Giants Getting What They Deserve

Discussion in 'New York Giants' started by vette322, Oct 6, 2013.

1. vette322

vette322 Member

The end to last season should have been a CLEAR sign that changes needed to be made and players needed to be let go, but inexplicably Fewell, Gilbride, and all the coaches were allowed to come back; players who clearly quit and have nothing left like Tuck, Webster, and Diehl found their way back on the team, and every obvious hole (OL, LB, CB) went largely ignored.

I've never thought any of the Maras really cared about winning (Wellington was a braindead moron), but hopefully this season will be the end of Reese, Coughlin, the entire coaching staff, and many of the players.

No need to hope for wins now - this team needs to go 1-15 and I hope they do, as that will be what needs to happen before substantive changes get made.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2013
  2. Messiah717

Messiah717 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

I can understand the frustration but the comments about Mara are silly. You can't tell me a franchise that has gone to five SBs and won four of them doesn't care about winning.

3. vette322

vette322 Member

Wellington was just an idiot son who took over for his father. The Giants were a joke for some 20 years before Rozelle stepped in and told Mara to hire George Young. You can't tell me that he cared about winning - the Giants of the late 60's and 70's were horrible every year. It was Young who turned the Giants of the 80's into an NFL team, and SB champion.

It wasn't until braindead Wellington was gone that the Giants turned it around again.

4. cagedlion

cagedlion "I am the problem, and I am the solution."