GrnDynsty's Year Round Celtics Thread

Discussion in 'Boston Celtics' started by GrnDynsty, Oct 19, 2005.

1. GrnDynsty

GrnDynsty JBB Banned Member

The Celtics have had an interesting ride while my body was battling a raging sickness that in turn made a cavity I had infected. When you have a flu like cold your body is already in pain...now add to that the left side of your head throbs with pain everytime you breathe, cough, sneeze or drink fluids...I WAS IN HELL FOR FIVE DAYS!!! Plus I saw the C's games vs. Milwaukee and Chicago...after the Chicago game I wished the Men In Black were real so they could've used that flash pen to erase my memory of it!

The Milwaukee game was close, Marcus Banks came back and scored 12 points while penetrating almost at will. He hit some shots and pressured the ball, things the C's needed desperately. Ryan Gomes and Perkins hit the boards hard, Raef broke out of his slump, but at the end of the game bad decisions and missed shots led to T.J. Ford, Mo Williams and Michael Redd closing out the C's as they lost 100-96.

In Chicago the Celtics got beaten like a vandal in Singapore. Delonte West got elbowed by Mike Sweetney and received a concussion from Bad Santa and was taken out of the game...Bad Santa then gave backup Dan Dickau a ruptured achilles, a lump of coal and an appointment under the knife for Christmas. It's official, Chicago is a bad place for the Celtics to go....ask Tony Allen. The Celtics got beat by so many points that you had to take out a piece of paper and work it out like in third grade to figure out EXACTLY HOW MANY!

I was so sick that I thought that I was hallucinating when I saw the score in the fourth quarter until my brother told me that it was really happening...now after five days, two gallons of orange juice, two boxes of tissues, one roll of paper towels, 15 pennicillin pills and half a bottle of Ambesol liquid later I'm lucid enough to answer questions such as "What is your name?" and "What day is it?"

Last night, I was able to watch a Celtics game without having a trash container next to my bed...sick or not. The Celtics pushed the tempo and behind the contributions of Paul Pierce, Ricky Davis, Marcus Banks, Mark Blount, Kendrick Perkins, Al Jefferson, Raef LaFrentz, Ryan Gomes and Orien Greene they won in the TD Banknorth Garden. Kendrick Perkins once again produced big in short minutes, I went on NBA.com to check the league leaders and I found out that Kendrick Perkins is 4th in the entire league in Rebounds Per 48 Minutes only trailing Marcus Camby, Dwight Howard and Reggie Evans. Tony Allen has been reactivated but didn't see any action and Redz was a gametime decision but he felt dizzy at shootaround early on so he was scratched from the game. The Celtics got after it so much last night that Baron Davis almost lost it and got ejected...HE THREW RAEF LAFRENTZ TO THE FLOOR..his parents were there!

The funny thing was my brother called me on his lunch break from Chinatown to ask if I was coughing up any organs and he said "I SWEAR I just saw Raef LaFrentz drive by with two old folks in his car..." When BD tossed Raef they showed his parents faces as he shot the free throws and my brother goes "That's them!".

The Celtics are currently 10-14 on the season with their next game coming tomorrow against Utah. Marcus Banks has earned the starting point guard job by averaging 13 points a game since his return and pushing the tempo. We'll see how the bench looks with Delonte coming off of it and Ricky distributing the ball. One.

2. Squishface

Squishface JBB Ministering Fools

I'm going to come out and guarantee a win for the C's on Wednesday. The streak must come to an end. They have to win two in a row now, there's no avoiding it anymore. I personally think this could be the start of good things. I know the W's looked weak, but those are the games we need to take advantage of, especially at home.

3. GrnDynsty

Can it be? The Celtics may win back to back games for the first time all year tonight! Will it actually happen? Stay tuned! One.

4. Squishface

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting GrnDynsty:</div><div class="quote_post">Can it be? The Celtics may win back to back games for the first time all year tonight! Will it actually happen? Stay tuned! One.</div>

Why yes, I do believe it DID happen, and despite trying to give the game away, they snatched victory from the jaws of ineptitude and came away winners. More power to them.

A couple more like this, and who knows? Maybe we'll be Atlantic leaders.

5. GrnDynsty

The Celtics knocked off the hapless Utah Jazz to become 11-14. Tony Allen's return was pushed back due to him going full speed in practice and his knee swelling up something terrible the next day. He will be rested another week and then reevaluated. Justin Reed hasn't been seeing too much action lately as Ryan Gomes has jumped over him in the rotation. The last man on the bench has become Brian Scalabrine. The Atlantic Division has a couple of teams over .500 now, making the Celtics task THAT much harder. Delonte West came back and had a great game, earning back the starting point guard duties from Marcus Banks. Having those two back along with Ricky Davis and Paul Pierce is some serious firepower. Raef has snapped out of his shooting slump but his confidence is nowhere where what it was before. Mark Blount has been playing fantastic as of late...or should I say he's been putting up great numbers. If Ricky Davis isn't an All Star this year than it's an absolute TRAVESTY!! He leads the team in assists! I'll be back the 26th to post more...MERRY CHRISTMAS CELTICS FANS!!!! One.

6. Squishface

Merry Christmas Grn. Your assesment of the team sees spot on, as we head into our Christmas Layoff. Hopefully, Raef will find it in his head to shoot once or twice, but it sure is nice to see Scal sitting (at last, that was too long an experiment by Doc). Gomes has impressed me on the boards, and is a nice shot in the arm.

Hope you get everything you want.

Happy Christmas.

7. GrnDynsty

Two more games, two more losses to Seattle and Golden State. This is getting really old really soon. At the first trimester, the Celtics are 11-16 and it's starting to look mighty ugly...How in the hell did Perk manage ONE REBOUND IN 14 MINUTES? Marcus Banks didn't score at all! Raef LaFrentz had FIVE POINTS!!! The first close loss was bad, this one was painful because I stayed up till 1 A.M.to watch the Celtics lose ANOTHER CLOSE GAME. Projected out for a full season the C's will go 33-49 or 34-48 and they will miss the playoffs...they need to go on a run and soon in order to avert disaster. So far Paul Pierce and Ricky Davis have played like All Stars..here's the breakdown for the '05 part of the 2005-06 NBA season.

All Star Candidates:
    Paul Pierce
    Ricky Davis

Serious Contributors:
    Mark Blount
    Delonte West
    Al Jefferson
    Kendrick Perkins
    Marcus Banks

Surprises:
    Ryan Gomes
    Orien Greene

Dissapointments:
    Raef LaFrentz (Hit some shots...score some points..get some confidence!)
    Justin Reed (Where are the minutes? What did he do? Hit on Doc's wife?)
    Tony Allen (Still being injured, damn swollen knee!)

Pine Ridin' Rookie:
    Gerald Green (He's an excellent dresser for his age...)

Why In The Hell Is He Wearing A Kelly Green Uniform With "Celtics" On It?:
    Brian "Veal" Scalabrine
    Dan "The Sieve" Dickau (don't know what one is? Look it up!)

One.

8. GrnDynsty

Another game. Another close loss. They are now 11-17 on the season. Tonight it becomes 2006. The season begins anew. HAPPY NEW YEAR TO EVERYONE AT JUSTBBALL.COM!!! Thanks for letting me be myself and accepting me. One.

9. bbwSwish

bbwSwish Harder. Better. Faster. Stronger.

Why do you put "One" at the end of all your posts? I don't understand why you don't just put it in your signature.

10. GrnDynsty

Happy Basketball New Year 2006!!!

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Swish15:</div><div class="quote_post">Why do you put "One" at the end of all your posts? I don't understand why you don't just put it in your signature.</div>

First things first....Cuz I don't want to. Next, congrats to the C's for starting the new year off right with a win against the LA Clippers in the Staples Center. They are now 12-17...one of my favorite ALL TIME Celtics teams started out the year 12-17 and ended 48-34 by going 36-17 in the new year...unfortunately that was also the yaer that Reggie Lewis died. That was an odd good news/bad news moment, huh? Either way, y'all get over your hangovers (I don't drink..I was drinking sparkling cider out of my own bottles while people were throwing up and drunk dialing all around me) and I'll watch the Patroits air out Miami. C's play tomorrow...I'll be back. ONE.

11. UnLeAsHeD

UnLeAsHeD JBB JustBBall Member

Lets face it...

Best we can hope for is 8th place in the playoffs cuz Wizards or Bulls might suck just as bad as we do...

Time to seriously think about trading our MVP together with the dead weight long term contracts like Raef and Blount...

Blount Raef Scalabrine and Pierce out for Diaw, Milicic, Gordon and Paul...

At least this gives the C's a championship in NBA live 2006 in another 3 seasons...

12. cliplove777

cliplove777 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting UnLeAsHeD:</div><div class="quote_post">Lets face it...

Best we can hope for is 8th place in the playoffs cuz Wizards or Bulls might suck just as bad as we do...

Time to seriously think about trading our MVP together with the dead weight long term contracts like Raef and Blount...

Blount Raef Scalabrine and Pierce out for Diaw, Milicic, Gordon and Paul...

At least this gives the C's a championship in NBA live 2006 in another 3 seasons...</div>

I may not be a Celtic fan.....but trading Pierce shouldnt be an idea right now. Instead of thinking about how Diaw, Milicic, Gordon and Paul could bring you championship in 3 years..........think about how West, Jefferson, and Gerald Green could evolve in 3 years and take the C's to great places. Also, Pierce is having a great year..........won of his best........and trading him would be dumbest thing to do. I could only imagine how much better he will be when the rest of team gains some experience.

13. GrnDynsty

There is no one in the league that I would trade Paul Pierce for in the league right now. No one can shoot as well, rebound as well, pass as well, defend as well, lead as well or play as well injured. Besides, taking away the player the fans identify with the most would be DISASTROUS. Not even Shawn Marion or Tracy McGrady would be worth a trade (Marion cannot shoot or lead anywhere near what Paul Pierce can and TMac doesn't pass or rebound as wel..plus he has chronic back problems as misses too many games)...Boris Diaw? Hell naw! One.

14. GrnDynsty

Am I bugging or did Raymond Scott aka Benzino, former member of The Almighty RSO and Made Men and owner of The Source magazine just get ejected from the Celtics game in Denver just now? The ref went and got security to eject someone that said something he didn't like...I'm not sure it was him or not but it sure looked like him...I'll find out tomorrow for sure. One.

15. GrnDynsty

The Celtics dropped a game 120-110 in Denver. Ricky Davis went 3-16 for 9 points and Kendricks Perkins played 5 minutes and had 4 points and 5 rebounds. Al Jefferson has started the last two games for the C's. The Celtics are now 12-18 after 30 games this season...it's really starting to get ugly and there is no timetable for Tony Allen's return. Uh Oh. One.

16. H.ayes

H.ayes JBB JustBBall Member

I'm 95% sure I'm going to follow your lead but not exactly copy with all of my posts from now on. Two.

17. GrnDynsty

Hey, I need all the readers I can get. I appreciate all responses. Kudos, criticisms, outright hatred...it's all good. Thanks for frequenting this thread...I wouldn't wanna grieve all season by my damn self! One.

18. GrnDynsty

The Celtics win a close one in the TD Banknorth Garden behind a great Paul Pierce game and pull it out against the Charlotte Bobcats. The Celtics are now 10-6 at home....and 3-12 on the road. At 13-18, the Celtics NEED to go on a winning streak to salvage the season. Regardless, of what many fans think, the Celtics problems all can be attributed to their available roster and their inability to gel together/become a consistent and effective unit. The problem does not, and I repeat DOES NOT LIE WITH DOC RIVERS COACHING JOB THIS SEASON! Anyone that thinks that Doc Rivers deserves to be fired after 31 games this season apparently has never seen an ACTUAL BAD COACHING JOB in their lifetimes...Doc Rivers is not Jack McKinney by any stretch of the imagination! (If you don't know who he is, LOOK HIM UP). One.

19. UnLeAsHeD

UnLeAsHeD JBB JustBBall Member

20. GrnDynsty

I'm gonna pull up a list of three things that are obvious and three things that are questionable to contrast the Doc Rivers coaching situation:

Obvious for about a year:

1. Lindsay Lohan is having drug problems and may have an eating disorder.
    2. Matt Millen isn't doing a good job as GM of the Detroit Lions and needs to be fired.
    3. Reggie Bush will be a top 3 draft pick if he enters the upcoming NFL Draft.

Obvious for at least 1 day:

1. Lindsay Lohan apparently DID have drug problems and an eating disorder.
    2. Bills owner Ralph Wilson is older than dirt and Marv Levy isn't too far behind him.
    3. If Vince Young enters the upcoming NFL Draft he'd be a top 3 pick.

Questionable for about a year:

1. Matt Leinert will regret not entering this year's NFL Draft.
    2. Isiah Thomas is grasping at straws and needs to be fired as Knicks GM.
    3. LeBron James will become even more of a complete player.

Questionable for about a day:

1. If Houston has the #1 pick and Vince Young is available they should dump Dave Carr and pick Vince Young over Reggie Bush.
    2. The Jets need to strike a deal with Kansas City and let Coach Edwards take the job vacated by Dick Vermeil.
    3. The Seattle Supersonics may have been premature in firing Bob Weiss from his coaching job.

I do not believe that Doc has been SO BAD considering that his team was racked with injuries and several players on this team are in new roles and they STILL haven't found clear player rotations yet. At 13-18 this year after 31 contests this season could be MUCH WORSE. If the C's go on a 5 or 6 game losing streak then I'd understand all the coaching change talk...for now, I can't see it. One.