Go Dallas

Discussion in 'New York Rangers' started by kreidertime, Apr 21, 2019.

1. kreidertime

kreidertime Well-Known Member

One more win and we look good to get another first rounder.

2. RangersFan

RangersFan Well-Known Member

Yes, go Dallas, finish this off at home in game 6.

The Jets pick can now be no worse than 20th. Reasonable shot we add a 3rd first round pick from the Stars, 28-31, better than the 50th or so pick it would have been in the 2nd round.

Let's step back and say wow what an amazing job Gorton has done. We could have 8 first round picks over the past 3 drafts (including the upcoming draft), which would be a record, and we still have a 2nd round pick from TB as well this year, and worst case a 3rd next year from Dallas. Awesome deal with Boston for Nash. Great deal with the Devs for Grabner. I love the Arizona deal where we dumped Stepan. Looks like worst case a solid deal with TB for McDonagh and Miller (McDonagh not what he was and Miller still invisible in big games). An absolute steal for Hayes, who did nothing for the Jets and now will bolt (we got a top 20 pick AND Lemieux). And a great deal with the Stars for Zucc. Reasonable chance we get a 1st round pick now AND they love Zucc down there (leading them in scoring in round 2), so he could re-sign giving us two 1st round picks for Zucc (and if he doesn't re-sign there maybe we re-sign him).

Gorton has done an amazing job stockpiling assets. And with Kakko on board, and cap space to make some smart signings this summer (or trades), I think we'll be a fringe playoff team next season, with a great chance we are back as a very good team in 2 years.

Great stuff Gorton.

Last edited: May 4, 2019
  3. kreidertime

I know. They might resign him. That would be absurd. Gorton is a magician. Lou on the other hand is a senile fool. He's sucked for years. He's lucky he hired that coach because it's the only good move he's done in years. Sadly, Hank won't be here when this team challenges for the cup for a decade.

4. kreidertime

Morons. Fucked that game up

5. RangersFan

Not ready to play at all. Hopefully they use that as motivation in game 7. Had to be embarrassed with game 6's effort.

I am hoping for at least one more game 7 out of tonight. That would be fun to watch. I kind of think CBJ has the better shot to win and extend tonight. We'll see.

6. RangersFan

Well, we have two game 7's, both with Rangers impact.

If Dallas wins we get their 1st rounder, 28-31, instead of their 2nd rounder, 50th +/-.
    If the Avs win we get pick 19 in round 1 from the Jets. If the Sharks win we get pick 20 in round 1 from the Jets.

Go Stars. Go Avs.

7. Greyvtrayn

Greyvtrayn Well-Known Member

That would be amazing! Tough to be very optimistic but you never know.

8. Ranger71

Ranger71 Well-Known Member

Series went about as far as you can just as predicted. #48 vs. #29 isn't a huge deal imo in terms of players, moreso in trade value to move up. I do think we have a solid shot at Zucc re-signing there which would be big. Hopefully the Avs can knock off SJ and bump us up to #19 for WPG pick, plus ensure I'll have someone to root for in the SCF.

9. kreidertime

Yep. That sucked. Oh well.

10. Greyvtrayn

Greyvtrayn Well-Known Member

Did not work out in the Rangers favor but Pat Maroon is a good all around dude, happy for him.