Greg Ostertag

Discussion in 'Utah Jazz' started by Stockton, May 2, 2004.

1. Trip

Trip 2000000000000000000000000

Student
    This guy started most the time, and did average those numbers, but he's by no means a garbage center. Could he score 25ppg and grab 12rpg with Karl Malone around? No. That is mostly why he starts but doesn't have good stats.

2. kobebryant89

kobebryant89 JBB JustBBall Member

Stats without Karl: 6.8 ppg, 7.4 reb, 1.3 TO, 58 ft%, 47.6 ft%. Yeah he stepped up his play big time... And also it was mentioned he got benched for Collins! Trust me out of every Jazz fan I have asked here in Utah I've heard one person who thinks they should keep him, and she thinks he's a top 5 center in this league!

3. DMiles4MVP

DMiles4MVP JBB JustBBall Member

yeah kobebryant89, lol @ the karl malone excuse LMFAO!!!!! he was worse without him. Ostertag sucks so much its just silly, how is this guy in the NBA, and how has he stayed so long =/

4. Stockton

Stockton JBB

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting DMiles4MVP:</div><div class="quote_post">well since you insist......

1) he ended the season backin up Jarron Collins <- read that more than once if needed
    2) career 5 ppg 6rpg player, thats ok for a bench player but hes been starting for most of his career
    3) carrer .5 apg, translation = he cant pass at all
    4) 57% free throw shooter
    5) overpaid

and for my other reasons, well i've seen him play plenty of times in my lifetime, and lets just say...... i wasnt impressed</div>

1) He was benched because of Utah were struggline. He was found to be more effective off the bench and was averaging more minutes than Collins although he was coming off the bech.
    2) He's played 640 games in his career, started 296.
    3) True, but how mant 7"2' Centers can pass?
    4 and 5 are good points, but Utah did really value him which is why he's paid the amount he is. Thanks for giving reasons to your earlier post :thumbsup: .