GT: Playoffs 2007 - 1st Round - Rockets vs. Jazz G7

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets' started by tracymcgrady_01, May 3, 2007.

1. tracymcgrady_01

tracymcgrady_01 JBB JustBBall Member

This is a big game, hopefully game 7 is won by the rockets. What do yall think?

2. foo82

foo82 JBB JustBBall Member

To me, this is anyone's game. Unless, Rockets decide to step it up. Anyways what time is it at? I have a final on Saturday that ends at 12. I heard from a friend that it starts at 1 though.. If it does, I might head home and watch the game. If it starts at night, then I will stay at school and study.

3. DaRocket

DaRocket JBB JustBBall Member

It is going to start at 9:30

I hope we can play well at least one time in this series, because we already didn't, and so get the victory. If not, we are going to lose and next year drastical changes must be made.

4. Marbire

Marbire JBB JustBBall Member

The games at 9:30 eastern. I have to work so I will miss game 7 entirely [​IMG].

Anyways, I really don't know what to predict. It's going to be a battle. Hometeam has won every single game in this series, but at the same time the Jazz have gotten closer to winning on the road than Houston has. And they have some momentum. I'm gonna miss a good game...

5. Pakman

Pakman JBB ITS ON ME!!!

I have a feeling this game is going to go to overtime.

Everything is riding on this game. If we lose in 1st round, I can guarantee Tmac will be traded or we will do something dumb ... wasting Yao's talent. ALL THIS RIDES ON THIS ONE GAME.

6. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Pakman Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">I have a feeling this game is going to go to overtime.

Everything is riding on this game. If we lose in 1st round, I can guarantee Tmac will be traded or we will do something dumb ... wasting Yao's talent. ALL THIS RIDES ON THIS ONE GAME.</div>

Wow I wouldn't bet on Tracy getting traded, more like JVG getting the boot. Honestly as much as I love Shane's D and hard play it's time like this when I wish the Maggette deal would have gone thru.

7. ROCK4LIFE

ROCK4LIFE Active Member

<div class="quote_poster">Pakman Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">I have a feeling this game is going to go to overtime.

Everything is riding on this game. If we lose in 1st round, I can guarantee Tmac will be traded or we will do something dumb ... wasting Yao's talent. ALL THIS RIDES ON THIS ONE GAME.</div>
    I don't think Mcgrady will be traded, but hopefully we'll get a coach who can implement a better offensive scheme. With a few trades and a coach actually willing to give athletic players a chance (hint,hint[​IMG]) we'll be fine. But with that said, I still expect us to win on Saturday[​IMG]

We're gonna need for Tmac to play his best game of the season. If ur gonna make comments like he's made, you gotta step up.

<div class="quote_poster">Blurr#7 Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Wow I wouldn't bet on Tracy getting traded, more like JVG getting the boot. Honestly as much as I love Shane's D and hard play it's time like this when I wish the Maggette deal would have gone thru.</div>
    I disagree. Maggette would be brought in just to be sitting right next to Bonzi. Though he's incredibley athletic, he wouldn't last a week in JVG's system.

8. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Rock4life Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">
    I disagree. Maggette would be brought in just to be sitting right next to Bonzi. Though he's incredibley athletic, he wouldn't last a week in JVG's system.</div>

The funny thing is you're probably right, but we'll never know for sure. I really don't hink JVG will get that extension if we lose in the first round.

9. Trip

Trip 2000000000000000000000000

Student

Think of how far we can go if we can make it out of this series too; the Warriors are coming off the high of beating Dallas but realistically I can see us taking it in 6 games, although we'd definitely have to win on the road to make that happen. Then we'll face San Antonio or Phoenix who will most likely be coming off a tiring 7-game series; win that and boom! We're in the Finals. It's definitely doable, this year might be our best chance to make the Finals, because you know Dallas won't flame out next year.

10. ownage

ownage JBB JustBBall Member

Everyone Be There! ! !

11. umair

umair "Never underestimate the heart of a champion."

If we lose man, I will cry!!!!!!!

12. tracymcgrady_01

tracymcgrady_01 JBB JustBBall Member

i got a suite for this game, rox are 14-0 including the playoffs when im at the game this season

13. perrypan

perrypan JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Locke Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">this year might be our best chance to make the Finals, because you know Dallas won't flame out next year.</div>

I am a huge Rockets fan too, but I think Rockets play really bad in playoff so far. Utah is not that great actually...Rockets make them look good. Why do u think Rockets can beat Warriors? And then Spurs or Suns? I watched couple Warriors' game...They play so hard...like there's no tomorrow..How about T-Mac? I don't see we can go very far this yr...

14. igotask8board

igotask8board Active Member

I can't sleep, can't stop thinking about game 7. I just did 21 push ups for my Rockets.

Luther Head has to step up tonight. He is our key to the second round.

EDIT:
    Look, if you had one shot, or one opportunity
    To seize everything you ever wanted-One moment
    Would you capture it or just let it slip?

His palms are sweaty, knees weak, arms are heavy
    There's vomit on his sweater already, mom's spaghetti
    He's nervous, but on the surface he looks calm and ready
    To drop bombs, but he keeps on forgettin
    What he wrote down, the whole crowd goes so loud
    He opens his mouth, but the words won't come out
    He's chokin, how everybody's jokin now
    The clock's run out, time's up over, bloah!
    Snap back to reality, Oh there goes gravity
    Oh, there goes Rabbit, he choked
    He's so mad, but he won't give up that
    Easy, no
    He won't have it , he knows his whole back's to these ropes
    It don't matter, he's dope
    He knows that, but he's broke
    He's so stagnant that he knows
    When he goes back to his mobile home, that's when it's
    Back to the lab again yo
    This whole rap ****
    He better go capture this moment and hope it don't pass him

You better lose yourself in the music, the moment
    You own it, you better never let it go
    You only get one shot, do not miss your chance to blow
    This opportunity comes once in a lifetime yo

Yea, okay, Eminem isn't what he used to be, whatever.

15. umair

umair "Never underestimate the heart of a champion."

<div class="quote_poster">Locke Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Think of how far we can go if we can make it out of this series too; the Warriors are coming off the high of beating Dallas but realistically I can see us taking it in 6 games, although we'd definitely have to win on the road to make that happen. Then we'll face San Antonio or Phoenix who will most likely be coming off a tiring 7-game series; win that and boom! We're in the Finals. It's definitely doable, this year might be our best chance to make the Finals, because you know Dallas won't flame out next year.</div>

Man, you're optimistic.. thanks for that. Got my all hyped up from being down now..

16. Pakman

Pakman JBB ITS ON ME!!!

<div class="quote_poster">Locke Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Think of how far we can go if we can make it out of this series too; the Warriors are coming off the high of beating Dallas but realistically I can see us taking it in 6 games, although we'd definitely have to win on the road to make that happen. Then we'll face San Antonio or Phoenix who will most likely be coming off a tiring 7-game series; win that and boom! We're in the Finals. It's definitely doable, this year might be our best chance to make the Finals, because you know Dallas won't flame out next year.</div>

Man, you're optimistic.. thanks for that. Got my all hyped up from being down now..

17. Mr. J

Mr. J Triple Up

The biggest statistic of the series is every team has won at home. This should give Houston some added confidence. It will also be interesting to see how McGrady plays, especially after putting all the pressure on himself to finally get our of the first round.

To me, this has been the most interesting series of the first round (even over Golden State vs. Dallas). Should be even more interesting next round against Golden State.

18. The Dream

The Dream mama there goes that man!

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">If we lose man, I will cry!!!!!!!</div>

me to.........and for various reasons

A. My season as a rowdie will be over with
    B. The Rockets will be done
    C. JVG will probably be gone so that means no red rowdies next year (unless we get a sponsor)
    D. I think there's an actual possibility that Tmac might be gone (eventhough I hope it doesn't happen, because I love Tracy)
    E. I'm getting pretty close to infiltrating into the rockets power dancers crew (I know somebody that knows somebody) so I'll have a chance to holler at the one power dancer that I've had my eyes on all season...
    F. No more taunting fans from opposing teams

All I'll say is Tmac has to get 25-30 tonight and Yao must do the same and they must do it on a good shooting percentage from the field (that means taking it to the basket for Tracy and getting better position down low for Yao)....we need to stay away from bad shots and guys like Head,Howard,Shane, and Rafer HAVE to hit their open looks and we must take care of the ball .....we must also contain Okur and Kirelinko, they've been finding their touch lately so we need to lock down on them defensively to make sure they're not a big part of the game.

19. moeinhouston

moeinhouston JBB JustBBall Member

I think the more important guys are Skip, Luther and Shane.
    They have to be hitting shots. Utah's fault if they lose for handing the Rockets home court down the stretch of the season, because those guys play better at home.

I wanna see Snyder get some early min.

20. The Dream

The Dream mama there goes that man!

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">I wanna see Snyder get some early min.
    </div>

I doubt he even sees the floor...