GrnDynsty's Year Round Celtics Thread

Discussion in 'Boston Celtics' started by GrnDynsty, Oct 19, 2005.

1. H.ayes

H.ayes JBB JustBBall Member

I can guarantee you that the Celtics second half record will be better than that of the first half. It's fans like you without faith who belong in New York or Los Angeles.

"One."

2. Mr. J

Mr. J Triple Up

I agree with H.ayes. Well, except for the last part about New York. I, too, don't like the trade for Boston, but don't you think you owe it to the Celtics to at least see them in action first? Both of the teams have never played a single game and you're already giving up on them? What will happen if the Celtics do better after the trade? At least wait until the Celtics finish up this season before you give up on them.

3. 44Thrilla

44Thrilla cuatro cuatro

I just love it when somebody declares a deal bad the minute they hear it.

I guess I can unstick this thread until his tantrum is over.

4. olskoolfunktitude

olskoolfunktitude JBB The Pig Pirate

I think hes pretty much done. I think its safe to sticky it again.
    If GrnDynasty wants to end this thread Id be more than happy to continue it on in his stead. And I won't throw any outlandish tantrums...well...at least not here on the board I wont...as for real life on the other hand....[​IMG] jk

5. olskoolfunktitude

Celtics lost a tough game last night. They were fortunate that Pierce treated the team like a backpack and carried them throughout the second half and got them close enough for the loss to be considered a "tough" one. After commiting an eye popping 16 turnovers in the 1st half, the celtics didn't really deserve to have a shot at winning this game but Pierce scored 33 of his 40 points in the 2nd half, including 20 in the third quarter. Jefferson also finished strong with 17 points and Perkins had another 10 rebound night which is becoming a refreshingly common occurance for him. But in the end the Celtics did more of the "same old" down the stretch (missed free throws, turnovers, poor defense) to get over the hump and never got closer than 2 points down.

6. olskoolfunktitude

Disastrous game last night. The celtics clawed within one point before they were buried by Cassell and Brand but the real loss here is that of Al Jefferson. He suffered a severe sprain of his ankle and will not play again for weeks if not the rest of the season. This is clearly depressing as Al was just beginning to take another step forward and there's no telling how long it will take him to reach even that form again if ever. The scary thing is that this is the 3rd ankle injury hes had in less than a 2 year career which means that he is running the risk of being labelled as "injury prone". We'll always have to worry about his ankles unles he can show that he can go a whole few seasons without injuring it. Last nights game also featured some more comically bad coaching decisions by Doc Rivers. As if it wasn't enough to lose Jefferson, Doc for some reason decided it would be smart to sit Kendrick Perkins for most of the second half despite the fact that he finished the first half with 9 points and 10 rebounds. Oops! nice move, Doc