Grossmen

Discussion in 'NFC North' started by GoChiagobears, Dec 18, 2005.

1. Bearsfan1

Bearsfan1 2 Time Defending FF Champion

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (porky88)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BearsFan1)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (porky88)</div><div class='quotemain'>

You guys are hyping yourselves up as Super Contenders now and when you look at the team after one game you don't look any better than you did before. I don't dislike Rex. I don't dislike Orton... I just don't believe you guys can hype a QB up like you've been doing so far. Give him sometime. What if he gets hurt again or continues to play as bad as he has in the past. It's not like you have a sure thing coming off the bench like you continue to say... These next couple games will let me get a first hand look at Rex...</div>
    He has 7 games played [​IMG]</div>
    That's my point. In those seven games his career passer rating is worse than Mike Vick someone who you always point out to be a bad QB because of the passer rating. Grossmen has only 3 career TD's in 7 games played. That's not even ONE touchdown pass a game.. He also only averages about 162 yards passing a game which is not very good. Yet you consider yourselves legit contenders now... So after one game this season that Grossmen plays he doesn't look as if he made any progress what so ever.. and neither did the Bears passing game..</div>
    I think he has made progress. I dont think you watched game and saw difference in offense. I think you are merely stating an opposing opinion to me, becuase you are hoping to throw enough darts at the board on these issues that you are finally right.

2. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BearsFan1)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (porky88)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BearsFan1)</div><div class='quotemain'>He has 7 games played [​IMG]</div>
    That's my point. In those seven games his career passer rating is worse than Mike Vick someone who you always point out to be a bad QB because of the passer rating. Grossmen has only 3 career TD's in 7 games played. That's not even ONE touchdown pass a game.. He also only averages about 162 yards passing a game which is not very good. Yet you consider yourselves legit contenders now... So after one game this season that Grossmen plays he doesn't look as if he made any progress what so ever.. and neither did the Bears passing game..</div>
    I think he has made progress. I dont think you watched game and saw difference in offense. I think you are merely stating an opposing opinion to me, becuase you are hoping to throw enough darts at the board on these issues that you are finally right.</div>
    I watched most of the 2nd half and I noticed very little improvement. Is it an improvement over Orton? Yeah.. Is it enough this early to say your a legit contender now. No way.. Now if he comes out and plays solid against the Packers and Vikings, I'll admitt that the Bears are a legit contender for the Super Bowl. If he doesn't I expect them to be one and done. From what I saw on Sunday with his 47.1 rating and of course you of all people rate QB's high on rating.. Example: Mike Vick and you know the formula as well... Rex Grossman is not a good QB at this moment in time.

3. GoChiagobears

GoChiagobears nfl-*****s member

he played one game damn and he has had some freak injurys give the man a chance and go watch favre!

4. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GoChiagobears)</div><div class='quotemain'>he played one game damn and he has had some freak injurys give the man a chance and go watch favre!</div>
    According to BF1 he's played 7 throughout his career. Sounds accurate to me. If you look it like I am right now and he's played one game with this Bears team your right.. ONE fricken game.. so maybe your not what you think you are. A Super Bowl contender. If you've done any reading through this thread you would of noticed I stated that if Grossman comes out and plays well against the Pack and Vike then I can consider the Bears a contender.. If not it's one and done just like in 2001 I think it was..

Edit: Favre has nothing to do with this... Try not to lose your composure.

5. Bearsfan1

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (porky88)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BearsFan1)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (porky88)</div><div class='quotemain'>
    I think he has made progress. I dont think you watched game and saw difference in offense. I think you are merely stating an opposing opinion to me, becuase you are hoping to throw enough darts at the board on these issues that you are finally right.</div>
    I watched most of the 2nd half and I noticed very little improvement. Is it an improvement over Orton? Yeah.. Is it enough this early to say your a legit contender now. No way.. Now if he comes out and plays solid against the Packers and Vikings, I'll admitt that the Bears are a legit contender for the Super Bowl. If he doesn't I expect them to be one and done. From what I saw on Sunday with his 47.1 rating and of course you of all people rate QB's high on rating.. Example: Mike Vick and you know the formula as well... Rex Grossman is not a good QB at this moment in time.</div>
    I am sure i never denounced vick as a bad QB rating of a perioud of one game.

6. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BearsFan1)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (porky88)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BearsFan1)</div><div class='quotemain'>
    I watched most of the 2nd half and I noticed very little improvement. Is it an improvement over Orton? Yeah.. Is it enough this early to say your a legit contender now. No way.. Now if he comes out and plays solid against the Packers and Vikings, I'll admitt that the Bears are a legit contender for the Super Bowl. If he doesn't I expect them to be one and done. From what I saw on Sunday with his 47.1 rating and of course you of all people rate QB's high on rating.. Example: Mike Vick and you know the formula as well... Rex Grossman is not a good QB at this moment in time.</div>
    I am sure i never denounced vick as a bad QB rating of a perioud of one game.</div>
    Grossman's QB rating after 7 games is 68.9.. That's not very good. Right now it's up in the air about Grossman.

7. Bearsfan1

I am sure i never denounced vick as a bad QB rating of a perioud of one game.</div>
    Grossman's QB rating after 7 games is 68.9.. That's not very good. Right now it's up in the air about Grossman.</div>
    I disagree with your assessment of the situation and of Grossman

8. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BearsFan1)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (porky88)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BearsFan1)</div><div class='quotemain'>
    Grossman's QB rating after 7 games is 68.9.. That's not very good. Right now it's up in the air about Grossman.</div>
    I disagree with your assessment of the situation and of Grossman</div>
    68.9 QB Rating..

Here's the link http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/396159

Now like I said before if he comes out and plays great the next two weeks then yeah Chicago is going to be a tough team to beat in the playoffs... If not then they'll always have a big weakness which will hold them back until it's fixed.

9. Wannab Favre

Wannab Favre nfl-*****s member

Yeah but we aren't comparing him to any of the greats, what we are doing is comparing him to what orton has done and you gotta admit he looked sharp out there on certain plays, and Im hoping with some more reps in practice he will do a job for us...

10. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

See I disagree in comparing him to Orton.. Not matter what he was going to come out looking like a solid QB if you compare him to a 4th round rookie who has a 59.9 rating..

You need to compare him to teams similar to the Bears. The bucs who had Brad Johnson.. The Ravens who had Trent Dilfer. Yeah they might not be the prettiest of names but they provided leadership and a decent passing game.. Grossman isn't on that kind of a level yet.. Maybe he can pick it up the next couple of weeks.

11. GoChiagobears

he isnt on that kinda level? the guy hasnt had a chance to play, but im sure he is at a pretty high level and being out so long he is gonna wanna do some good things out there. He knows the play book and all that im not even worryed about this.

12. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GoChiagobears)</div><div class='quotemain'>he isnt on that kinda level? the guy hasnt had a chance to play, but im sure he is at a pretty high level and being out so long he is gonna wanna do some good things out there. He knows the play book and all that im not even worryed about this.</div>
    Your telling me he is on that kind of a level. What has he done to show you that he's playing to the level that he can manage a game and lead the bears much like Johnson lead the Bucs.. He's done nothing, you said it yourself he hasn't played much. It's way up in the air about this guy and you should be worried about a passing game because without one your going to finish tied for last in the NFL with 30 other teams.. You'll just get to watch your team play in January. If he establishes a passing attack then yeah you'll have a chance to do some great things. If he plays like he did Sunday Night then the Bears will go no where...

13. panthersare#1

panthersare#1 The GM

Atlanta could have won that game if they didnt fumble the Interception. That fumble could have changed the tide of the game. The bears just got lucky

14. MKIV_Supra

MKIV_Supra 2006 NFL-*****s FF Grand Champion

Why won't you compare Kyle Orton with the other Kyle in your signature Porky. That should clear things up.

15. Bearsfan1

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (panthersare#1)</div><div class='quotemain'>Atlanta could have won that game if they didnt fumble the Interception. That fumble could have changed the tide of the game. The bears just got lucky</div>
    didnt get lucky when we smoked the panthers LOL

16. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MKIV_Supra)</div><div class='quotemain'>Why won't you compare Kyle Orton with the other Kyle in your signature Porky. That should clear things up.</div>
    That makes no sense at all... What does Kyle Boller have to do with the Bears, Orton, and Grossman... besides that him and Orton share the same first name...

17. JustBry07

JustBry07 The Underdog

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (panthersare#1)</div><div class='quotemain'>Atlanta could have won that game if they didnt fumble the Interception. That fumble could have changed the tide of the game. The bears just got lucky</div>
    Oh you mean that fumbled INT that could have been prevented. You know if Jason Webster didn't hit his own player and knock the ball out of his hands and if Keion Carpenter had of just stayed on the ground after the INT instead of trying to make a play down on our own GL. What a retarded play, I was freaking out on the television when I saw that one. That whole game was a joke as far as the Falcons were concerned. They had better come out flying against the Bucs on Saturday.

FYI - This has absolutely nothing to do with the topic but everything about that game still irks me and I just had to vent a little bit of the frustration. Sorry ya'll.

18. GoChiagobears

yea but no one is lucky u either win or you dont and Rex moved the ball. and porky the packers are like 8th in the pass are we going to see you in the play offs? enough said. Grossman will manage the game but bring more yards in the passing game for the bears.

19. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GoChiagobears)</div><div class='quotemain'>yea but no one is lucky u either win or you dont and Rex moved the ball. and porky the packers are like 8th in the pass are we going to see you in the play offs? enough said. Grossman will manage the game but bring more yards in the passing game for the bears.</div>
    Why do you keep bringing the Packers into this... Congrats on the playoffs but if you don't win the Super Bowl which you won't because of a lack of a GOOD QB your tied for 2nd to last in the NFL.. The only difference is you got to see one or two more games.. I'm betting one..

Also get it through your head that if Grossman plays well these next two weeks I'll admit the Bears are contenders but if he plays like he did against Atlanta they are pretenders. At this moment they are pretenders because of their offense.. Real shame to because that defense is one of the best in years.. Next year could be different though.. You guys are very young and are going to be strong for a couple of years now. To take the next step you need a passing attack.. If Grossman wouldn't of got hurt maybe he would of made more progression but the reality is he did get hurt and he played poor against the Falcons on Sunday.

20. Bearsfan1

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (porky88)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GoChiagobears)</div><div class='quotemain'>yea but no one is lucky u either win or you dont and Rex moved the ball. and porky the packers are like 8th in the pass are we going to see you in the play offs? enough said. Grossman will manage the game but bring more yards in the passing game for the bears.</div>
    Why do you keep bringing the Packers into this... Congrats on the playoffs but if you don't win the Super Bowl which you won't because of a lack of a GOOD QB your tied for 2nd to last in the NFL.. The only difference is you got to see one or two more games.. I'm betting one..

Also get it through your head that if Grossman plays well these next two weeks I'll admit the Bears are contenders but if he plays like he did against Atlanta they are pretenders. At this moment they are pretenders because of their offense.. Real shame to because that defense is one of the best in years.. Next year could be different though.. You guys are very young and are going to be strong for a couple of years now. To take the next step you need a passing attack.. If Grossman wouldn't of got hurt maybe he would of made more progression but the reality is he did get hurt and he played poor against the Falcons on Sunday.</div>
    Enjoy your Bears Avatar