Gonna put it out there: LMA WILL STAY.

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Strenuus, Apr 22, 2015.

1. Strenuus

Strenuus Global Moderator Staff Member Global Moderator

As of 1:36 PM on May 19th, 2015... I still feel 100% convinced that LMA will stay.

magnifier661 and HailBlazers like this.
  2. oldmangrouch

oldmangrouch persona non grata

The NBA fixed the lotto to make the Lakers a more desirable destination. Who do you think the target is if not LMA?

3. EL PRESIDENTE

EL PRESIDENTE Username Retired in Honor of Lanny.

Lakers likely picking a big, less likely that Aldridge will go there now. Not out of the picture, but it probably isn't the focus.

4. PDXFonz

PDXFonz I’m listening

Lebron James

5. stampedehero

stampedehero Make Your Day, a Doobies Day Staff Member Moderator

Part Time Building Inspector
    Vinnie the pinch in Las Vegas wants to meet you

6. PtldPlatypus

PtldPlatypus Let's go Baby Blazers! Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

Kevin Love. Westbrook will join him there in a year, to take over after Kobe retires. The Bruins will reunite, forming a big three with Jahlil Okafor (a name autocorrect changes to Kahlua Plague, incidentally), beginning the next Laker dynasty.

It is written.

7. PDXFonz

PDXFonz I’m listening

Lebron and Kobe playing together on the same team.

8. Tunchi

Tunchi Well-Known Member

I was actually pretty firm that LMA would stay but for some odd reason the closer and closer we get to free agency I have a feeling he's gone.

It's just the vibe nationally, locally on radio, even here in this site that's it's almost a foregone conclusion he's out. The talk is pretty much set around the post LMA era and who to target and what not.

I just believe where there's smoke there's fire. It's just too much sources confirming he's most likely out. When this happened with Dwight, it came true, when it happened with Love, it came true, Lebron leaving Cleveland, it came true and this has that same exact vibe with LMA..

9. BonesJones

BonesJones https://www.youtube.com/c/blazersuprise

Most of these "sources" also claim the Spurs can keep everyone and just trade Splitter for crumbs and sign Aldridge..
    Heres something explaining the SA situation correctly: http://www.poundingtherock.com/2015...an-sign-lamarcus-aldridge-while-also-bringing

So where that is he gonna go? If he goes to Dallas they will have no PG or C. And if Ellis opts out they would likely have to lose him too. I don't see LA going home just to go home to a lottery team.

I don't see him going to a losing franchise with the one of the most ball dominant, overpaid players in the league (Knicks, Lakers)... Where else would he go? No where. So don't trust the "sources" because there was also "sources" talking about how Wes and LA would both go to Boston even though the cap makes it impossible...

Last edited: May 20, 2015
  10. oldmangrouch

LMA could end the debate with one statement. He has studiously avoided doing so. Tough not to connect the dots.

11. Tunchi

Tunchi Well-Known Member

He can easily sign for one year with the Spurs on a reduced deal and just sign for the max next year with them since they'll have his bird rights they can give him the most.. There's not ONE article recently indicating LMA is even remotely staying from "sources" it's not looking good is all I'm saying.

Most likely the guy is outta here he just doesn't give u the vibe he wants to be here and thats fine he never seemed genuinely happy here anyways. He always made it pretty clear the situation needed to BE PERFECT and all sorts of stars aligning in the universe for him to stay.

12. BonesJones

You realize you have to pay somewhere for 3 years to get bird rights... Right? So they couldn't go over the cap to sign him next year and after extending Kawhi and Green they won't have enough room. And the "stars would have to align" for them to even have over $15M in cap this summer while keeping their key guys. He's really gonna pass up that much money for that? Wrong. You have no clue...

13. SlyPokerDog

SlyPokerDog Woof! Staff Member Administrator

No he hasn't.

Previously he as said he didn't want to go through a 3rd rebuild. If that was the direction the franchise was going to go in he would rather be traded.

LMA has never said anything about it has to "BE PERFECT" for him to stay in Portland.

dviss1, Rhal and BonesJones like this.
  14. BonesJones

He wouldn't do that because he "wants to be wanted" and because he's gonna enjoy finally having national attention on him.

15. Strenuus

Sounds like your hope is to have something to complain about. Par for the course.

HailBlazers likes this.
  16. noknobs

noknobs Well-Known Member

Enlightening, thanks for posting.

You're right, he could, and selfishly I wish he would. But if you were him, one of the ten best players in the world and for the first time in your career you're a free agent, why shut any doors before you have to? You've got to at least look around. Hopefully he'll weight his choices and decide to stay.

dviss1 and BonesJones like this.
  17. Strenuus

Logic befalls some people in this lust for instant gratification society some think we need to live in and by.

18. oldmangrouch

Aren't you just a ray of sunshine. Always nice to see our mods show respect to other poster's opinions and feelings. :smiley-klap1: If by "lust for instant gratification" you mean "not enthusiastic for yet another rebuild", you have me cold.

19. SlyPokerDog

SlyPokerDog Woof! Staff Member Administrator

I think you have nice legs.

20. Pinwheel1

Pinwheel1 Well-Known Member

The one thing I was not clear on from reading that article was how much money the Spurs would have if they traded Splitter for cap space AND renounced the rights to Gianobli. (or if he retired) The article was based on keeping the " big 4" and signing LA. But Manu looked really old during the playoffs and his cap hold was 10 million. If I were SA I would let him go, or better yet tell him to take the first 3 months of the season off, work as an assistant coach, and if he wanted to play after the trade deadline....add him for the minimum.

Is any other team really going to give him 5-7 million?