GT: Nets vs Kings

Discussion in 'Brooklyn Nets' started by kobimel, Jan 5, 2009.

1. AhLian

AhLian (L) China

He's thrown quite a few very nice bounce passes this year. Several to Vince Carter.

2. JRon

JRon Member

I'm sure this has been said already, but i'm too busy studying. just wanted to give credit where it's due:
    Yi's BEST GAME AS A NET!
    Not b/c he had lots of threes, but because he was aggressive, if not tenacious, on both sides of the floor, AND he attacked the rim! He also seemed as consistently "connected" all night as I've seen him.
    We could actually be a force if we could get this kind of night from either Bobby or Yi every night, I don't care who.
    ...sorry, someone just smacked me.... got ahead of myself.

3. Tang Man

Tang Man Member

Agreed. Posting up isn't going to be his main game. The Nets don't need him to be either with Lopez around.

Agreed about facing up being his main game in the look run. However it would be nice if he can post up as well as a secondary weapon. Yi and Lopez have the potential to compliment each other's games quite well, which is a positive for the Nets in the long run.

4. ebc

ebc Member

I agree absolutly, I know Yi's can and can't and already said in other post, Yi would be a good post player, would be very good, I say it again, he is way more effective in the post, especially in the deep post.

5. ebc

ebc Member

Other than offense game, Yi's defense game has been improved, he is a more consistent player due to his defense game.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2009
  6. Tang Man

Tang Man Member

7. Tang Man

Tang Man Member

Dave D'Alessandro was very impressed by Yi's footwork last night.

I guess Dave must have watch a lot of basketball and see 7'0" guys put the ball on the floor on the perimeter and then pivot for a shot every day. He should be a scout instead of a reporter.

[​IMG]

Yep the image clearly shows Yi putting both hands on Miller's back and shoved him out of bounce. Great observation skills from Dave D.

8. Polkovnik_Alex

Polkovnik_Alex New Member

Mike Miller was blocked by the bottom of the backboard if you look closely. I saw that during a replay as I was watching the game. Yi didn't block or push him, but he probably influenced the shot.

9. wireonfire

wireonfire JBB JustBBall Member

10. Malorkayel

Malorkayel Member

Dave D. is usually bitter. However, I would say majority of writers and fans were down on Yi. They instinctively takes jabs at him. The Nets this year was suppose to be utter crap. All the writers even local writers because they love and respect Kidd and RJ thought the Nets would fail. It didn't make sense to them how a team can improve after trading 2 of your best players.

Nets did improve, the credit all went to Harris and VC which they deserved. This kind of made Yi and Simmons easy targets as goats... which they also deserved to some extent.