Gilbert Arenas interview

Discussion in 'Washington Wizards' started by BALLAHOLLIC, Oct 26, 2006.

1. BALLAHOLLIC

BALLAHOLLIC Member

On receiving his first paycheck: <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>I never look at my check. I learned that lesson my first year. I got my first stub, and it said $16,000. And I'm like, "That's what I'm talking about! I'm rich!" And I'm dancing and having fun, and then something told me to look over at Antawn Jamison's stub. It said $360,000. I look back at mine: sixteen. Three hundred and sixty thousand?! That's my whole year right there?in one check! So I asked Bobby Sura, "Man, how much you make?" Bobby Sura said, "Mine says $5 million. I get mine up front." I'm like, Whoa. I never looked again. Not once. Not even tried.</div>On wrestling with teammates: <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>We have a couple of players who are very aggressive, like Awvee Storey. You know, when you have aggressive people, they have to relieve some of that. And I'm one of those people. I don't care?I wrastle. Wrestling. Hurting. I'll bite, punch him in the side. I'll say, Look, you punch me in the stomach once, I'll punch you in the stomach once. We'll see who falls on the floor first. It's like: No punching in the face. No chest and ribs. We don't hurt each other. I mean, a couple of rug burns here or there. I remember one day, he laid on top of me and was pinching my nose so hard that it bruised. For two days, it was just burgundy. He was calling me Rudolph. Me and him, we can't be in the same room. Our personalities clash because he's a bully and I don't like being bullied by anybody.</div>On dietary habits: <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>On the road, I eat hamburgers every day. The team tries to get me to eat differently, but no. Burgers, burgers, burgers. I like burgers. McDonald's burgers. Wendy's burgers. Burger King burgers. There's this one place in Canada?I even look at the schedule to find out when we play there?best burger I've ever tasted. Real soft and sweet. I ate twelve of them in one night.</div>http://www.esquire.com/features/articles/2...06_Gilbert.html

2. BrewCityBuck

BrewCityBuck The guy with 17,000 Posts.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>I never look at my check. I learned that lesson my first year. I got my first stub, and it said $16,000. And I'm like, "That's what I'm talking about! I'm rich!" And I'm dancing and having fun, and then something told me to look over at Antawn Jamison's stub. It said $360,000. I look back at mine: sixteen. Three hundred and sixty thousand?! That's my whole year right there?in one check! So I asked Bobby Sura, "Man, how much you make?" Bobby Sura said, "Mine says $5 million. I get mine up front." I'm like, Whoa. I never looked again. Not once. Not even tried.</div> Isn't that unreal when you read about it? I mean..one paycheck...$360,000....wow....And Sura gets a $5 mil check...

3. Zards

Zards The People's Champ

Holy sh*t, 12 burgers in one night?! Damn.. Anyways, thanks for posting that, Balla. LMAO at your sig.

4. Ming637

Ming637 BBW Banned

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>William (Rockville): Gilbert, What was your other dream to become other than playing in the NBA? [​IMG]Gilbert Arenas: My other dream? Wow......hmmm.....that's a hard one. I wanted to work for McDonald's. I wanted to be one of the cookers, because I loved McDonald's fries.</div>http://www.nba.com/wizards/chat/arenas_cha...ipt_112105.htmlYep, he answered my question.