Get this man some help

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by illmatic99, Dec 12, 2018.

1. blue9

blue9 Well-Known Member

Apples to oranges. At the time it was kind of a Jordan vs Clyde league. As in, our best player was rival to the best* player to ever play the game. As much as I like Dame - and I like him a whole lot more than Clyde - he's never going to be mentioned as rival to the best of his contemporaries, let alone the best* of all time.

Unless Dame becomes a problem, I'd much rather he stay here, never win a ring, and go down as our Reggie Miller/John Stockton. Of course I'd much rather he stay here, win a ring, and go down as our Tim Duncan...but I don't think that's gonna happen.

*2nd best - Sabas was the best.

2. Orion Bailey

Orion Bailey Forum Troll

I agree 100%.

I was looking at Clydes stats just now to see how he weas doling the years after we traded him and one thing caught my eye. His first season he only averaged 7pts per game on 17 minutes. the next year, 17 pts on 32 minutes.

upload_2018-12-13_12-43-54.png

Compare that to Zachs first two seasons thus far. 7 pts on 19 minutes his second season so far.

Not the same players I know, but the start is close. So for those who think that Zach wont be an all star because he didnt come out of the gate as such.... well, how do you respond to Clyde then?

upload_2018-12-13_12-45-28.png