Gerald Henderson: Wake up from nap, get moved to Portland

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by SlyPokerDog, Aug 24, 2015.

1. lawai'a

lawai'a Well-Known Member

yea , his teams have lost a lot on occasion in the past,as in stotts first season here, and mcmillen/canales. he didn't carry either of those teams. I think terry and his staff have done an outstanding job of player development even if neither cj or Meyers become bona fide stars, after watching their limitations exposed in their rookie seasons. kim hughes' departure saddens me as his track record with big man development/mentoring was quite good. Antonio mcdyess, nene, blake griffin and deandre Jordan were all colts in his stable at one time I believe. heck even joel freelands/robin lopez progress/development was impressive. would have preferred to see him handling vonleh too.

I like that stotts developed the team into a top rated defense after how poorly they showed two seasons ago despite the teams success. recognizing, then implementing those changes and the teams buy in to make the changes successful also impressed me. plugging crabbe in for an injured batum and continueing to beat all comers was another statement to stotts' coaching ability, but his loyalty to nic even through his horrendous season showed a weakness IMO, I think he rode that horse a little too long. perhaps managing locker rooms is just as /if not more important in today's NBA.

that said , with expectations/predictions of a 31 win season by media pundits, blazers need to make the playoffs, even if only 8th seed in the west to be considered for COY IMO. he will still have my support and trust failing that, but winning is everything, even for allstar placement. the east could eastern conference could easily supply many COY candidates if only because there seems to be more parity/teams poised to make the next step, again IMO. pelicans success/improvement, OKC winning it all, new coaches in the west who could steal any player development thunder from the blazers' coach and his staff unless they greatly exceed expectations in winning.( forgot to mention chris Kaman's development in reference to coach hughes)

Last edited: Aug 31, 2015
    mook likes this.
  2. riverman

riverman Writing Team

I think all it says is that Wes has a stellar work ethic and improves every year...but that still doesn't make him a franchise guy..he's Bruce Bowen

3. dviss1

dviss1 Emcee Referee

I don't think he's talking about efficiency. I think he's talking about the difference between scoring inside vs outside.