Gerald Wallace?

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Gee_Dupe11, Jul 1, 2007.

1. Gee_Dupe11

Gee_Dupe11 JBB JustBBall Member

Well we need a SF for Darius Miles Insurance and IMO we need a shooter which would equal to Jason Kapono, but Mr.Wallace proved he can score and shoot a little bit. our overall potential Starting 5 have no deadly shooters. so who should we go for

2. bronbron23

bronbron23 JBB JustBBall Member

I would go for Wallace mainly because he is just such a great defender and score a little rather than have all offense from Kapono but he would demand more money, which I'm not aware if Portland have?

3. CLos

CLos JBB=The Originals

Kapano is ideal. I don't think you guys could get Wallace honestly.

4. Voodoo Child

Voodoo Child Can I Kick It?

<div class="quote_poster">CLos Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Kapano is ideal. I don't think you guys could get Wallace honestly.</div>

Yeah, the Blazers don't have the cap room for Wallace. They probably could get Kopono with the MLE, but I don't see him fitting much of a need for the Blazers. Outlaw's still got starting potential, Miles is coming back or could be dealt for another wing, Roy's got the starting two-guard spot on lock, and Webster's playing the role Kopono would as the spot-up shooter off the bench.

Another big man could be a good addition with a MLE, because almost all the big men on their current roster are walking injury concerns, and they'll be loosing Jamaal Magloire in free agency. Maybe a veteran like P.J. Brown or Brian Skinner could be had. I love the young, talented frontcourt of Oden-Aldridge-Frye, but I don't trust any of them to get through an entire season.

5. Gee_Dupe11

Gee_Dupe11 JBB JustBBall Member

we still got joel godzilla through who is a great shot blocker

Travis Outlaw IMO is better than Webster and hes Starter type IMO but we need a deadly shooter in the starting 5 and I heard something about Mr.James Jones but i dont trust him

6. playmaker15

playmaker15 JBB Droppin Dimes

I think Kapono would be great for you guys but without a guy like Wade who penetrates the D like that and then kicks it out would he still be the same player he is in Miami? It's a gamble with Jason but he'd be a good fit.

7. Voodoo Child

Voodoo Child Can I Kick It?

<div class="quote_poster">Gee_Dupe11 Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">we still got joel godzilla through who is a great shot blocker
    </div>

Yeah, I forgot you guys had both him and LaFrentz.

Either way, Kapono was just signed by the Raptors -

http://www.justbball.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72259

It's probably for the better, as his game is too similar to Webster's.

I'm going to go ahead and remove his name from the thread title. [​IMG]