Grossman out 3-4 months

Discussion in 'NFC North' started by panthersare#1, Aug 12, 2005.

1. panthersare#1

panthersare#1 The GM

Vinny threw for a lot of yards last year. But i really think that Volek would be better to trade for because they can keep him for a couple of years as a safety blanket for Grossman

2. Send em back al

Send em back al nfl-*****s member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (porky88)</div><div class='quotemain'>actually I meant it by that he is not really catching a break and his life can't be that good at this time.</div>

Well then get it together and say what you mean! [​IMG]

3. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Send Em Back Al)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (porky88)</div><div class='quotemain'>actually I meant it by that he is not really catching a break and his life can't be that good at this time.</div>

Well then get it together and say what you mean! [​IMG]</div>

Thanks for advice mom.... [​IMG] nah

4. DP

DP He shoots, he scores!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (porky88)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BearsFan1)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (porky88)</div><div class='quotemain'>broken ankle. This guy can't get it together.</div>

He cant get it together? What his bones? What kind of dumb comment is this? Like he has any control over that!! What he should have reinforced his ankle with Titanium!! Just when i think i have read the dumbest post ever, you post again</div>

ok thanks for taken your anger out on me. Do you feel better now.</div>
    WoW BF1...Settle donw I think that was one of my moments. But he didnt commenet back like I do. :P I think im turning around my stupidy.

5. nflfan04

nflfan04 Dazed and Confused

this ios 100% the bears fault. he shouldnyt have been playing this late in the game.

6. panthersare#1

panthersare#1 The GM

I think Lovie Smith wanted him to get a lot of reps so he would be prepared for the regular season

7. J-E-T-S 1083

J-E-T-S 1083 The Original Jets Junkie

still its the first preseason game nflfans right for what reason do u keep a guy who has a history of injuries in late in the FIRST preseason game. it doesnt make sense

8. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (J-E-T-S 1083)</div><div class='quotemain'>still its the first preseason game nflfans right for what reason do u keep a guy who has a history of injuries in late in the FIRST preseason game. it doesnt make sense</div>

It was there 2nd preseason game but I got to be agreeing with you guys here. No way should he of played more than the first quarter. He is know Iron Man. With a history of injuries you might want to take the same approach with him at the Falcons are with Vick in the preseason. To late now.

9. panthersare#1

panthersare#1 The GM

The Bears are probly thinking that they need to draft a QB in the 1st round next year because a good QB is no good if hes injuried

10. FLORIDA PACKER

FLORIDA PACKER nfl-*****s member

I doubt it, unless they're able to get Lineart then no way, they still haven't even really seen what Grossman can do, Orton and the Hutch should be servicable for now.

11. panthersare#1

panthersare#1 The GM

But if your QB gets hurt every year, they will be looking for one who can be durable.

12. nflfan04

nflfan04 Dazed and Confused

yes, i say do bad and throw every game. then draft leinert [​IMG]

its a sure thing. if ya go unwinnable you get top pick, and set new record for bein only team at 0-16

13. panthersare#1

panthersare#1 The GM

With Grossman out i see the bears finshing like that did last year, unless the trade for a QB.

14. Bearsfan1

Bearsfan1 2 Time Defending FF Champion

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (nflfan04)</div><div class='quotemain'>this ios 100% the bears fault. he shouldnyt have been playing this late in the game.</div>

Normally this would be accurate, but since grossman is 3rd year guy in 5th offense in 5 seasons(all teh way back to college) he needed more game reps than a normal 3rd year guy cuz he hadnt gotten game experience becuase of injury last year. It was bad luck, not a bad decision.

15. DP

DP He shoots, he scores!

well that sucks hes out...not relly.

16. panthersare#1

panthersare#1 The GM

Now we know the packers will beat the bears

17. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (panthersare#1)</div><div class='quotemain'>Now we know the packers will beat the bears</div>

yea bearing any injuries the Packers will get 1 for sure. I think we'll sweep them but Bears fans will still tell you otherwise. Who knows though. upsets happen often but i have faith in the Pack beating the Bears until Favre retires at least.

18. DolfanDale

DolfanDale Active Member

[quote name='porky88'][quote name='J-E-T-S 1083']still its the first preseason game nflfans right for what reason do u keep a guy who has a history of injuries in late in the FIRST preseason game. it doesnt make sense[/quote]

It was there 2nd preseason game but I got to be agreeing with you guys here. No way should he of played more than the first quarter. He is know Iron Man. With a history of injuries you might want to take the same approach with him at the Falcons are with Vick in the preseason. To late now.[/quote]

When we were discussing Javon Walker's holdout, didn't you tell me that I was foolish for thinking about injuries? Remember this?

[quote name='porky88'][quote name='DolfanDale']You say that your not worried about WR, but what if Donald Driver has to miss any time, heaven forbid, to injury? The Pack looks awful thin at WR should that happen.[/quote]

What if Brett Farve gets hurt?

What if Nick Saban gets stabbed?

What if Jason Taylor tears a ACL?

What if Javon Walker plays?

What if Al Harris gets hurt?[/quote]

19. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

yea if all those guys get hurt then we might be in trouble. I am not worried about inuries and I don't think we should re negoatiate Walker's contract like you said because of "FEAR" of Driver going down. Point Walker is in camp and is playing football. Thats all that matters as of now. Come next off season we'll get back into his contract status.

20. DolfanDale

DolfanDale Active Member

I'm not sure how, but you really missed my point. My point is that on one hand your blaming Lovie Smith for having Grossman in the ballgame because he should have concerned himself with Grossman getting injured, but on the other hand the Packers shouldn't concern themselves with getting Javon Walker into camp because of the possibility of Donald Driver, who suffered a concussion and neck injury in last year's season opener, getting injured. (We had that discussion before Walker reported to camp.) My point is that you have said coaches can't go around worrying about injuries, but now your blaming Lovie Smith for not doing that.

Personally, I think BF1 nailed it on the head when he said that Lovie needed to play Grossman because he needs the snaps. When you have veterans that know the system and aren't going to really benefit from a lot of preseason work then you can rest them more.