Giants' Coughlin: 'Nobody saw' Tuck's injury coming

Discussion in 'New York Giants' started by truebluefan, Aug 9, 2013.

1. truebluefan

truebluefan Administrator Staff Member Administrator

While Justin Tuck sat out practice on Wednesday because of back tightness coach Tom Coughlin said he felt the veteran defensive end would return Thursday. But Tuck didn’t progress the way the Giants would have liked.

“He’s not quite as nifty and nimble as we had hoped” Coughlin said. “We’ll have to see [about playing in Saturday’s preseason opener]. I actually thought he would work [yesterday].”

Tuck missed his second straight practice and there’s at least more concern about the 30-year-old now than there was on Wednesday. Tuck did downplay the condition’s severity when he spoke to the media before practice saying he had improved since Wednesday and calling his ailment “nothing serious.”

“It’s just a little tightness” Tuck said. “I don’t think this is something that’s going to be much more of an issue after this week.”

Coughlin added Tuck has had an impressive camp and entered it in fine condition.

“Really nobody saw this coming” Coughlin said. “All of a sudden his back was stiff and tight.”

- See more at: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/giants/tuck_not_back_yet_viSBQ974iZR93RujwgwBDJ

2. cagedlion

cagedlion "I am the problem, and I am the solution."

every year for the last 5 years........................starts out the same way....
    injuries and more injuries. So. What the hell gives?

Are we again going to blame a mediocre year on injuries?

Last edited: Aug 9, 2013