Germany Gives up Subotic Pursuit

Discussion in 'Football Discussion' started by Claud, Nov 3, 2008.

1. CelticKing

CelticKing The Green Monster

You remember Yugoslavia right?

2. Mixx

Mixx JBB JustBBall Member

Construction

The game we lost to Japan our C and only 3 players from the B team played that is a true FACT. And did you guys also lose to Spain 1-0? But the goal Spain scored was clearly off-sides on us you can watch the video its try there. But hey we played them in Spain and PLUS Spain is ranked number 1 so yeah go figure. If you played Spain right now America would get CRUSH.

And I can tell you didn't watch the Bosnia vs. Turkey game in Turkey it should have been really 1-1 but Dzeko hit the ball and the ball went in the goal which that's own goal.

Also when we played Spain we dominated the first half and we could have scored BUT our inexperienced striker messed up and passed the ball backwards, he was one on one with Calliseas.

Also you are bragging about Belgium being so good well Belgium played Estonia and it was 3-2 Belgium? So what is your pointed and when we played Estonia it was 7-0. Also we scored 14 goals so far not 11.

3. Mixx

Construction
    Of and for your information guys its good the CelticKing say Jugoslavia. Because back in the days Jugoslavia was CONSIDER Brazil of Europe that is a TRUE FACT.

4. CelticKing

CelticKing The Green Monster

They were always in the mix to win it all, whether it be at Euro Cup or World Cup.

It's a shame they became little countries now, but even this way, they're all competing strongly. (especially Croatia now lol)

5. Claud

Claud Legendary

Full-time Student
    Yea I remember... How could I not? But I don't see how that is relevant in this discussion. All I said was that it's stupid to say that these two other teams are better and would kill the us team yet I don't think they've ever made it to a world cup? I know the us has an easier road but they have made it out of their groups and on knockout stages in a wc! I just don't See how you guys think Bosnia & Albania are better than the us national team.

6. rocketeer

rocketeer Active Member

you realize that yugoslavia is not the same as bosnia right?

7. rocketeer

rocketeer Active Member

the US played spain in spain and lost 1-0. if they played again, spain would likely win. spain is better than the US.

i was bragging about belgium being so good? when was that? i said that belgium is better than bosnia. of course even if bosnia were better, they definitely aren't as good as turkey and spain and there it is not very likely that bosnia will pass them and qualify for the world cup.

bosnia has scored 12 goals. 11 of which were against either estonia or armenia. which is what i was referring to.

8. Mixx

Construction
    You don't have to worry about Bosnia we will make it and you can count on that!

9. Claud

Claud Legendary

Full-time Student
    Good luck with that. :devilwink:

10. Mixx

Construction
    Then I will laugh at all of you that doubt Bosna. Expesally the Americans that don't know nothing about Football, I'm really starting to hate Americans they always have to put there nose in everything and they THINK they know what they are talking, you guys just fucking suck at Football so just let it go you will never ever be good.

11. rocketeer

rocketeer Active Member

right. i'm an american so that means i know nothing about a sport i've played and watched my entire life. you can't possibly be stupid enough to believe that.

12. Claud

Claud Legendary

Full-time Student
    Hey relax with the personal attacks man... Also, I do like some of the Bosnian players, however, I don't think that they are better than Spain, turkey and Belgium. Also you scored 11 goals against crap teams but haven't done nearly as good against quality teams.

13. Mixx

Construction
    I'm done, my country will prove you fools wrong when we play Belgium.

14. Claud

Claud Legendary

Full-time Student
    Belgium doesn't prove shit. Prove it against Spain and Turkey if you want to play in a world cup.

15. M Two One

M Two One Halló Veröld!

Student
    Belgium actually has the strongest youth in Europe right now, so beating them would definitely prove a lot for Bosnia and Herzegovina. Belgium will make the 2010 World Cup finals, which they often tend to do.

16. Colonel Ronan

Colonel Ronan Continue...?

Control Center analyst
    Mixx, you seriously need to find a way to get your point across without attacking the poster, and making yourself look like a child. All of your points are good ones, but when you act like that, it's hard to have an intelligent argument.

Now, the Americans are notorious for being fiercely patriotic, and hot-headed. The US National Team are by no means on the same level as Europes 1st and 2nd tier, Africa's 1st, and South America's 1st and 2nd. Take the 2006 World Cup for example, I know teams have changed since '06, but bare with me.

The USA's group was Ghana, Italy, and Czech Republic. Out of three games, the States managed to claim a point against Italy (good result, but in football, you get results that go against the odds). I can't believe that someone said USA is as good as Europe's 2nd tier teams (Poland, Czech, Croatia, Sweden, Greece, etc.) Tell me, who won the Euro Cup in 2004? Who held England to a 2-2 draw last World Cup? Who single handedly kicked England out of the 2008 Euros? For the USA, getting into the WC is not that much of a feat. Sure, they do face a few challanges here and there (Mexico), but it's pretty much a breeze.

As for Bosnia, I think you're still over-exaggerating their "greatness". Yes, they do have some amazing players, but that's not what makes a country good. Look at England, perfect example. Our national team has arguable some of the best players in the world, yet we under-achieve every game -- Until recently.

17. Claud

Claud Legendary

Full-time Student
    Are you being sarcastic M21? Belgium has the strongest youth in ALL of Europe??!! Belgium makes it to the WC Finals???????!!! I don't even think they'll make it to the WC! :devilwink:

18. Mixx

Construction

I'm just done mate, Edited. And the last game should have ended 1-1 but Edin Dzeko stuck his head out and the ball hit his head and it was an own goal simple and Turkey got the same goal in dying mins and that's it.

Unnecessary.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2008
  19. M Two One

M Two One Halló Veröld!

Student
    Everybody calm down now.

Mixx, please stop labeling people. I'm an American and you seem to respect my views. If someone doesn't agree with you about your nation making the World Cup finals, who cares? You have your confidence in your home nation and there are obviously other people in the World that share your views, but not everyone is going to agree. Make your voice heard to help people understand why you believe Bosnia and Herzegovina will make the World Cup finals, but don't insult them. In the end, that only makes people want to avoid the subject all together.

To everybody - this is a general view here so don't get offended because there is no targeted individual here. If you don't know what you're writing about (such as about a team, player or league, etc) then don't make any comments at all. There is no point in making a opinion on something you don't even know about or much about.

Football is about bringing individuals together and enjoying the beautiful game. That's the type of forum we want here.

20. M Two One

M Two One Halló Veröld!

Student
    Belgium has made it to 11 World Cup finals with their best showing finishing in fourth place once in 1986. Let's compare to Spain who have made 12 finals appearances and their best showing being fourth place once in 1950. Obviously Spain are the better nation at this time, but football changes. Belgium are one of the best nations in the World and have simply been in a slump the past two decades with only sub-par talent reaching the national team. Their young talent is far superior to any other nation's crop in Europe right now and the best Belgian team to date. Let's take a quick peak at some of their best talent right now.

Name: Moussa Dembélé
    Club: AZ Alkmaar
    Caps: 16 (4 goals)

Moussa is one of the best young forwards in the game today. Just tall enough to play as a center forward and versatile enough to play a deep-lying forward and three different midfield positions. He ran rings around Italy on several occasions with the most notable being his fantastic display at the 2008 Olympics in Beijing.

Name: Steven Defour
    Club: Standard Liège
    Caps: 16 (1 goal)

This young and incredible playmaking central midfielder has been a transfer target for several big market clubs since turning 17. He possesses amazing vision and surprising leadership qualities, which has what helped him earn captaincy for Standard at only 19, which he still remains. He is the youngest player ever to captain the club.

Name: Marouane Fellaini
    Club: Everton FC
    Caps: 12 (2 goals)

A tall defensive midfielder with a strong frame and great skill. Everton shelled out their highest amount of cash ever by paying Standard Liège an incredible £15m over the summer. They obviously see his talent and are also looking to purchase more of the young Belgians in the future. Until then, Fellaini gives them a defensive midfield threat and a central defensive backup to boot.

Last year he was noted as the best player of the year of African descent and please note that this includes great players like Samir Nasri and Karim Benzema! Since joining Everton, he has played a more restricted defensive role and yet has already scored 3 goals in 8 matches.

Name: Eden Hazard
    Club: Lille OSC
    Caps: 0 (has only been called up to the first team recently)

The Belgian wonderkid is an amazing player at only 17. I can't imagine him at 20 to be honest, he may be the best player in the World by then, no joke! Possessing incredible pace, he's known for being able to easily penetrate defenses and read strategies. Lille's former manager Claude Puel, who signed the youngster, had stated that this kid has the abilities of a skilled veteran and only needs time to shape his mentality. Not only is Eden fast and can dribble past defenders with his great creativity, he also is very skilled at free kicks and can take them from very long distances with great power and curve.

Other notable players include Kevin Mirallas (21-Saint Étienne), Axel Witsel (19-Standard Liège), Sébastien Pocognoli (21-AZ Alkmaar), Jan Vertonghen (21-Ajax) and of course Vincent Kompany (22-Manchester City). To everybody, if you're not familiar with most of these players I highly suggest to read more about them and the clubs that they currently play for. Belgian football with explode like it never has before and if not for World Cup 2010 then assured for Europe 2012.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2008