Grant or Dinwiddie?

Discussion in 'Chicago Bulls' started by truebluefan, Jul 16, 2016.

1. truebluefan

truebluefan Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Grant before tonight:

36% shooting, 27% in 3's Ave 2 rebounds, Ave 2.8 assists. 11 pts a game +7.75

Dinwiddie 40.6% 33% in 3's, 3.8 reb, 3.2 assists, 11.2 pts a game. +11.25

Both shot God awful today.

Grant 3-14 0-7 in 3's, 1 reb, 8 assists, 8 pts

Dinwiddie 3-12, 1-4 in 3's 2 reb 2 assists 11 pts.

Neither has impressed me. I like the length of Dinwiddie, but other than that, after 5 games I am not inpressed.

2. Denny Crane

Denny Crane It's not even loaded! Staff Member Administrator

Never lost a case
    The Bulls traded DRose for Grant. He better be good.

pduh likes this.
  3. pduh

pduh New Member

Grants a project it is probably going to take him a few seasons to develop. I think he can be a good player got to be patience with him hopefully he turns out what I have envision him a player I am hoping to be.

As for Dinwiddle exception of the last game I thought he was solid from the entire summer league. I like his length, and I think he is versatility to play both guards position if needed. I hope he makes the team I honestly and personally I like to see him play more off the ball he use to be a good shooter in college. Need to find his shot in the NBA if he can it will be useful.

4. truebluefan

He played off of the ball a little yesterday. A couple of times, both he and Grant were playing guards.

pduh likes this.
  5. truebluefan

After yesterdays game

Dinwiddie 36% 29% in 3's 11.2 pts a game +10.20

Grant 32% 21% in 3's 10.4 pts a game +7.00

6. pduh

pduh New Member

Yeah I saw that, and bits of it from yesterday game. Neither are really ready as a back up role more so on Grant which he maybe long ways to go wouldn't surprise me if Dinwiddle gets cut, and Cannon play the backup role.

7. truebluefan

You are right.

Despite Grants play in the championship game, I think we need a veteran back up pg. Is Cannon the man? He is a combo guard and I reserve judgement on him until I see him play during exhibition as a Bull.

Grant needs to be the 3rd pg off of the bench in the beginning.

8. pduh

pduh New Member

I will still like to keep Dinwiddle because I think he have potential same apply with Grant of course Grant is likely staying with the team because of guarantee contract. I remember 76ers fans were saying that Cannon is not really good at running the offense but he tries to play defense, and he is good at shooting threes when he gets hot he gets hot. which his biggest strength, and from a little I see in him last season(I have NBA League pass.) that's what I saw a swell.

9. rosenthall

rosenthall Well-Known Member

They are both some of the oldest, most experienced players in Summer League so in that regard their performances were mediocre.

My eyeball test told me that Dinwiddie was more comfortable running an offense, but that he also has severe limitations as a player. The team tanked when the starters would come off the floor and he ran the second unit. That was mostly because the second unit didn't have any other NBA players, but I think it says something that he couldn't impact the game more than he did. Does anyone remember when Tony Snell was carrying the summer league team on his back his second year there?

He plays a lot like late career Kirk Hinrich. Able to get the team into its sets and run things fairly smoothly, but no ability to attack a defense and create space for others, resulting in a lot of hot potato offense that can cave in pretty quickly if you don't have a shot-creator on the floor.

Grant strikes me as having the higher ceiling as an NBA player, but he doesn't do anything well enough to be worth playing. I don't see either of them being very good solutions as backup PG and expect Canaan to take most of the minutes.

Being terrible fits next to Jimmy and Wade doesn't help anything either.

truebluefan likes this.