Green Bay at Detroit on 9/11/05

Discussion in 'NFC North' started by Zackman, Sep 5, 2005.

1. FLORIDA PACKER

FLORIDA PACKER nfl-*****s member

Terrible play by the offense, O-line has not jelled yet, Penalties killed us espcially those few ghost penalties.

2. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

The Lions hang on to win 17-3 and are the only team to win a game in the North and actually are at top of the divsion. Both defenses did play well. Green Bay just came out and committed more mistakes. Detroit is easily the more disapline team. If GB can get it going on offense they'll contend especially in their defense plays as well as it did actually. Of course if Joey Harrington plays this well Detroit will win the North and go deep in the playoffs. A Bold statement but a FACT!

3. Zackman

Zackman The Historian

<span style="font-size:14pt;line-height:100%">HOW DO YOU BOYS LIKE YOUR CROW?!!!</span>
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    <span style="font-size:14pt;line-height:100%">GO LIONS!!!</span>
    [​IMG]
    <span style="font-size:14pt;line-height:100%">17-3</span>
    I told you guys over and over!!! LOL!!! [​IMG]

4. DP

DP He shoots, he scores!

Interception=Bull
    Peneltys=GAY!
    Carroll=Out!
    Thomas=IN!
    Lion=Next game!

5. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Zackman)</div><div class='quotemain'><span style="font-size:14pt;line-height:100%">HOW DO YOU BOYS LIKE YOUR CROW?!!!</span>
    http://www.detroitlions.com/photos/Pollard...ront_050911.jpg
    http://mightyrighty.com/forum/images/smilies/more/wav.gif
    <span style="font-size:14pt;line-height:100%">GO LIONS!!!</span>
    http://www.detroitlions.com/photos/scorebo...s_packers05.jpg
    <span style="font-size:14pt;line-height:100%">17-3</span>
    I told you guys over and over!!! LOL!!! [​IMG]</div>

WEEK 1

Didn't Detroit start off that strong last year. 4-2 while GB were 2-4. Not totally shocked with the lost. If Joey can be consistent though. The North might be yours.

6. MysteryMan

MysteryMan nfl-*****s member

Woo 1-0!!!! were zackman and i the only ones tht believed in the Lions!?!

7. Pack Attack

Pack Attack The KISS Army

Enjoy it while it lasts. Harrington is now 3-0 in openers. And we all know how the Lions have done since then... [​IMG]

8. kcgsc

kcgsc Chiefs Enthusiast Extraordinaire

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MysteryMan)</div><div class='quotemain'>Woo 1-0!!!! were zackman and i the only ones tht believed in the Lions!?!</div>

I picked the Lions this week. Congrats to the Zackman and any other Lions' fans that are reading.

9. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MysteryMan)</div><div class='quotemain'>Woo 1-0!!!! were zackman and i the only ones tht believed in the Lions!?!</div>

Well the Lions were the favs so.........

10. Five_Superbowl_ Rings

Five_Superbowl_ Rings nfl-*****s member

Oh my God I'm tripping off of the lackluster performance by the Packers in Detroit. Favre threw 2 INT's to that defense? 27 of 44 against the worst team in the division? What happened? Brett, hang 'em up Pal... The game has passed you by. There's nothing left for you to prove. You brought life to a lifeless city that to this day still has nothing else happening other than the soon to be 4-12 Packers. You're a Hall of Famer for sure and it's been nice watching you but times up. No playoffs, no winning season.

11. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Five_Superbowl_ Rings)</div><div class='quotemain'>Oh my God I'm tripping off of the lackluster performance by the Packers in Detroit. Favre threw 2 INT's to that defense? 27 of 44 against the worst team in the division? What happened? Brett, hang 'em up Pal... The game has passed you by. There's nothing left for you to prove. You brought life to a lifeless city that to this day still has nothing else happening other than the soon to be 4-12 Packers. You're a Hall of Famer for sure and it's been nice watching you but times up. No playoffs, no winning season.</div>

No reason but when the Cowboys loose you'll hear from me!

I can understand a Bear,Lion, and a Viking fan but a obviously jealous(god knows why Cowboy fan)

Plus Favre always plays bad in Domes. 2 INT's. Really only 1. Last one was on a hail marry. The only other one was a nice defensive play. Not a bad throw.

so.................

don't judge a game by the highlights.

12. Zackman

Zackman The Historian

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Pack Attack)</div><div class='quotemain'>Enjoy it while it lasts. Harrington is now 3-0 in openers. And we all know how the Lions have done since then... [​IMG]</div>
    Kenn's right, it's not that big of deal. The Lions were favored and Favre is now 5-9 in Michigan. What's funny is all of you Cheeseheads that picked the Pack to win!!!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I've found my AVATAR!!!

PS - Batman looked more like Cat Woman trying to scratch out the eyes of Lions receivers. He's another 1st Rd. T-Buck! LOL!!

13. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Zackman)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Pack Attack)</div><div class='quotemain'>Enjoy it while it lasts. Harrington is now 3-0 in openers. And we all know how the Lions have done since then... [​IMG]</div>
    Kenn's right, it's not that big of deal. The Lions were favored and Favre is now 5-9 in Michigan. What's funny is all of you Cheeseheads that picked the Pack to win!!!
    http://www.mlive.com/cgi-bin/prxy/photogal...veends_sack.jpg
    http://www.mlive.com/cgi-bin/prxy/photogal...l_celebrate.jpg
    I've found my AVATAR!!!

PS - Batman looked more like Cat Woman trying to scratch out the eyes of Lions receivers. He's another 1st Rd. T-Buck! LOL!!</div>

Well what do you expect. GO LIONS! out of us! [​IMG]

Of course we're gonna pick the Packers over a 6-10 team from a year ago. I now have little better perspective on Detroit but they're not there yet. For me stating Brett Favre should retire and the Packers will go 4-12 is what pisses me off when that person is A.either insane or B. Uses no logic and doesn't no a thing about football.

For Lions fan your not so bad zackman. You talk trash but after the game you admitted the FACT. [​IMG]

14. Zackman

Zackman The Historian

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (porky88)</div><div class='quotemain'>For Lions fan your not so bad zackman. You talk trash but after the game you admitted the FACT. [​IMG]</div>
    Now I wonder how long it will take you to admit the Pack will lose at least 9 games this year?
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (porkey88)</div><div class='quotemain'>Like it or not the Lions offense can put up 40 on the Pack defense but the Pack offense can put up 40 on the Lions defense as well. I am picking Packers 35-31. I am going with the Packers proven offense over the very raw Lions offense.</div>
    It's not the same offense minus the two Pro Bowl Guards ... and now your #1 WR's out for the season.

<span style="font-size:14pt;line-height:100%">DO I HEAR A 7-9 FROM PORKY88?</span>

15. GoChiagobears

GoChiagobears nfl-*****s member

i think the lions have to shut there mouth be for they screw up there season its one game favre is still favre and the bears have a good D still and kyle orton did ok who knows about the vikings but i know the bears and packers are better than the lions will be at the end of the season.

16. Zackman

Zackman The Historian

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GoChiagobears)</div><div class='quotemain'>i think the lions have to shut there mouth be for they screw up there season its one game favre is still favre and the bears have a good D still and kyle orton did ok who knows about the vikings but i know the bears and packers are better than the lions will be at the end of the season.</div>
    Put down the bong dude! The Lions have beat the Bears 3 straight with BAD teams! The team is improved and the Bears have a rookie QB, look for the Lions "D" to ROAR again on Sunday. If the Lions "D" is available in your Fantasy League pick-um up and play-um Sunday agains Da Bears!!!!!

17. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

I read an intresting article in the Press Gazette today published in Detroit. It stated a lot of facts about how Lions fans shouldn't overhype their team right now. They beat a sloppy looking always starting off bad team in the Packers. It's only week 1. Again by Week 4 I'll no where most teams are heading. Green Bay included.

18. Pack Attack

Pack Attack The KISS Army

I think Detroit fans should be happy about the win, but I agree...I wouldn't read much into it yet.

The Packers committed 19 penalties and three turnovers and it was still a pretty close game. The Bears' defense is a ton better than Green Bay's, too. Harrington will be running for his life next week.

19. GoChiagobears

GoChiagobears nfl-*****s member

yeai mean one game now same for bears D and offense i think kyle orton looked better than any rookie or sub Qb the bears have had for t he last 2 years

20. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

John Madden said something that actually made sense last night on Monday Countdown. He said every year after the first week we ride a team off and jump on the others wagon because of an impressive performance. He said the Chiefs and the Colts d's might not be for real like mosts think. Jets might not be that bad. Thats a great example. It's only Week 1.