Gimme One More!

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by The Walrus, Jun 7, 2007.

1. The Walrus

The Walrus JBB JustBBall Member

Blazers Seek Another Pick
    <div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Jun 7 - The Oregonian has learned that Kevin Pritchard is plotting to land another first-round pick through a trade on or before the day of the draft (June 28).
    That pick probably would be in the mid- to late first round, but sources say that Pritchard has been flirting with teams in the top 10 as well as listening to offers from other teams.

A potential target for the Blazers could be Florida State's Al Thornton, a 6-foot-8 forward expected to be a top-10 pick.

The Blazers have tentative plans to work out first-round prospect Nick Young, a guard from USC, on June 25, and more secure plans to look at another first-round talent, Javaris Crittenton, a 6-5 guard from Georgia Tech, on June 26. -- The Oregonian </div>

<div align="center">[​IMG]

2. hapnnsas

hapnnsas JBB JustBBall Member

Believe me, I would love Al Thornton. The only thing that has me worried is that the contracts of Sergio, Brandon, Lamarcus, Greg, and him would all be up with in 2 years of eachother, maybe 3. I mean we got Paul Allen, but he doesn't wanna fork out THAT much money if they all develop on the track they are.

3. rafy

rafy JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">hapnnsas Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Believe me, I would love Al Thornton. The only thing that has me worried is that the contracts of Sergio, Brandon, Lamarcus, Greg, and him would all be up with in 2 years of eachother, maybe 3. I mean we got Paul Allen, but he doesn't wanna fork out THAT much money if they all develop on the track they are.</div>

That is definitely a problem I'm glad we might have.

4. The_Future

The_Future JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">hapnnsas Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Believe me, I would love Al Thornton. The only thing that has me worried is that the contracts of Sergio, Brandon, Lamarcus, Greg, and him would all be up with in 2 years of eachother, maybe 3. I mean we got Paul Allen, but he doesn't wanna fork out THAT much money if they all develop on the track they are.</div>

Allen will dish out the money, especially if this team takes huge strides in making an NBA Championship run within 2-3 years. If Allen will pay for useless players such as Miles, Pryzbilla and Derek Anderson, he'll pay for all-stars like those guys.

5. Benvedis

Benvedis JBB JustBBall Member

let's not forget that Allen is the same person who overpaid players like Kemp, Stoudamire, van exel, Lafrentz, Pryzbilla, Miles, and Rider. He'd Love to pay the salaries of great players finally. If we paid top dollar to Roy, Aldridge, Oden, Sergio, and Thornton (if we were lucky enough to land him and Oden) we could fill the roster with a bunch of small contracts for average role players. The starting lineup would have alot of stamina and would be able to play a long time; as long as they dont have foul problems (I'm talkin to you Oden).

6. hapnnsas

hapnnsas JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Benvedis Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">let's not forget that Allen is the same person who overpaid players like Kemp, Stoudamire, van exel, Lafrentz, Pryzbilla, Miles, and Rider. </div>

Paul Allen didn't necessarily overpay LaFrentz and Van Exel, but Mark Cuban did. Paul just took on their salaries.

I'd love to see us SPAM on great players like Roy, Aldridge, and Oden rather than people like Miles, Derek Anderson, and Shawn Kemp. I mean before last season we thought it was too little too late and the team was gonna be sold. Paul is gonna think twice about dishing out his millions nowadays, so his wallet may be harder to get a hold of.

However, I think if we're butting at the Larry O'Brien, or at least showing strides in the playoffs, Paul would throw down the big bills.