Got to love this quote

Discussion in 'AFC North' started by Pats37, Jan 12, 2006.

1. Pats37

Pats37 The Next Big Thing

Joey Porter quote of the day about the colts saying they beat the steelers physically the last time they met..

"Now that you said they outhit us, that's giving me a little more extra motivation to make sure I put on my big boy pads and make sure we do some hitting out there."

man as much as I hate porter you got to love that quote.

2. Bearsfan1

Bearsfan1 2 Time Defending FF Champion

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Pats37)</div><div class='quotemain'>Joey Porter quote of the day about the colts saying they beat the steelers physically the last time they met..

"Now that you said they outhit us, that's giving me a little more extra motivation to make sure I put on my big boy pads and make sure we do some hitting out there."

man as much as I hate porter you got to love that quote.</div>
    I thought the funnier part was when he was saying the colts were soft cuz they ran vs steelers when they were in nickel, and threw on them when they were up to stop the run. Sounds to me like they were outcoached, not outhit.

3. Pats37

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BearsFan1)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Pats37)</div><div class='quotemain'>Joey Porter quote of the day about the colts saying they beat the steelers physically the last time they met..

man as much as I hate porter you got to love that quote.</div>
    I thought the funnier part was when he was saying the colts were soft cuz they ran vs steelers when they were in nickel, and threw on them when they were up to stop the run. Sounds to me like they were outcoached, not outhit.</div>
    Ya that was just him being sore that they just beat, which is typical Joey Porter over the years but I couldn't stop laughing at the "Big Boy" pads.

4. Steelerfan_2005

Steelerfan_2005 The Peacekeeper XL

The Colts may be the destined team here, but I still can't get past the fact that we didn't have our full team the first time we played. The only touchdowns Indy scored last time were the long bomb on the first pass of the game and from a short field after a stupid onside kick. When the Colts had to go the length of the field they always fell short. The game wasn't as lopsided as it appeared. Most people wouldn't see that because of the way the game has been publicized.

Ben is healthy and Marvel Smith is playing. Not to mention we're hot, on a roll, and they're "rested". It will be a better game than last time. Take the Steelers and the 10 points. Or even better take the Steelers to win outright.

Porter needs to shut up. It's a funny quote, but he's been hit or miss all season. He's gotten his sacks in bunches, and has not been consistent enough to talk smack. Polamalu is the only one that has a right to talk. His play has been All-pro all season long.

5. Pats37

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Steelerfan_2005)</div><div class='quotemain'>The Colts may be the destined team here, but I still can't get past the fact that we didn't have our full team the first time we played. The only touchdowns Indy scored last time were the long bomb on the first pass of the game and from a short field after a stupid onside kick. When the Colts had to go the length of the field they always fell short. The game wasn't as lopsided as it appeared. Most people wouldn't see that because of the way the game has been publicized.

Ben is healthy and Marvel Smith is playing. Not to mention we're hot, on a roll, and they're "rested". It will be a better game than last time. Take the Steelers and the 10 points. Or even better take the Steelers to win outright.

Porter needs to shut up. It's a funny quote, but he's been hit or miss all season. He's gotten his sacks in bunches, and has not been consistent enough to talk smack. Polamalu is the only one that has a right to talk. His play has been All-pro all season long.</div>
    I'm not doubting that game could have been closer or the injuries that players were just coming back from or missing the game because of..I just love how every year (in the playoffs) Porter seems to open his mouth and it seems like everytime he does he dissapears come gametime and his team ends up paying for his words. Though regardless I have always like watching the steelers play and you know I'll be rooting for you on sunday weather the Pats win or lose...and for Porters sake hopefully he looks like Merriman did against the colts in their last loss or else he is going to look like a fool again.

6. Steelerfan_2005

Remember, we beat San Diego on the road and San Diego came into Indy's house late in the season and beat up on them. We have as good as a run defense as San Diego and a better pass defense. And as much as I like Brees, I'll take Roethlisberger over him every time.

We've got more than just a chance here.

Thanks for the support. Wonder what it will be like if both New England and Pittsburgh win again this weekend.... ?

7. Pats37

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Steelerfan_2005)</div><div class='quotemain'>Remember, we beat San Diego on the road and San Diego came into Indy's house late in the season and beat up on them. We have as good as a run defense as San Diego and a better pass defense. And as much as I like Brees, I'll take Roethlisberger over him every time.

We've got more than just a chance here.

Thanks for the support. Wonder what it will be like if both New England and Pittsburgh win again this weekend.... ?</div>
    It will be just like last year..you and I pissed at each other because we both think we can/will win..haha. Except it will be in our house this time and I'd get to see it first hand..

8. Steelerfan_2005

I hope we both get the chance to see it happen. Let's win our games and see what's up then. And we should be fired up. We're in the divisional round of the playoffs. As they say, if you can't get up for the playoffs, then you shouldn't even be there!

9. Pats37

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Steelerfan_2005)</div><div class='quotemain'>I hope we both get the chance to see it happen. Let's win our games and see what's up then. And we should be fired up. We're in the divisional round of the playoffs. As they say, if you can't get up for the playoffs, then you shouldn't even be there!</div>
    The playoffs definitely have me excited and making more time during my work day to get to the boards..I was losing my luster for a little bit plus between work, 4 competitve fantasy football leagues, and roller hockey I just didn't have the time.