girardi makes 5 million dollars a year

Discussion in 'New York Yankees' started by Pastafazul, Aug 21, 2014.

1. totus44

totus44 Lord of the Dark Side

Sorry Pasta have to disagree with the last post. If I'm mgmt, I'm paying Joe to manage my brand and protect shareholder value. Some years thats get in the playoffs and go as far as you can go. Some years its just don't be an embarrassment. They know the aging players and long/big contracts were gonna hurt at some point. They knew a tread water period was coming. The manager is the guy out front making it look palatable to the fan base.

Guess you didn't get the memo....

2. Rick2583

Rick2583 Chairman of the board

A while back in one of the NY newspapers they had an article called WWGD (What would George do) And they listed 5 things, 3 of the things was firing, Cashman, Long & Girardi. And that probably is what he'd do simply because that was George's way. Personally I'd agree on Cashman (that's a given) I also may agree with Long simply because with all these low batting averages I really can't see where he's actually helped anyone. Now Girardi, I think if I were George I'd give him one more season with a healthy team to get results. JMO.

3. totus44

Which George? Billy Martin George or Joe Torre George?

Juniors need to find their Gene Michael and get the fuck out of his way.

4. yankeesince59

yankeesince59 "Oh Captain, my Captain".

...don't presume to know anything about me...because you don't.

5. yankeesince59

yankeesince59 "Oh Captain, my Captain".

...you really don't think at all before posting, do you?...I'm surprised your fingers don't explode while typing.

6. Mattingly23NY

Mattingly23NY Turning Fastballs Into Souveneir's ~

Ret. Quality OPS/Engr. Mgr.

Perhaps Boy George, remember that sick fk....

Nice point Tom- (thread #41).....

and a word to the annihlists....Yep, I've indeed seen 59 catch lightning in a bottle....not fkn fire flies.

Damned it why is this shit going on, as Ron said, more or less, how do you know what organized baseball he played?

I bet you didn't know I DID pitch against 3 Mexican League Teams, in Tucson in 77, a No-No and Perfect fkn game, in but 10 games hurled. Blew my effing arm out too, not once 3 times, just when the old Tucson Toro's handed me an invitation to red shirt more or less. Never fkng mind, you'd never believe it......!!!!

7. Mattingly23NY

I'm fkng out of here, before I get banned.....CYA, manana, maybe, maybe not.....

8. Pastafazul

Pastafazul Banned User BANNED

thats bologna totus, you're payiny him to get to PS , where the money is at all cost!

tex comes back from injury plays 2 games in a row and gets rest on 3rd, they wouldn't do that to a star player at any level! pineda pitchin a gem, takes him out in 5th, seriously? and with a 2 hundred million dollar payroll you should be atleast makin PS every year regardless of anything barring a lockout!

9. Pastafazul

not surprised at all that this had to get personal, y is it that you can't stick to the topic?

2 things about the game, coaches strategy and players execution... both her are at fault but somehow some of you think its all on the players....

10. totus44

No front office expects post season every year, that's the territory of fanatics.

11. Pastafazul

watching game today in same inning 2 guys run into outs, high fivin 1 another after it like a 3 run means game over ...... and none of this has anything to do with mgmt

12. Pastafazul

NOPE, they ain't doin it now with solid pitching! those guys got us to PS no doubt, but it was aroid on em who got it done

13. Pastafazul

cashman and long should never be discussed, its not cashman's team or his money, he is told who to go after and it ain't his fault if a stud player feels the yankees ain't winning it all and goes elsewhere, and as far as long, PLEASE!!!

14. Pastafazul

no 1 is begrudging his salary, but he does make more then most, so again what makes him different from those that don't?

15. Pastafazul

and i hope the jeter bashers were lisening closely today, kay asked torre who was his best player, and b4 it was asked kay said u don't have to answer this question, b4 he finished torre answered without hesitation #2 , and he said not because he was the most taleneted, but because his WILL!

16. Pastafazul

how can you bench any player when he does that every few games? and where do i suggest benching anyone anywhere? its how he treats the players, and what they give back in return is my biggest problem with joe, and i believe it is why the team is in the position they are in! his loyalty pays him what? his babayin players gives us fans what? i take my family to see a game, spend an easy grand ,and who's not playing, #2 u can't make this schitt up! LOL

17. Pastafazul

#2 says if you don't win a championship every year season, is a failure, is he a fanantic?

18. Mattingly23NY

Geezus moon walking Christ. Every one here knows the Yanx players and Brass have always measured success, by World Series Rings....!!!!!!

Does that mean ever effing year the TEAM, any Team in any sport, is supposed to go to ever flipping Post Season evey forking year. Hell no, does that criteria, mean a non-post season is a total bust, NOT WITH, what I lost count at 48 Roster Players, Gerardi has to use. If you can't do a better job, or are not considered for Joe's Job, literally, then please stop playing arm chair Mgr., wannabe....

Nothing worse Pasta, than a complaining arm chair QB or Mgr.

When you do get a shot/interview for Gerardi's job, let me know....!!!

Last edited: Aug 23, 2014
  19. Mattingly23NY

As if RE2PECT can win a W.S. all by himself....LMAO....

Flipper, every one knows #2 was always Joe's favorite player, other than of course, he speaks highly of O'Neill, MO, even Coney....in his book- "The Yankee Years" don't tell me you read it or you'd already know as much, and not continuously berating, any Mgr. of any Team. Or telling us what has been public knowledge for a decade+++....

Don't tell me you've read his book, or you wouldn't be saying the shit your preaching about. Come down off that High Horse Please. Is that Horse high cuz of Cannabis over-usage....I think that horse has been eating Trainwreck, not Hay....give me a effing break....PLEASE....!!!

20. Mattingly23NY

So what then tie Tex to The Whipping Post????

This aint' Statesboro Blues, its Yanx Blue......:lol:

Do you measure you own success or failures by the fact, your past is Passed????

I suppose then your otherwise not qualified to Manage, hell even play in MLB, is that it, anger issues?