Germany Gives up Subotic Pursuit

Discussion in 'Football Discussion' started by Claud, Nov 3, 2008.

1. agoo

agoo Member

A B-side lost to T&T's A-team in a match that meant nothing to the US as we already won the group and meant everything to T&T as they were fighting for their chances to make it to the next round of qualifying. The only regular starters we sent out were Pearce at left back and Beasley, who played out of position on the right side of midfield.

You're also ignoring the 3-0 beat down that we gave them earlier in qualifying when the match was actually meaningful.

2. Colonel Ronan

Colonel Ronan Continue...?

Control Center analyst
    You still lost.

3. Colonel Ronan

Colonel Ronan Continue...?

Control Center analyst
    Do Americans seriously think they're good at football now?

4. CelticKing

CelticKing The Green Monster

It's good to see some passion by the American fans here in the US but the team is not worth for playing in the World Cup. At least not the current team.

American players can't even make it to the top league teams in Europe, tells you how much talent the US has.

There's a lot of work to be done.

Mixx likes this.
  5. Mixx

Mixx JBB JustBBall Member

Construction
    This is in the Bundesliga, here is the kinda talent we have. Americans WILL NEVER be on our level in Talent, the oldest Bosnian there is only 26 years old.

Zvjezdan Misimovic >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Donovon (I mean by far) and both of them are Middle fielders hell even Sejad is better then Donovon and he is only 24 years old and leads the Bundesliga in assist and has 5 or 6 goals. Also Sejad was voted 2nd best free kick taker in the Bundesliga, Dieago was voted first. Again Americans will never dominate like this.

[​IMG]

CelticKing likes this.
  6. rocketeer

rocketeer Active Member

depends on what you mean by good. do you seriously think the US is terrible at soccer as celtic king and mixx would have you believe?

7. rocketeer

rocketeer Active Member

we definitely still lost, but when one team is sitting undefeated at the top of the group and has clinched qualification into the next round and the other team needs a win to give them hope of advancing and is playing at home, a loss there definitely is more understandable. every team in the world at some point has lost to a bad team.

8. Mixx

Construction
    Yeah but the thing is you guys are a bad team also haha. So too shit teams losing doesn't make another shit team better hahaah.

9. rocketeer

rocketeer Active Member

hahaah.

10. Mixx

Construction
    You like that one didn't you :D :biglaugh:

11. rocketeer

rocketeer Active Member

i'll just repeat myself.

why is it that people in europe can never have reasonable discussions about the US team?

12. Mixx

Construction
    Because the America is a joke in Football it's simple as that. I did have a reasonable discussion I pointed out facts how our players our better then your players simple as that, I even showed you facts how our players are dominating the 3rd best league in the World at the moment.

13. agoo

agoo Member

And my comment that started the argument was that Bosnia isn't making the World Cup. Nothing comparing them to the States, just saying that they're not going to beat Turkey or Belgium in the group.

14. Mixx

Construction
    That just shows the intelligence you have towards football. I can bet anything we will beat Turkey and Belgium, and I didn't see any argument. I just supported what CelticKing said if you guys played in Europe you would never qualify for the World Cup and that is the TRUTH so face it.

15. Claud

Claud Legendary

Full-time Student
    come on now guys, attack the post not the poster...
    And football is a global passion, just because you are European doesn't mean you know more than someone on another continent. Let's be real here.

16. Claud

Claud Legendary

Full-time Student
    FIFA rankings are crap IMHO. Don't use it as a measuring stick because it is unrealistic.
    I personally believe that the us team is a top 30 team in the world, that's why they've made it to the knockout rounds in world cups and even though they play in a weak zone, to me they've proved they can be top class in WCs, which is what matters. I'm not picking sides here, but I can't see to remember the last time Bosnia was in a wc. Which is only the best of the best in the world.

17. M Two One

M Two One Halló Veröld!

Student
    The FIFA ranking is crap alright and the USA is decent at best. Currently they are ranked 24th in the World, but in reality they should be between 40th and 45th. That's still good for them considering how many nations there are, but how can anyone ever put the USA over Denmark, Ecuador, Scotland or Sweden? That's just to name a few.

18. Claud

Claud Legendary

Full-time Student
    like I said before, FIFA rankings are crap.

19. rocketeer

rocketeer Active Member

i didn't mention the fifa rankings anywhere in any of my posts.

celtic king said that the US isn't in the top 50 national teams in the world. i just pointed out that it was completely ridiculous to say that.

there are 9 teams that i would consider in the international top tier. those would be brazil, argentina, italy, spain, germany, england, france, portugal, and the netherlands(i don't think i'm forgetting anyone).

after that there is a large group of teams i would rank pretty close together obviously depending on how they've played recently. that would include the 2nd tier european teams(croatia, sweden, greece, russia, etc), the 2nd tier south american teams, the top african teams, mexico, and the US. there are a few european teams(croatia, russia, and czech republic come to mind recently) would can jump above all of these teams for periods of time and join the top tier but not really do so consistently enough to actually be considered there. so i'd say that the US is a team that depending on their current play should be ranked as anywhere from 10th to the lower 30s.

mixx, the US got to the quarters of the world cup in 2002 without any international "stars". so i don't see your point in talking about how good the bosnian players are compared to the americans as if someone's goal scoring success in germany has any relevance.

no one was trying to start an argument about who had the better national team, the US or bosnia, but we can have that discussion if you'd like. the answer is the US and it's really pretty simple. bosnia isn't going to qualify for the world cup. bosnia was 4th in their qualifying group for euro 2008(with 4 wins, 1 tie, and 7 losses). they tied macedonia. they lost 3-0 to japan. they have never qualified for a major international tournament. i'm not sure what exactly you're bragging about here. you've got a guy who has scored a bunch of goals in germany. great. that's been really successful for the national team. you've scored 11 goals in wins over armenia and estonia. impressive. just like the 1 goal in two losses to turkey and spain.

and really the lack of respect you give the US is ridiculous. the US dominates mexico anywhere but mexico city in the smog. the US has played a lot of high level competition in friendlies and done very well there. they've also dominated their region and shown well in major competitions(quarters in 02 world cup, while the 06 world cup was a disappointment they did tie eventually champs italy playing 9 on 10 for the majority of the 2nd half, and showed well in the olympics though that doesn't exactly mean much). the only real mistake they made was sending a garbage team filled with almost entirely fringe national team players at best to the copa america to get embarrassed. of course, while doing that they sent the real team to the gold cup and won meaning they get the confederations cup this summer as a warm up for the 2010 world cup so that may not have been so bad.

20. rocketeer

rocketeer Active Member

it's not that hard to put the US at least on the same level as those teams if not above them. the US played both denmark and equador in 2007. the result was two 3-1 US wins. the US has played sweden twice since 2007. in a matchup of what would be considered close to full strength teams played in sweden, sweden came out ahead 1-0. in a matchup of what would be considered C teams played in the US 6 months later, the US came out on top 2-0.