Greatest Game(s) You've Ever Watched

Discussion in 'NBA General' started by Karma, Apr 5, 2007.

1. Karma

Karma The Will Must Be Stronger Than The Skill

<div class="quote_poster">hustler Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">I agree, the Pistons vs Lakers 04 Finals were good. Everyone thought the Lakers were going to win it. But in the end, the Piston's team chemistry came through.</div>

I still don't understand why the Pistons were considered THAT big of underdogs that year. First of all, that Lakers team had a TON of chemistry issues (much more relevant than in the years prior). Second of all, Shaq was ballooned, out of shape, and Kobe was bound to struggle against Tayshaun's lengths...not to mention that was the year during which Kobe was Public Enemy #1; the fatigue of dealing with everything from July till then had to have caught up with him by that point and time. Third, and most importantly, the Lakers two prized additions were struggling. Gary Payton was showing that he was merely a shell of his former self and Karl Malone was hobbled coming into that series, therefore limiting his production. In fact, I can't remember whether or not Karl even played a game during that series (someone correct me if he didn't play at all) but I just remember him not even suiting up for Game 5.

Add to that the fact that this team's bench was not producing up to it's standards and the team was scrutinized for everything, and you had a recipe for a breakdown against a focused, hungry and determined group of veterans like the Pistons.

I'm not trying to make excuses for that Lakers team, the Pistons straight up beat them. I'm actually supporting the Pistons, they clearly were better team than the Lakers were, the Lakers weren't cohesive at all at that point. I actually predicted the Lakers to win in 6 or 7 games, but people were expecting a 4-0 series sweep for the Lakers with blow outs in each game, which I thought was ridiculous.

2. Detroit Madness

Detroit Madness JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">MrJ Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">I vaguely remember that game. Did Camby goaltend a 3-pointer?</div>
    Lmao yeah, Glenn "Big Dog" Robinson jacked up a ugly three pointer that was going to miss and Camby goaltended it.

3. Detroit Madness

<div class="quote_poster">Karma Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">I still don't understand why the Pistons were considered THAT big of underdogs that year. First of all, that Lakers team had a TON of chemistry issues (much more relevant than in the years prior). Second of all, Shaq was ballooned, out of shape, and Kobe was bound to struggle against Tayshaun's lengths...not to mention that was the year during which Kobe was Public Enemy #1; the fatigue of dealing with everything from July till then had to have caught up with him by that point and time. Third, and most importantly, the Lakers two prized additions were struggling. Gary Payton was showing that he was merely a shell of his former self and Karl Malone was hobbled coming into that series, therefore limiting his production. In fact, I can't remember whether or not Karl even played a game during that series (someone correct me if he didn't play at all) but I just remember him not even suiting up for Game 5.

Add to that the fact that this team's bench was not producing up to it's standards and the team was scrutinized for everything, and you had a recipe for a breakdown against a focused, hungry and determined group of veterans like the Pistons.

I'm not trying to make excuses for that Lakers team, the Pistons straight up beat them. I'm actually supporting the Pistons, they clearly were better team than the Lakers were, the Lakers weren't cohesive at all at that point. I actually predicted the Lakers to win in 6 or 7 games, but people were expecting a 4-0 series sweep for the Lakers with blow outs in each game, which I thought was ridiculous.</div>
    Thats the whole point, the Pistons were the better team. Just nobody thought they were, all the ESPN "experts" had picked the Lakers to win.

4. Heat 4eva

Heat 4eva JBB JustBBall Member

<font color=""Orange"">We don't get many live games in the U.K, but we did get the Lakers - Suns playoff game that went to OT with Kobe winning the game at the buzzer, when watching it me and my friend were like speechless [​IMG]

Instant Classic game.
    </font>

5. Apollo

Apollo JBB Into The Fire

^Thats the game I forgot about. I was watching it in my kitchen flippin out when Kobe threw up the ball to go into overtime.

6. miss3pointer25

miss3pointer25 JBB JustBBall Member

The best game I ever watched was the Sixers vs Celtics on Jan. 13, 2006. The game went into three overtimes and the Sixers won 125-124. I think the Sixers came back from 16 down or something like that to take the win.

7. Heat 4eva

Heat 4eva JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">miss3pointer25 Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">The best game I ever watched was the Sixers vs Celtics on Jan. 13, 2006. The game went into three overtimes and the Sixers won 125-124. I think the Sixers came back from 16 down or something like that to take the win.</div>

<font color=""Orange"">I sorta remember that game, I didn't watch it though, just saw the result on NBA.com</font>

8. kobimel

kobimel Hapoel

There were tons of great NBA games, maybe I'll put up a list later, but yesterday in an Israeli League game Hapoel Jerusalem vs Ironi Ashkelon went to 6 overtimes (a record, and it ties the NBA's most ever too). [​IMG]

9. NBA MAN

NBA MAN JBB JustBBall Member

1. LA Lakers vs. Kings- Game 4 2002 WCF Robert Horry wins game. Damn it

2. LA Lakers vs. Spurs- Game 5 2004 Playoffs Derek Fisher .4 sec

3. LA Lakers vs. Pistons- Game 2 2004 NBA Finals KOBE

4. Wolves vs. Kings- Game 7 2004 NBA playoffs Great moment in Timberwolves basketball

5. Pistons vs. Spurs- Game 5 2005 NBA Finals Robert Horry wins game. Damn it

6. LA Lakers vs. Suns- Game 4 2006 NBA playoffs KOBE

The 2002 Playoffs were the best. I remember the great Kings vs. Lakers series. The Celtics vs. Nets was also great.

10. Detroit Madness

<div class="quote_poster">NBA MAN Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">1. LA Lakers vs. Kings- Game 4 2002 WCF

2. LA Lakers vs. Spurs- Game 5 2004 Playoffs

3. LA Lakers vs. Pistons- Game 2 2004 NBA Finals

4. Wolves vs. Kings- Game 7 2004 NBA playoffs

5. LA Lakers vs. Suns- Game 4 2006 NBA playoffs</div>
    Kobe, Derek Fisher, Robert Horry buzzer beaters I'm guessing your a Laker fan.

11. Karma

Karma The Will Must Be Stronger Than The Skill

<div class="quote_poster">Detroit Madness Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Kobe, Derek Fisher, Robert Horry buzzer beaters I'm guessing your a Laker fan.</div>

Well, he kept saying "damn it" after every Horry buzzer beater he mentioned, so I don't think he is.

And I would disagree on the 2002 playoffs; I thought the 2001 playoffs were much better. The Lakers absolutely demolished all teams on thier way to the championship, that was a joy to watch.

12. NBA MAN

NBA MAN JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Detroit Madness Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Kobe, Derek Fisher, Robert Horry buzzer beaters I'm guessing your a Laker fan.</div>

I was 10 or 11 when the Kings lost game 7 to the lakers and I was crying.
    Even though I used to root against them, now I realize how many great memories I had cuz of them.

13. Really Lost One

Really Lost One Suspended

<div class="quote_poster">Karma Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">
    And I would disagree on the 2002 playoffs; I thought the 2001 playoffs were much better. The Lakers absolutely demolished all teams on thier way to the championship, that was a joy to watch.</div>

What's the excitement when your team demolishes all competition?

14. MainMan

MainMan JBB JustBBall Member

here is my top 5

1) Rex Chapman back in the early 90s.. I remeber staying up really late watching this cuz it was a west coast game and practicing that shot for months after. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mE5RGClCDp4

2) magic vs. heat back in 96 or 97 on nba on nbc. magic came back playing at home and voshon lenard hit a three from way out with no time left. I hated voshon lenard ever since but still one of the greatest games i ever watched

3) magic vs spurs. I know its farely recent but instant classic. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNb5dfeI93I

4)spurs vs. trailblazers. really really thought blazers had this one locked up.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIkm1K_4yPU

5)pacers vs bulls. back when shaving ur head was cool. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vByu2YcHcPM

ironically all of them are game winning buzzer beaters

15. JEALOUS?

JEALOUS? JBB JustBBall Member

The greatest game i have been at was when T-mac did his 13 in 35.[​IMG]

as for watching there are so many and most have already been said.

16. phunDamentalz

phunDamentalz JBB JustBBall Member

Heat at San Antonio, Game 7, 2007 playoffs.....
    Did anyone catch it?
    Dwayne Wade was lighting up the Spurs for the series and Shaq looked like the Shaq of old. But after dispatching Dallas in a 7-game WCF, the Spurs were playing like champs again. They got some quick fouls against Shaq early and then T Parker did his thing. The three by Ginobili to force overtime was awesome. Then in OT it was all Duncan and Parker.... sweet game..........

17. durvasa

durvasa JBB Rockets Fan

Personal favorite: Rockets vs Magic, game 1 of the 1995 Finals.

18. I-Miss-MJ

I-Miss-MJ JBB I am so SMRT

<div class="quote_poster">MainMan Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">5)pacers vs bulls. back when shaving ur head was cool. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vByu2YcHcPM

ironically all of them are game winning buzzer beaters</div>

lol what the hell? He almost shoved MJ into the next dimension.

19. Detroit Madness

<div class="quote_poster">phunDamentalz Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Heat at San Antonio, Game 7, 2007 playoffs.....
    Did anyone catch it?
    Dwayne Wade was lighting up the Spurs for the series and Shaq looked like the Shaq of old. But after dispatching Dallas in a 7-game WCF, the Spurs were playing like champs again. They got some quick fouls against Shaq early and then T Parker did his thing. The three by Ginobili to force overtime was awesome. Then in OT it was all Duncan and Parker.... sweet game..........</div>
    Wait I'm kinda loss...

20. MainMan

MainMan JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Detroit Madness Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Wait I'm kinda loss...</div>

he can see the future