GT: Playoffs 2007 - 1st Round - Rockets vs. Jazz G7

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets' started by tracymcgrady_01, May 3, 2007.

1. ownage

ownage JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Mercury Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">What the hell did the Rockets just do? Mac and Battier were just watching Williams dribble, instead of fouling him.</div>

Thats what I was wondering... there was what 7 secs left? Williams could hold the ball the rest of the time and not advance past half if he wanted to. WOW nice call JVG.

2. Miami Flash City

Miami Flash City JBB All Day

Damn man, how do you not foul in that situation.. Feel terrible for Tmac [​IMG]

3. NJNetz

NJNetz BBW Banned

<div class="quote_poster">Miami Flash City Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Damn man, how do you not foul in that situation.. Feel terrible for Tmac [​IMG]</div>

I don't, since he was one of the two idiots just standing there.

4. AKIRA

AKIRA GO LAKERS!!!

more things
    well it all over for the rockets, i hope jvg is gone and you guys pick up a decent coach and another good player. i think you guys need a better pg and a better PF, then you would be able to contend for the title

5. ownage

<div class="quote_poster">Mercury Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">I don't, since he was one of the two idiots just standing there.</div>

Obviously JVG told them not to. Why else wouldnt they foul?

6. Legacy

Legacy Beast

<div class="quote_poster">Mercury Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">I don't, since he was one of the two idiots just standing there.</div>

[​IMG]

That's messed. [​IMG]

7. Trip

Trip 2000000000000000000000000

Student
    Well in the end the better team won, and you just have to give it to the Jazz. They were resilient as hell and when it looked like Houston took control with a 6-point lead, the Jazz came back to tie it and lead. Whenever the Rockets came back, Utah was able to storm on and maintain a reachable margin. Tracy was too passive, even in the end. I guess he lacks the killer instinct still but in this game I thought he did all he could. Stumbled up a few times but leading the comeback in itself was amazing. I don't know what the team was doing not fouling but you can't really fault them. We simply couldn't stop Boozer this game and he made us play.

Congrats to Utah, and once Houston gains one more piece this summer I think we can reach the next level.

8. tinyballer

tinyballer JBB JustBBall Member

Which coach would tell his players not to foul if there is only eight seconds left after they already have not gotten the steal.

9. Legacy

Legacy Beast

<div class="quote_poster">tinyballer Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Which coach would tell his players not to foul if there is only eight seconds left after they already have not gotten the steal.</div>

My thoughts exactly. I think that T-Mac and Battier had brain farts.

10. NJNetz

NJNetz BBW Banned

<div class="quote_poster">ownage Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Obviously JVG told them not to. Why else wouldnt they foul?</div>

Well it's common sense. I remember in the closing seconds Jason Kidd was shooting a free throw, and Coach Frank told him to make it. He did the opposite by missing it on purpose, so the opponent had no chance at a shot. Nets won.

I'm sorry, but Mac should have fouled.

11. Trip

Student
    I guess Battier and TMac just thought they could force the pass or that the other would foul, and the miscommunication just caused the game.

12. ownage

<div class="quote_poster">Locke Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">I guess Battier and TMac just thought they could force the pass or that the other would foul, and the miscommunication just caused the game.</div>

There was less than 8 secs left, Williams could hold the ball for the rest of the game!

13. Trip

Student
    <div class="quote_poster">ownage Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">There was less than 8 secs left, Williams could hold the ball for the rest of the game!</div>
    And if he had held it to 6 seconds left, one of them would have fouled. You just can't start pointing fingers on one play when plenty others caused us the loss. The absence of that foul stands out but there's no one you can blame until we know why that happened.

14. ownage

<div class="quote_poster">Locke Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">And if he had held it to 6 seconds left, one of them would have fouled. You just can't start pointing fingers on one play when plenty others caused us the loss. The absence of that foul stands out but there's no one you can blame until we know why that happened.</div>

Im not saying that was the main cause in the loss, but I was just frustrated with the outcome. Honestly at the end, I dont even think AK got touched, so the game would have been over.

15. steam03

steam03 JBB JustBBall Member

the refs did all they could to help the rockets get back or win....but fkin jvg's play is what killed them.

tmac soo diappointed n tears shed in the live conference..ouch it must hv hurt

16. ownage

<div class="quote_poster">steam03 Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">the refs did all they could to help the rockets get back or win....but fkin jvg's play is what killed them.

tmac soo diappointed n tears shed in the live conference..ouch it must hv hurt</div>

Was it on NBA.com?

17. steam03

ya it was......he had to most 'sigh' in a conversation ever.......

18. steam03

must be tough for him to cover up for jvg for the public....he said jvg was the best person ..best coach he ever had...best individual...he wouldn't comment on firing jvg and said he would leave it for the management...but he wanted him back....

this HAS to be fake...it just has to be....

19. The Legend

The Legend Legend of JBB..

I feel bad for T-Mac..

20. igotask8board

igotask8board Active Member

<div class="quote_poster">steam03 Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">the refs did all they could to help the rockets get back or win....but fkin jvg's play is what killed them.

tmac soo diappointed n tears shed in the live conference..ouch it must hv hurt</div>

YOU CALL THAT HELP? THERE WAS 1.7 SECONDS LEFT. IT WAS OVER!!! THAT IS NOT HELP!