Gilbert Hits Another Game Winner

Discussion in 'Washington Wizards' started by Ming637, Mar 22, 2007.

1. Ming637

Ming637 BBW Banned

Off his left hand, at the buzzer for his 42nd point. [​IMG]

2. The Legend

The Legend Legend of JBB..

That was crazy, i just saw that. Wow, now he is even more dangerous, they have to watch him for the drive for the game winner.

3. Mamba

Mamba The King is Back Staff Member Global Moderator

HIBACHI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice shot.

4. .real

.real JBB JustBBall Member

Gilbert has been phenomenal this season, no surprise that he hit another one.

5. huevonkiller

huevonkiller Change (Deftones)

Student.
    <div class="quote_poster">.real Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Gilbert has been phenomenal this season, no surprise that he hit another one.</div>

Well he had been in somewhat of a slump (e.g. Portland). Congrats on the breakout game though.

6. Mr. J

Mr. J Triple Up

May someone post a video of it?

7. Ming637

Ming637 BBW Banned

Invalid Video Link

8. Legacy

Legacy Beast

How clutch is this guy? I mean holy crap, how many game winners has he had this season. [​IMG]

9. huevonkiller

Student.
    <div class="quote_poster">Carter Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">How clutch is this guy? I mean holy crap, how many game winners has he had this season. [​IMG]</div>

Wait though, he had been in a sort of funk the last few games until yesterday (I believe he missed at least 2 game winners too). His PER has dropped off a point as well.

10. Legacy

Legacy Beast

<div class="quote_poster">huevonkiller Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Wait though, he had been in a sort of funk the last few games until yesterday (I believe he missed at least 2 game winners too). His PER has dropped off a point as well.</div>

Yeah, he was in a bit of a slump, but what a way to get out of it.

11. Ming637

Ming637 BBW Banned

<div class="quote_poster">huevonkiller Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Wait though, he had been in a sort of funk the last few games until yesterday (I believe he missed at least 2 game winners too). His PER has dropped off a point as well.</div>

The only game winner I remember him missing was Tuesday's against the Blazers. Gilbert's "funk" was during when Jamison was injured but since then the Hibachi has been back. He had 30 against the Hornets, 35 against the Pacers, and 33 against the Heat before that Tuesday night loss against the Blazers.

12. Mr. J

Mr. J Triple Up

<div class="quote_poster">Will637 Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Off his left hand, at the buzzer for his 42nd point. [​IMG]</div>
    It wasn't with his left hand.

Nice shot by Gilbert though.

13. Ming637

Ming637 BBW Banned

<div class="quote_poster">MrJ Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">It wasn't with his left hand.

Nice shot by Gilbert though.</div>

Yeah, I realized that the second time I saw it, but I thought it was off his left hand when I saw it live the first time.

14. og15

og15 JBB *********

No, no, he wasn't he had 3 30 point games before the Portland game. The funk he had was actually due to his shoulder. He injured it before, and he said something wasn't in right, the trainer helped him adjust it, and since then he's been shooting well.

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">I spoke with Gilbert Arenas earlier today and he said he's "figured it out." He was speaking of course, about his recent bad stretch of shooting. Gilbert has periodically talked about a sore right shoulder and today, he met with one of the team doctors who, according Gilbert, discovered a problem with his right clavicle.

"He said it was pushed in and that' s why I didn't have my normal range of motion," Arenas said. "So he messed around with it, popped something back into place and now I feel a lot better." </div>
    http://blog.washingtonpost.com/wizardsinsi...r.html#comments

Since that day he's been shooting better, so...

I also heard that Gilbert actually asked for time off when he first hurt his shoulder before the ASB, but EJ said no that he'd just have to play through it.

15. huevonkiller

Student.
    <div class="quote_poster">og15 Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">No, no, he wasn't he had 3 30 point games before the Portland game. The funk he had was actually due to his shoulder. He injured it before, and he said something wasn't in right, the trainer helped him adjust it, and since then he's been shooting well.</div>

No, I just wanted to point out that he had missed a couple of game winners recently; and through March 7-11, they had lost three close games.

16. og15

og15 JBB *********

Haslem hit a game winner at Miami with no time left, okay, I think 0.3 seconds left, and before that Arenas hit three FT's to tie the game. Francis hit a game winning leaning three pointer at New York with no time left. There was no game winning shot oppurtunity against Atlanta.

17. huevonkiller

Student.
    <div class="quote_poster">og15 Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Haslem hit a game winner at Miami with no time left, okay, I think 0.3 seconds left, and before that Arenas hit three FT's to tie the game. Francis hit a game winning leaning three pointer at New York with no time left. There was no game winning shot oppurtunity against Atlanta.</div>

Yeah Gil's done overall what he can, but the Portland games have been a definite disappointment. Though my overall point is that his production has trailed off in this latter half of the season; don't get confused, I still love the guy.

18. og15

og15 JBB *********

He definately did not produce as well in February, but he's picking it back up excluding the Porltand game, but even then he had double digit assists in that game, so that's good at least.

19. Mr. J

Mr. J Triple Up

<div class="quote_poster">og15 Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Haslem hit a game winner at Miami with no time left, okay, I think 0.3 seconds left, and before that Arenas hit three FT's to tie the game. Francis hit a game winning leaning three pointer at New York with no time left. There was no game winning shot oppurtunity against Atlanta.</div>
    Not to be pedantic, but it was against the Wizards. [​IMG]

20. og15

og15 JBB *********

Okay, well all I know is Francis hit a game winning three against the Wizards with no time left, maybe it wasn't the leaning one though, but it was an awkward kinda shot three, he was contested decently well.