GT: Nuggets at Jazz

Discussion in 'Utah Jazz' started by Stockton, Apr 11, 2007.

1. Stockton

Stockton JBB

<div align="center">[​IMG] at [​IMG]
    <font color=""royalblue"">Denver Nuggets</font> (41-36) at <font color=""Navy"">Utah Jazz</font> (48-29)</div>

Date: Wednesday 11th April, 7:00 PM (MST)
    Local TV: FSN / Altitude
    National TV: NBALP

Last Game

<font color=""royalblue"">Nuggets:</font> Lakers 111 at Nuggets 115
    <font color=""Navy"">Jazz:</font> Jazz 102 at Warriors 126

Streak

<font color=""Royalblue"">Nuggets:</font> Won 6
    <font color=""navy"">Jazz:</font> Lost 4

Last Ten

<font color=""RoyalBlue"">Nuggets:</font> 7-3
    <font color=""Navy"">Jazz:</font> 4-6

<div align="center">Projected Starters

<font color=""RoyalBlue"">Nuggets</font>

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    <font size=""1"">Steve Blake, Allen Iverson, Carmelo Anthony, Nene, Marcus Camby</font>

<font color=""Navy"">Jazz</font>

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    <font size=""1"">Deron Williams, Derek Fisher, Ronnie Brewer, Carlos Boozer, Mehmet Okur</font></div>

Prediction

Jazz by 6. Don't ask.

2. Marbire

Marbire JBB JustBBall Member

Oh now you've inspired me. Jazz by 8. Time to get back on track. Expect huge games from Williams and Boozer.

3. J_Ray

J_Ray JBB JustBBall Member

I bet Utah comes out flat and gets it handed to them. We're only 3 games ahead of the Raptors for pick #22 [​IMG]

Nuggets by 13

4. Answer_AI03

Answer_AI03 JBB JustBBall Member

The nuggets are on a roll now and i just dont see them slowing down before the playoffs. I say nuggets by 10 and will not lose another game for the rest of the year.

5. lil nba

lil nba JBB JustBBall Member

Yea baby the nuggssss are about to give u guys the bizz.. I feel for u jazz fans its over for u guys..
    All i can say is Go Nuggets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. Marbire

Williams had 18 pts, 14 assists, and 6 rebounds. Boozer was 2 assists shy of a triple double at 19, 14, and 8. Harpring had a 31 pt night, 2 away from his career high.

Jazz lose. Again.

Boozer needs to step up in the clutch. When we NEED him to score, he needs to get to the hole.

7. durvasa

durvasa JBB Rockets Fan

<div class="quote_poster">Marbire Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Williams had 18 pts, 14 assists, and 6 rebounds. Boozer was 2 assists shy of a triple double at 19, 14, and 8. Harpring had a 31 pt night, 2 away from his career high.

Jazz lose. Again.

Boozer needs to step up in the clutch. When we NEED him to score, he needs to get to the hole.</div>

When your players are putting up big stats like that and you still lose, you know the main problem must be defense, not offense.

8. Marbire

<div class="quote_poster">durvasa Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">When your players are putting up big stats like that and you still lose, you know the main problem must be defense, not offense.</div>

Yeah, I know. In the 4th quarter we did one of our usual small runs that comes too late. And everytime we made a good basket, Denver would just come back and nail a 3 or get a 3 pt play. Maybe we need AK back, our defense is lacking.

But then again, Denver shot 20 more freethrows than us. This all-star reputaion sh!t is annoying.

9. XSV

XSV JBB The Virve Dynasty

Maybe they deserved to take more FT'S? You're whining about all-star calls is getting annoying. The Jazz are just not a deep enough team to contend right now, and they still have a serious hole at the shooting guard spot. Sloan has to learn to develop rookies right away, and the front office has to be willing to spend this offseason.

10. J_Ray

J_Ray JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">XSV Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Maybe they deserved to take more FT'S? You're whining about all-star calls is getting annoying. The Jazz are just not a deep enough team to contend right now, and they still have a serious hole at the shooting guard spot. Sloan has to learn to develop rookies right away, and the front office has to be willing to spend this offseason.</div>

You probably didn't see the game, so you can't say Melo shouldn't be called for using a chicken wing to make room and then getting the foul called on his defender. It's BS that 90% the time they let him use that chicken wing to get room and shoot. Then on the other end, they didn't give Utah nearly as many calls as they should of.

Utah is a deep enough team, just their coach doesn't know how to use them. Just because rookies don't play doesn't mean they're not being developed. Sloan is just so damn stubborn that he makes the players appreciate the floor everytime they see it. Brewer and Hoffa have done good in the limited time they've been given, just Sloan doesn't let them see the floor enough to get experience. So when they show that spike of inconsistentcy, instead of letting them work through it, he benches them. Dee Brown is another rookie he did that too, and if you saw the game yesterday, you would say the same thing. Dee Brown played some stellar defense on AI, and really gave Utah a spark off the bench. Not only did he play great D, he made 3 3-pointers that lifted Utah when they were down. If Sloan just used Brown and Brewer the whole year, they'd be experienced right now and Utah wouldn't have to worry about a drop-off in experience with injuries.

11. Stockton

Stockton JBB

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">You've heard of Allen Iverson and Carmelo Anthony, right?
    Exactly.
    Jazz coach Jerry Sloan suggested the reputation and popularity of the two superstars was one of the big reasons the Denver Nuggets managed to shoot 33 free throws - they made 29 of them, while the Jazz hit just 9 of 13 - in a 115-106 victory over his Jazz at EnergySolutions Arena on Wednesday night.
    "When you've got players, I guess, with reputations, that gives you an opportunity to be able to get to the free-throw line," he said. "We're a young team, and we don't have that ability, I guess, in a lot of people's minds, and we're not supposed to have it happen. But I thought our guys finally played hard." </div>

<div align="center">Source</div>

Even Sloan is raising the issue. He's normally a coach that's quick to praise the opposition, and rarely compliments his own side.

I don't think that depth is the issue for the Jazz, it's defense. During the last four games, all losses, the Jazz have given up a minimum of 106 points. While Kirilenko may be struggling this season, he's still a valuable presence defensively.