Gerrard Issues War Cry

Discussion in 'Liverpool FC' started by CelticKing, Nov 6, 2007.

1. CelticKing

CelticKing The Green Monster

<span class="titolo">Gerrard Issues War Cry</span></p>

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Liverpool are four points off second place as they head into tonight's clash, and must win in order to have any realistic hope of progressing to the knock-out stages.</p>
    <p class="article">Defeats to Marseille and Besiktas along witha draw against Porto mean that the Reds need a series of magical European nights, and skipper Steven Gerrard has urged his team to go on a rampage.</p>
    <p class="article">"We know we need a night like [against] Juventus, like Chelsea and like Olympiakos.</p>
    <p class="article">"That was probably the last time we found ourselves in a similar position.</p>
    <p class="article">"Our backs were against the wall and unfortunately that&rsquo;s where we are again &mdash; but we know we can do it.</p>
    <p class="article">"We have to give the fans something to get excited about and that&rsquo;s the aim when the referee blows his whistle."</p>
    <p class="article">"Tonight is hugely important and we have to make a fast start to rock Besiktas early," he continued."I said two weeks ago we face three cup finals and I haven&rsquo;t changed my position.</div></p>