job if given a chance, just look at what Terry Porter, Avery Johnson, Larry Bird, Doc Rivers and Nate McMillan have done as former players. Phil Jackson was a scrub look at his LA team, it wouldn't hurt to give Mark Jackson a chance at coaching.

7. RUstrong

RUstrong Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Netsfan318 @ Mar 11 2008, 11:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (farouq710 @ Mar 11 2008, 10:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Netsfan318 @ Mar 11 2008, 10:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Angelo1405 @ Mar 11 2008, 09:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>that vid got me excited......:`( but we got no real identity, kidd was right. all he'll do is dunk and shoot decently.if this was a running offence 24/7, he'll fit perfectly, but frank is still in NJ ?!?!</div>
    </div>

</div>
    they gave Lawrence Frank a chance but not Mark Jackson, Jackson comes from the school of Pat Riley, Rick Carlisle, Larry Brown, etc... he absoltely can do a better job if given a chance, just look at what Terry Porter, Avery Johnson, Larry Bird, Doc Rivers and Nate McMillan have done as former players. Phil Jackson was a scrub look at his LA team, it wouldn't hurt to give Mark Jackson a chance at coaching.
    </div>

Did he even express interest in coaching? I would definitely like to see a change in coaching staff.

8. Angelo1405

Angelo1405 Member

yup. thats what i like about mark. hes a no bull coach like you said. he expects something in every player every night and we need a tough coach like that to MOTIVATE our young players keep moving throughout the season. frank is good with the fundamentals and the basic stuff but keeping a system and creating a teams identity isnt gonna work with him. i hope for some changes in the coaching/staff department in the offseason

9. GMJ

GMJ Suspended

Mark Jackson isn't a no-bull coach, because he has never been a coach.

10. farouq710

farouq710 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GMJigga @ Mar 11 2008, 01:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Mark Jackson isn't a no-bull coach, because he has never been a coach.</div>

exactly, thank you. those other player turned coaches have all had prior coaching experience at some level unlike our man Mark who has NO COACHING EXPERIENCE.

11. NJNetz

NJNetz BBW Banned

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Gerald Green won the Slam Dunk Contest last year and averaged 10 points per game in 81 games. But he so exasperated coaches in Boston, Minnesota and Houston that he is now out of work. Among those who would have liked to have him when he was drafted but have no interest now is Rod Thorn. Thorn did say Green could get a summer league invite and also suggested the team still might add someone.</div>
    Source

12. Universe

Universe Hall of Fame

I don't get how he won't know the system because do any of the current 14 man roster know the system either?

13. #1_War_Poet_ForLife

#1_War_Poet_ForLife The Baker of Cakes

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Universe @ Mar 11 2008, 02:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I don't get how he won't know the system because do any of the current 14 man roster know the system either?</div>
    There's a reason he's been dropped by 3 teams. He sucks.

14. MagicFan12

MagicFan12 Member

I don't understand why you all think the Nets need Green. There's a reason he never played often for any team he's been on, including the bottom-feeding Wolves.

15. Universe

Universe Hall of Fame

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MyNetsForLife @ Mar 11 2008, 03:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Universe @ Mar 11 2008, 02:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I don't get how he won't know the system because do any of the current 14 man roster know the system either?</div>
    </div>
    He wasn't dropped by Celtics as he was a main part of a Kevin Garnett trade. Yes, this year he is having a bad year but a mere one year before, he was playing half decent basketball for a 20 year old.

16. pegs

pegs My future wife.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Universe @ Mar 11 2008, 03:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MyNetsForLife @ Mar 11 2008, 03:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Universe @ Mar 11 2008, 02:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I don't get how he won't know the system because do any of the current 14 man roster know the system either?</div>
    </div>
    He wasn't dropped by Celtics as he was a main part of a Kevin Garnett trade. Yes, this year he is having a bad year but a mere one year before, he was playing half decent basketball for a 20 year old.
    </div>

...on a losing team, and he made no contributions that would help the team win.

Green is dumb, he's every coach's nightmare, and he just isn't that good. Plus, we already have Ager. I would prefer to give Ager a chance than to sign Green. I mean, if Ager isn't given minutes, what makes you guys think Green is gonna get minutes?

17. #1_War_Poet_ForLife

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Universe @ Mar 11 2008, 03:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MyNetsForLife @ Mar 11 2008, 03:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Universe @ Mar 11 2008, 02:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I don't get how he won't know the system because do any of the current 14 man roster know the system either?</div>
    </div>
    </div>
    I don't see how a "main piece" gets NO playing time. He was filler .

18. cpawfan

cpawfan Monsters do exist

Sign him and then go in tank mode

Starting Lineup
    PG: Marcus
    SG: Ager
    SF: Cupcake Dunk
    PF: Boki
    C: Stro

Hassell is the supersub. 6 man rotation FEAR

19. #1_War_Poet_ForLife

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cpawfan @ Mar 11 2008, 04:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Sign him and then go in tank mode

Starting Lineup
    PG: Marcus
    SG: Ager
    SF: Cupcake Dunk
    PF: Boki
    C: Stro

Hassell is the supersub. 6 man rotation FEAR</div>
    How could we lose with that? Hell, we could probably win in our socks.

20. GMJ

GMJ Suspended

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cpawfan @ Mar 11 2008, 04:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>6 man rotation FEAR</div>

LOL at least we'd catch somebody in the east...miami!

but no Sean Williams? [​IMG]