GrnDynsty's Year Round Celtics Thread

Discussion in 'Boston Celtics' started by GrnDynsty, Oct 19, 2005.

1. GrnDynsty

GrnDynsty JBB Banned Member

The Celtics dropped a close game at the TD Banknorth Garden to the Atlanta Hawks...for the second time this year. Many people blame the loss on bad decision making a coaching...Kendrick Perkins didn't play and Ryan Gomes was deactivated for this contest so that Tony Allen could play...Gerald Green was sent to the NBDL to the Fayetteville Patriots with Danny Ainge yesterday. Why did the Celtics stay in Zone when the Hawks were hot from the outside? Where were Perk and Blount when they could have been needed? Why did Raef play so much if he didn't produce? How could the Celtics lose at home to the Hawks? How could they lose to the Hawks AGAIN? If Doc Rivers is fired soon, I actually can say that the management MAY be justified in doing it...there is NO WAY they should've lost last night. The Celtics are now 13-19 on the season after 32 games and 9 left to the halfway point of the season. Their floating around .400 right now...that's 2 or 3 spots out of lottery pick territory. Hopefully, they can redeem themselves tonight. If not, there's always the Patriots. One.

2. GrnDynsty

The Celtics dropped ANOTHER CLOSE GAME!! This time to the Washington Wizards behind the always incindiary Gilbert "Pro Material" Arenas. The Celtics are now 13-20 after 33 games this season. The good thing is that Kendrick Perkins got to play more....moot, now that the Celtics have dropped ANOTHER DAMN GAME! This season is slowly turning into a nightmare when I was thinking that the worst case scenario would be a DISSAPOINTMENT! The Patriots are up 7-3 in a field position/ball control game in Gillette Stadium aka "The Razor". The second half is starting and I will now focus all of my energies on the game...where's Tedy Bruschi? One.

3. GrnDynsty

As of right now, if Doc Rivers was to get fired I would not be surprised. After those last two close losses and more questionable strategic and personnel decisions. I have been talking to basketball fans and experts alike and we broke down the season so far....Doc has mad far too many bad to questionable decisions going back to LAST SEASON...including last year's playoffs. I understand where 44 Thrilla and other JustBBall users criticisms of Doc's coaching is coming from. I'm sick of all of these loses and "moral victories"...Paul Pierce is clearly pissed off. One.

4. GrnDynsty

If anyone can explain to me what Brian Scalabrine is doing on the court right now I'd be willing to pay you money. Why was Raef guarding Dirk Nowitzki? He sure isn't a defensive stopper...if he IS he's been UNDERACHEIVING HIS ENTIRE CAREER. Perk was is the game for three whole minutes...When does Gerald Green finally play a game in the D League? Well, another close loss in the Garden, this time to the Dallas Mavericks. I am beyond saying who had a good game or reviewing stats and who played whatever many minutes after a loss because it's moot and inconsequential...A LOSS IS A LOSS. I am pissed off after this one because HOW MANY CLOSE GAMES CAN YOU LOSE IN A DAMNED SEASON? The Boston Celtics are now 13-21 after 34 games this season and coming closer and closer to the lottery. One.

5. UnLeAsHeD

UnLeAsHeD JBB JustBBall Member

Another final minute loss...i can't take this much longer...

6. GrnDynsty

The Celtics had a comeback win in Atlanta....they were due. Their record is now 14-21 after 35 contests...for those of you good (or bad...good by American standards) at math that's a .400 winning percentage. That is completely unacceptable. I'm gonna read what Bill Simmons had to say about Doc. One.

7. GrnDynsty

That Bill Simmons article has taken all of the arguments and knocks and frustrations I've had with this team and encompassed it all in one article. I used to write about the Celtics with a lot more enthusiasm and now, due to bad play which is due to bad coaching, the life and fun has been sucked right out of my posts...read them in the past months up until now...it's pretty damn sad. I don't know what the Celtics will do but it's pretty obvious what they must do...If necessary I'll start writing about the Patriots. One.

8. GrnDynsty

I just saw this article on Yahoo and it made me laugh...until Paul Pierce missed those two free throws...and again when Allen Iverson turned over the ball with 48.2 seconds left in 2OT. I guess I'll watch Battlestar Galactica later tonight (don't sleep..that show is like crack...it's up there with iPods, YouTube and MySpace in addictiveness!). Anyways, here's the article about the Big Dig almost being done...YEAH RIGHT!!!

Boston's Big Dig Winding Down to a Close
    By STEVE LeBLANC, Associated Press Writer Fri Jan 13, 7:16 PM ET

BOSTON - After more than a decade of ever-shifting traffic detours, the last major piece of roadway in Boston's Big Dig opened Friday, officials said.

The opening of an off ramp from Interstate 93 south means the $14.6 billion project to ease congestion in downtown Boston is substantially finished, said Matt Amorello, Massachusetts Turnpike Authority chairman. Heavy construction began in 1991.

For drivers, the ramp's opening signals that the city should finally have a stable street pattern.

"We're starting to see the success of this project," Amorello said. "There's been an incredible engineering achievement."

There is still work left, including construction of parks and museums where the elevated Interstate 93 used to sit. Also, a major leak that flooded a tunnel in 2004 led to the discovery of wall panels that needed repair. Grouting to patch leaks is expected to wrap up around the end of the month. All work should be done by spring 2007, Amorello said.

The dig has been plagued by soaring costs and long delays. The cost ballooned from $2.6 billion to $14.6 billion.

Formally called the Central Artery and Third Harbor Tunnel project, the Big Dig buried Interstate 93 in tunnels beneath downtown and connected the Massachusetts Turnpike to Logan Airport with a third tunnel beneath Boston Harbor.

Yeah, right! One.

9. GrnDynsty

You guy's will never guessed what just happened. The Celtics lost another close game due to bad coaching and player mismanagement....BIG SHOCKER, HUH? It took 3 OT's for the Celtics to lose in front of a NATIONAL AUDIENCE ON ESPN2! They are now 14-22 on the season. The Nets, Knicks and other East teams have finally strung together some wins....WHEN WILL THE CELTICS START WINNING? February? March? April? 2007? 2008? DAMN! One.

10. GrnDynsty

I've been busying myself with MySpace...after the Patriots lost it was just like "AAAWWW DAMN!"...at least I still have my Celtics. My underacheiving, horribly coached and managed Celtics...I saw part of the game today (spent the other part watching Kung Fu movies and playing PS2 and Gamecube with my brother...I actually wanted to ENJOY my Martin Luther King Jr. Day!). We kept switching back and forth. First, the Celtics had the lead. Then, it was tied. They were down by four, then they were down by 12...then it was over. I checked the Celtics website for info and here's the disturbing blurb posted there:

Boston Hangs Tough, Bows to Detroit
    The Celtics battled the whole game with the league-leading Pistons, but couldn't take the lead down the stretch, falling 94-84 on Monday. Boston outscored Detroit 34-18 in the paint, while outrebounding them by five. Paul Pierce led the way with 21 points on 8-of-16 shooting, while Delonte West added 20. The Celtics return home Wednesday to face the Wolves.

Uhh..how do you out rebound and outscore Detroit in the paint, a team that has Ben Wallace, Rasheed Wallace, Tayshaun Prince AND Antonio McDyess all at the bigs positions, AND LOSE BY TEN? How? THAT'S the question they should've asked Deep Thought instead of what the answer to the universal question! I can see it now:

Fan: "Oh, Deep Thought! We have travelled from afar because we are in need of answers. I have a question...How in the hell do the Celtics keep losing in the most incomprehensible ways?"

Deep Thought: "I must build a separate computer to ponder that question...come back in 3 months and ask again."

Three Months Pass

Fan: "O Deep Thought!" "What has your computer come up with as an answer to how the Celtics keep losing games in the most incomprehensible ways? We MUST know!"

Deep Thought: "Ain't it obvious? Doc won't settle on a damn rotation. Scalabrine sucks. Banks and Allen were hurt to start the year. Blount won't play defense. Perk doesn't play enough. They've mismanaged and misjudged and made coaching errors, substitution errors, mental mistakes and porous defense ALL YEAR LONG!" "You don't win playing bad basketball!" "Stephen A. Smith coulda told you that on Speaking Frankly!" "Tommy Heisohn and Mike Gorman say that nightly!" "DO YOU EVEN LISTEN WHEN CEDRIC MAXWELL IS TALKING?...." LOL. The Celtics have a horrid record and are in the cellar...they STILL have a shot in the East if they can turn it around...Thank God for Madden '06! One.

11. UnLeAsHeD

UnLeAsHeD JBB JustBBall Member

Ive been 50/50 on Nurse Rivers as a coach...but seeing him play a exhausted Ricky D for the entire game when he was obviously not doing anything proves that Doc has either...

A. Completely lost the plot as a coach

or

B. Is under orders to lose every match and send us to a top spot in the lottery...

12. GrnDynsty

Let's get this straight...after 37 games this season, Doc Rivers FINALLY gets the bright idea to play Al Jefferson and Kedrick Perkins aka The Wonder Twins at the SAME TIME? They play huge and the Celtics win...WHAT A HUGE FRICKIN' SURPRISE! I've been hollering this ALL SEASON LONG. They are now 15-23 with 3 games before my Mid Year Report Card...wild guess what grade Doc Rivers is getting for coaching. One.

13. GrnDynsty

For the second straight game, the Celtics leave Perk and Al (The Wonder Twins) in the game extra time and down the stretch and they come up big and the C's win back to back games for only the second time this year! They are 16-23 right now. One.

14. postpoint

postpoint JBB JustBBall Member

I agree.

I'm glad to see them playing. They just needed to take their lumps. I've read some articles about Doc saying that they had to earn their time, and maybe he has a point in that. I just think that Jefferson in particular is so much better than anyone at the four. When we lost big, we usually got killed on the boards at that spot, so why not try? Actually, I amend that because I know all about Perk's board rates. Hopefully this is all a preamble to running Mark Blount out of town on a rail.
    Is there a real nine-man rotation in the offing? Could it be?
    After a little thought, probably not.
    They do seem to be putting things together though. Can't say as I've seen Al's defense (I can only listen on the radio in TN) but I see a few blocks in the lines every night, which warms my heart. Another win tonight and we've got a real streak. Also, I loathe both Carter and Jason Kidd.

15. GrnDynsty

This is sickening, the Celtics can't have a three game winning streak? Not only did they lose...but they LOST BIG. They are now 16-24 after 40 games and back to a .400 winning percentage. This is incredibly annoying. One.

16. GrnDynsty

Kobe Bryant scored 81 points in an NBA game! He shot 28-46 hit 18 free throws and went 7-13 from three point land...he had 2 assists and scored 55 in the entire half (albeit on the Toronto Raptors but have athletic, quick players and they aren't a damn high school squad!). I have mixed feeling about this accomplishment/performance and I'll reserve judgement on it until AFTER I see the full game replayed on NBATV. One.

17. GrnDynsty

The Celtics won big tonight as Ricky Davis broke out of his slump with 32 points and Kendrick Perkins held down the middle with 5 blocks. They managed to keep Chris Paul from getting in a groove and were greatly aided by the Hornets not being able to hit the broad side of a barn or water if they fell out of a damn boat. The Celtics are now 17-24 halfway through the season...Mark Blount and Marcus Banks are almost definitely on their way out of town. One.

18. GrnDynsty

I'm sitting here watching the replay of the Lakers/Raptors game where he scored 81 and I see that Ron Artest FINALLY got traded. I'm looking at the Rotowire and it says he got swapped straight up for Peja Stojokovich. That is absolutely crazy. Kobe had 26 at the half and I'm gonna watch this dude score 55 points in 24 minutes. One.

19. GrnDynsty

The Celtics played a close game vs. the Washington Wizards at home...they lost. They are now 17-25 after 42 games this season. The C's will next face the Sacramento Kings, whom they couldn't beat before when they sucked...they have the newly acquired Ron Artest with them...OH FANTASTIC! Plus Mike Bibby's been on a tear as of late...this season has been a rollercoaster with NOTHING BUT LOOP DE LOOPS! One.

20. GrnDynsty

It has just been brought to my attention that the Celtics have made a trade JUST NOW. I went to the Rotowire and saw the new deal:

Celtics trade Mark Blount, Marcus Banks, Justin Reed and Ricky Davis to the Minnesota Timberwolves for Wally Szczerbiak, Michael Olowakandi and Dwayne Jones...

THIS IS AN ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE TRADE THAT I DON'T CONDONE OR COSIGN AT ALL!!! AS A CELTICS FAN AND A BASKETBALL FAN THIS IS THE FINAL STRAW FOR ME!!!

This is the last post I will make in this thread...let it die. No one in Boston cares about the Celtics (besides people that love the game of basketball in general). The Celtics gave Minnesota the face of their franchise and a fan favorite (Ricky Davis), a scoring center (Mark Blount) and two defensive players (Justin Reed and Marcus Banks), one with blinding speed that is instant offense coming off the bench. Add these players with Kevin Garnett and they have a chance to be resurgent....the Celtics are on the way down...way down. Judging by the attention (or lack of) that this board receives from Celtics fans (are there any actually left?...they was more activity on the "Who should the Celtics trade" thread on BostonRap.com!). I'm at my wits end.....DANNY AINGE NEEDS TO BE FIRED!...In protest of the Celtics management's final horrible move I AM ENDING THIS THREAD!

I have no reason to watch this team anymore this season...I used to watch Paul Pierce, Antoine Walker and Ricky Davis anchor this team...they let Toine go. I watched Paul Pierce and Ricky Davis anchor this team...THEY TRADED RICKY!!! What the hell kind of team has Michael Olowakandi, Raef LaFrentz, Wally Szczerbiak, AND Brian Scalabrine on it? I'll tell you...NOT ONE I WANT TO WATCH ON TELEVISION OR PAY TO SEE IN PERSON!!! I feel betrayed by the Celtics management and ownership. How can they purposely put a crap product out there and expect us to tolerate it? I love basketball enough to be pissed off that such an inferior product has been playing underneath those banners and wearing that storied kelly green uniform.

I am Celtics fan. I am a basketball fan. Foremost, I am a sensible adult male. I HATE bad deals. I HATE bad basketball. I HATE the fact that this team was good last year and they keep getting rid of good players and replacing them with crap players. I have tolerated enough. That's it! To everyone that read this thread: Thank you for being the few, the proud Bostonians and C's fans that even cared enough to read it. Now go back to your Red Sox, Patriots and Bruins (I'm still not convinced hockey is a sport...I'm from the South End/Roxbury...ain't no rinks where brown folks live!) news. For the FINAL TIME. One.