Gonna put it out there: LMA WILL STAY.

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Strenuus, Apr 22, 2015.

1. Blazinaway

Blazinaway Well-Known Member

so if it's "utter confusion" does a lot of blame then fall on Stotts?

2. magnifier661

magnifier661 B-A-N-A-N-A-S!

Cracking fools in the skull
    I'm sorry but he would get a max contract from any team in the league that wants him. Sacrificing injury to prove he will play through pain doesn't add value since the value was already there.

Secondly, he publicly said he wants to retire here and be the best blazer ever. That's not something a player than wants out would ever say.

Thirdly, it's Quick, Clonfucktard and his henchwoman posting the rumors. Hardly credible sources if you ask me

3. magnifier661

Excuses excuses

4. KeepOnRollin

KeepOnRollin Well-Known Member

Yes.... Maybe not enough to can him though.

5. MarAzul

MarAzul LongShip

Life is good!
    I don't know either. But I am beginning to think he will let him go if Neil doesn't have a way to convince Paul that Blazers will be strong contenders next season. One max play is not very useful on a team that has no chance. We may have so figgin many draft picks... Oh geez, I hate that.

6. HailBlazers

HailBlazers RipCity

If the Blazers are healthy there is no convincing needed

7. OneLifeToLive

OneLifeToLive Well-Known Member

The last thing I want to see is another rebuild. We haven't seen the depths of the playoffs in years.

8. PCmor7

PCmor7 Generational Poster

Saying this for years
    But playing through it might make more teams want him.

Really? I've known a lot of players and coaches to say that or something along those lines. When you are playing for a contender with a chance at a title, why on earth would you say you don't want to be there, especially when you can pick a new home in a few months?

I don't know that it's just them. Maybe you know LA and know some of the Blazers and have more insight into what LA is thinking than I do. I'm just saying there are a number of reasons why he would have passed up the surgery that have nothing to do with a commitment to the Blazer organization. I haven't seen anything other than hope and speculation to contradict that.

9. magnifier661

Him and Gasol Have been the big prize with or without playing through injury.

Or not... The fact is, he said he wanted to stay at the beginning of the season. Only hack writers have publicly said otherwise.

If a murderer says "I did it" does a court say "well maybe you are blowing smoke up our ass so we are gonna let you go". The only "otherwise" comments being made is from hack beat writers that have a long history for stirring shit up. Aldridge has been pretty straight forward throughout his career. So his word means more than tongue and cheek based on his history.

10. stampedehero

stampedehero Make Your Day, a Doobies Day Staff Member Moderator

Part Time Building Inspector
    +>I like your opinion. It is positive. LMA's reality starts when the 2016 season starts.

11. stampedehero

stampedehero Make Your Day, a Doobies Day Staff Member Moderator

Part Time Building Inspector
    +> Its crazy what those energy drinks can do.

12. PCmor7

Saying this for years
    I'm going to say this one more time, because you don't seem to be understanding it or you are willfully ignoring it: You cannot cite LA's decision not to get surgery as proof that he is fully committed to Portland. There are a number of reasons why he'd have passed on surgery that have nothing to do with this city, its fans or the organization, many of which are totally in his own self-interest. And there are plenty of athletes and coaches that say one thing and end up doing another -- some just to put off controversy and others because that's what they thought at the time but eventually changed their minds.

I get it. You want him to stay. So do I. But you are being blind to the realities here. We don't know what he is really thinking, and there are reasons he might want to and could leave. I could see him staying, too, but I am not going to ignore facts and reasoning contrary to my wishes just to convince myself that he's going to stay.

13. TheMadHatter

TheMadHatter Member

If LMA leaves with only one true healthy LMA/dame era squad (last year) then that tells me he never really was willing to give it a shot

Look at Marc Gasol his team is out every year in the playoffs, Zbo is getting old, Tony allan getting old, how come nobody says Marc is out rumors?

14. PCmor7

Saying this for years
    Maybe it just seems that way because we are Blazers fans and look for Blazer news and not Grizzlies news.

15. maxiep

maxiep RIP Dr. Jack

Merchant Banker
    The idea we haven't built a winning formula here is crazy. This team was 30-8 before the injuries. THIRTY and eight. That's almost a 65 win team.

And to that mix, we took some of our bench scraps and got a legit sixth man swing player in Afflalo. Bottom line, we bring everyone back, this team is a contender next year, more than any other team LA could move to.

Extra year, most money, gathering team records, best chance of winning. He also has a young star who will only get better as he gets older (see Parker and Duncan). Unless there's something going on behind the scenes I don't know about--which certainly could be the case--then there's no reason for him to leave.

TheMadHatter, BBert and magnifier661 like this.
  16. PCmor7

Saying this for years
    There are a lot of reasons to stay, I agree. I'd hope he'd look at Carmelo Anthony's situation or maybe Dwight Howard with the Lakers long and hard before he jumped at leaving the Blazers. But, it's LA's thoughts and feelings that matter, not ours. Like they say, the grass is always greener. He could leave because maybe he just doesn't like the city, maybe he wants to be somewhere he'd perceive as more exciting or somewhere that is more like his home. Who knows?

17. oldmangrouch

oldmangrouch persona non grata

There is a great deal of truth in what you are saying. I'm really not concerned at the idea of him leaving for somebody like the Knicks or Lakers.

There is one scenario that worries me: Texas kid gets to go home to play for the best coach in the league and join Tim Duncan for one last title run. That would have to be real tempting.

18. riverman

riverman Writing Team

I want LA to stay here but that's just me wanting him to be a career Blazer. He'll make his own decisions. I don't see any benefit to him giving up his alpha male situation in Portland to be a role player elsewhere. The thing about this Blazer squad is that they actually like each other. I don't think playing with Melo or Rondo is going to get him closer to a ring and I don't think San Antonio is going to keep up their run going forward. Too many positives financially and culturally here for LA. He doesn't strike me as a restless guy and I think he has a solid relationship with the front office here as well as his teammates. Watching what happened to Wes, Oden and Roy has to make him aware of what an injury could do to his pocketbook down the road and he'll get max pay here and security as he approaches his mid 30's

BlazerCaravan likes this.
  19. Strenuus

Strenuus Global Moderator Staff Member Global Moderator

Perhaps because they don't have douchebag news writers like *uick and C*nzano.

BlazerCaravan and magnifier661 like this.
  20. magnifier661

Yet you find stock in hack beat writers that base their opinion he wants to leave because he didn't renew his lease to his home 2 years ago?

Yes, he could change his mind, but saying he wanted to say completely blew out the original statement that he never had interest in Portland earlier in this thread. The "playing through injury" would lean more towards dedication to the team than wanting to showcase himself to the rest of the league. End of story.

Of course he could leave, but nothing he has said or done publicly has given me reason to think that.