Grossman out 3-4 months

Discussion in 'NFC North' started by panthersare#1, Aug 12, 2005.

1. Bearsfan1

Bearsfan1 2 Time Defending FF Champion

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DolfanDale)</div><div class='quotemain'>I'm not sure how, but you really missed my point. My point is that on one hand your blaming Lovie Smith for having Grossman in the ballgame because he should have concerned himself with Grossman getting injured, but on the other hand the Packers shouldn't concern themselves with getting Javon Walker into camp because of the possibility of Donald Driver, who suffered a concussion and neck injury in last year's season opener, getting injured. (We had that discussion before Walker reported to camp.) My point is that you have said coaches can't go around worrying about injuries, but now your blaming Lovie Smith for not doing that.

Personally, I think BF1 nailed it on the head when he said that Lovie needed to play Grossman because he needs the snaps. When you have veterans that know the system and aren't going to really benefit from a lot of preseason work then you can rest them more.</div>

Hard to argue with that. I am sure he will [​IMG]

2. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DolfanDale)</div><div class='quotemain'>I'm not sure how, but you really missed my point. My point is that on one hand your blaming Lovie Smith for having Grossman in the ballgame because he should have concerned himself with Grossman getting injured, but on the other hand the Packers shouldn't concern themselves with getting Javon Walker into camp because of the possibility of Donald Driver, who suffered a concussion and neck injury in last year's season opener, getting injured. (We had that discussion before Walker reported to camp.) My point is that you have said coaches can't go around worrying about injuries, but now your blaming Lovie Smith for not doing that.

Personally, I think BF1 nailed it on the head when he said that Lovie needed to play Grossman because he needs the snaps. When you have veterans that know the system and aren't going to really benefit from a lot of preseason work then you can rest them more.</div>

It's really easy to argue with that. Walker has reported to camp and the Packers believed that he would eventually will. He did get 7 million up front when he signed the deal so he has money. Walker has had a good attitude and still does. Him and Favre are on the same page and are on really good terms now at least football wise. Walker just wants to play football. The point is Walker has reported and is ready to go. Why does this have to be an on going matter with you. When they get into contract negoations then we'll talk. My point is I disagree with you that the front office should renegoatiate his contract fearing an injury to Driver. Playing time is perfectly fine but if the Front office is gonna re do every contract because they fear an injury, then your team might be doomed for trouble. I never said anything about playing time I think that is important. Walker is in camp and is playing. He is motivated to prove he deserves top dollar money.

As for Grossman yea he needs snaps to get use to the offense but it's only the 2nd preseason game. In the 3rd and 4th get him going. 3 games is better than 2. Build his playing time up. Play him a half in the last game. That is what I see out of a lot of teams.It's to late now. He is gonna be gone for a while and hopefully for the Bears sake Orton or whoever they put in there can do something otherwise it's gonna be another long season on offense.

3. kcgsc

kcgsc Chiefs Enthusiast Extraordinaire

Man, tough break for Rex. I do feel bad for you Bears guys. I like to mess with you guys, but if we whip you I do want to do it against a healthy team. I know Rex must be frustrated right now. Do you guys expect to try to find a veteran to sign, or to let the younger guys try to step up? I hate to see injuries in the pre-season. Good luck to Da' Bears this season. I'll be rooting for some luck for you guys this year (unless you meet KC in the playoffs, of course).

4. BRavens

BRavens nfl-*****s member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (porky88)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DolfanDale)</div><div class='quotemain'>I'm not sure how, but you really missed my point. My point is that on one hand your blaming Lovie Smith for having Grossman in the ballgame because he should have concerned himself with Grossman getting injured, but on the other hand the Packers shouldn't concern themselves with getting Javon Walker into camp because of the possibility of Donald Driver, who suffered a concussion and neck injury in last year's season opener, getting injured. (We had that discussion before Walker reported to camp.) My point is that you have said coaches can't go around worrying about injuries, but now your blaming Lovie Smith for not doing that.

It's really easy to argue with that. Walker has reported to camp and the Packers believed that he would eventually will. He did get 7 million up front when he signed the deal so he has money. Walker has had a good attitude and still does. Him and Favre are on the same page and are on really good terms now at least football wise. Walker just wants to play football. The point is Walker has reported and is ready to go. Why does this have to be an on going matter with you. When they get into contract negoations then we'll talk. My point is I disagree with you that the front office should renegoatiate his contract fearing an injury to Driver. Playing time is perfectly fine but if the Front office is gonna re do every contract because they fear an injury, then your team might be doomed for trouble. I never said anything about playing time I think that is important. Walker is in camp and is playing. He is motivated to prove he deserves top dollar money.

As for Grossman yea he needs snaps to get use to the offense but it's only the 2nd preseason game. In the 3rd and 4th get him going. 3 games is better than 2. Build his playing time up. Play him a half in the last game. That is what I see out of a lot of teams.It's to late now. He is gonna be gone for a while and hopefully for the Bears sake Orton or whoever they put in there can do something otherwise it's gonna be another long season on offense.</div>

You both make good points. Porky makes good points in which Walke is in camp and playing and thats what the Packers want. dolfan makes good points in which if Walker would of held out and Driver went down then the Pack have nobody. So that would give Walker more levrage.

As for Grossman I agree with Porky in that Grossman should play a lot in the last preseason game. He probably does no the offense well and by the 4th preseason game he could of played a half and then would be ready for Washington but it's not the Bears or Grossmans fault he got hurt. It's just the wrong place at the wrong time. It's the NFL and injuries happen and I think thats what dolfan was trying to say in his post about Javon Walker. Grossman just can't catch a break in his career and I hope when he comes back in like week 8 or 9 he plays well.

5. panthersare#1

panthersare#1 The GM

Grossman needs to drink a gallon of milk a day, and then maybe he can stay healthy

6. Bearsfan1

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (panthersare#1)</div><div class='quotemain'>Grossman needs to drink a gallon of milk a day, and then maybe he can stay healthy</div>

Wow, i dont know what is sadder. The fact you have almost a 1000 posts or the fact this was the most clever post you have made.

7. vikingfan

vikingfan nfl-*****s member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (porky88)</div><div class='quotemain'>Walker just wants to play football.</div>

A little off topic, but this is simply not true. If Walker just wanted to play football, then he would just play football. Instead, Walker wants to play football and be paid top dollar for doing so.

Off topic, but I like clarity. [​IMG]

I think you did miss DD's point about worrying about injuries. Let me try to summarize:

You said that coaches should't worry about injuries, but they shouldn't have played Grossman because they should have been afraid of him getting injured.

See the contradiction? Your argument seemd to argue a point that wasn't being explicitly made.

8. panthersare#1

panthersare#1 The GM

Some QBs can take shots and some cant. David Carr was sacked like 78 times during his rookie season, and he didnt have a huge injury. Grossman just doesnt seem like could play a entire season

9. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (vikingfan)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (porky88)</div><div class='quotemain'> Walker just wants to play football.</div>

A little off topic, but this is simply not true. If Walker just wanted to play football, then he would just play football. Instead, Walker wants to play football and be paid top dollar for doing so.

Off topic, but I like clarity. [​IMG]

I think you did miss DD's point about worrying about injuries. Let me try to summarize:

You said that coaches should't worry about injuries, but they shouldn't have played Grossman because they should have been afraid of him getting injured.

See the contradiction? Your argument seemd to argue a point that wasn't being explicitly made.</div>

If I typed coaches my bad. Front office. The front office shouldn't redo someones contract for a fear that someone else might get hurt. Otherwise all holdouts would be redone. From what Walker said he wants to play football. If he didn't then he wouldn't of reported and would of held out until he got his way.

Plus playing starters that late in a game that early in the preseason was the coaches decision. I would of waited til the last preseason game and then played him the half. In the preseason you shouldn't play your guy that late but you shouldn't redo a contract because you think someone is gonna get hurt. Do you see my point.

10. GoChiagobears

GoChiagobears nfl-*****s member

oh no way u did not just say the pack will beat the bears now over one guy are u crazy i like to see try to throw is crap over our Defence and wake up he should of left and is about to have the worst season as a packer the bears have been first in D for 2 years in our Disivion and i think the bears will kick most teams in d maybe not win but yea and i think the offense is fine now maybe we dont have a number 4 in the back round but not every team has that and they win, packer fans never can abmit that there team is losein there winin ways.

11. GoChiagobears

and another thing no packer fan can talk cuz when grossman met ur crrap team we killed u so i dont wanna hear pack talk maybe hes gone but the bears will do what they can do with there new offense and the d is gonna kill badly.

12. GoChiagobears

tillmen looks like he will be one of the best coners.

13. panthersare#1

panthersare#1 The GM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GoChiagobears)</div><div class='quotemain'>oh no way u did not just say the pack will beat the bears now over one guy are u crazy i like to see try to throw is crap over our Defence and wake up he should of left and is about to have the worst season as a packer the bears have been first in D for 2 years in our Disivion and i think the bears will kick most teams in d maybe not win but yea and i think the offense is fine now maybe we dont have a number 4 in the back round but not every team has that and they win, packer fans never can abmit that there team is losein there winin ways.</div>

your defense isnt good enough for a crappy backup to win 8 games, so dont expect them to have a winning season unless they trade for a QB.

14. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GoChiagobears)</div><div class='quotemain'>and another thing no packer fan can talk cuz when grossman met ur crrap team we killed u so i dont wanna hear pack talk maybe hes gone but the bears will do what they can do with there new offense and the d is gonna kill badly.</div>

uhm you really shouldn't talk trash until you beat the Packers or the Vikings. You can have bragging rights on the Lions but for now but the Packers have won the NFC North since it's been the NFC North with the Vikings close behind every year and I believe the Bears haven't had much sucess. Packers for sure will get one and probably 2 on the Bears this year. Especially with Grossman out.

15. panthersare#1

panthersare#1 The GM

The Bears offense will suck next year and thats a fact.

16. Bearsfan1

Talk the trash up. What happened in the past means nothing. Plus, it is just trash talk. Dont worry if a few thin skinned pack fans and one crazy panther fan who hasnt had one smart comment about football stop you. Go Chicago Bears! We will still win the North. Our defense is that good, and either Hutch Orton or Blake will get job done.

17. panthersare#1

panthersare#1 The GM

Right now they cant win the divison, unless they trade for a QB. Hutchinson and Orton arent going to be the anwser. You should know this because last year the Bears were last in ever thing offense

18. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BearsFan1)</div><div class='quotemain'>Talk the trash up. What happened in the past means nothing. Plus, it is just trash talk. Dont worry if a few thin skinned pack fans and one crazy panther fan who hasnt had one smart comment about football stop you. Go Chicago Bears! We will still win the North. Our defense is that good, and either Hutch Orton or Blake will get job done.</div>

I am gonna hold evey word you said to you. I'm saving this in word so I don't forget and I can remember this.

19. panthersare#1

panthersare#1 The GM

when the bears are 4th in the divison were gonna make sure you know it for calling us dumb

20. Bearsfan1

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (panthersare#1)</div><div class='quotemain'>when the bears are 4th in the divison were gonna make sure you know it for calling us dumb</div>

I am not calling porky dumb, he may annoy me, but he isnt dumb