Gilbert Arenas

Discussion in 'Washington Wizards' started by Mamba, Jan 30, 2004.

1. Mamba

Mamba The King is Back Staff Member Global Moderator

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting franchise3:</div><div class="quote_post">Stack will look to get his starting spot back from Hughes once he returns, that's for sure. But what he can make of it will be a mystery. Arenas is not the answer for the Wiz at point guard though, it'll be best for both him and the Wizards to move him to shooting guard and start Blake at point guard once Stack retires.</div>

Stack is the SF, Hughes will stay at the SG.

2. Purple N Gold

Purple N Gold JBB JustBBall Member

Can't wait till Gilbert Arenas is back as well. When healthy, Arenas-Stackhouse are easily one of the best backcourts in the league. This will be an exciting duo, and even if their playoff hopes are out the window, it will still be a step foward. This team can really get somewhere in the future if they play their cards right.

EDIT: Missed your post QRich, so Hughes will still be the starting SG? Still, you guys get where I'm going with this. Hughes has also been a suprise, he has been a deadly scorer while Stack and Arenas were out, if he can continue to give the Wiz some scoring production, and Kwame Brown keeps up his consistentcy, Wizards surely be a contending team in the 2nd half. But the most important thing is staying healthy.

3. Ming637

Ming637 BBW Banned

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Q Rich3:</div><div class="quote_post">Stack is the SF, Hughes will stay at the SG.</div>

I thought Stack was a SG?

4. Purple N Gold

Purple N Gold JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Ming637:</div><div class="quote_post">I thought Stack was a SG?</div>

Well he is normally, and Hughes is doing so well that they can't just sit him on the bench. Hughes definetley cannot play foward.

5. Mamba

Mamba The King is Back Staff Member Global Moderator

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Purple N Gold:</div><div class="quote_post">Can't wait till Gilbert Arenas is back as well. When healthy, Arenas-Stackhouse are easily one of the best backcourts in the league. This will be an exciting duo, and even if their playoff hopes are out the window, it will still be a step foward. This team can really get somewhere in the future if they play their cards right.

EDIT: Missed your post QRich, so Hughes will still be the starting SG? Still, you guys get where I'm going with this. Hughes has also been a suprise, he has been a deadly scorer while Stack and Arenas were out, if he can continue to give the Wiz some scoring production, and Kwame Brown keeps up his consistentcy, Wizards surely be a contending team in the 2nd half. But the most important thing is staying healthy.</div>

Yes the lineup should look like this:
    PG-Arenas(who by the way looks promising for tomorrow night)/Blake/Knight
    SG-Hughes/Dixon/Hayes
    SF-Stackhouse/Hayes/Jeffries
    PF-Kwame/Jared Jeffries
    C-Haywood/Etan

6. philsmith75

philsmith75 JBB JustBBall Member

Arenas is a me first player and will continue to do so. Am I bitter? No. I am actually glad he left the GSW. His hustle only came on plays where he was trying to score. His T's? Look at them closely, they are always about drawing attention to him. He had this strange propensity to get a T in a close game while the other team was scoring 5 on 4 on the other end after Arenas did not get a call. The best PG the Wizards have is Blake. He's a try PG who tries to make those around him better by getting them the ball where they like it. Arenas needs to take lessons from Blake, but he never will. Hughes, another former GSW, I am happy to see him blossoming. He was always a great guy who tried hard out here and has a wonderful story about him and his family.