GT: Rockets at Heat (11/12)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets' started by Mag, Nov 11, 2006.

1. drunkenbarden

drunkenbarden JBB JustBBall Member

The Rockets are.....BAAAALLLLLLIIIIIIINN
    Yao domination!!!!
    I like how Tmac became a distrubutor when his shots werent knocking down.
    and i hope Chucky Hayes gets better before the next game and other then that the Roxs are BAAALLLLLIIIIINNN

2. moeinhouston

moeinhouston JBB JustBBall Member

I can't believe I'm saying this about the Rockets but the athleticism and length in the back court gave D.Wade problems. He kept getting in the air against Shane, TMac and K.Snyder and pulled off the shot to pass the ball.
    Weird to see D.Wade and TMac with lack luster games. 14 of 40

Losing Chuck will hurt. I hope it ain't serious.
    J.Howard just doesn't have the quickness to the ball that Chuck does.
    Its the plays he can't make that hurts, so his shot needs to keep going in to compensate for that.

Yao is killing the competition right now. He went up against the best combination C and backup and raked both of them.

TMac has to keep shooting, eventually it will come back.
    Not being called on to be superman to win has to be somewhat comforting.
    He ran the offense in the halfcourt and looked good, which allows L.Head to be out there and hit shots.

3. blueracer

blueracer JBB JustBBall Member

TMac has shown that he can be a great playmaker if he does'nt have his shooting game. The first 3 quarters the Heat got all the favors from the officials from pushing Rocket players for the rebound to Yao having scratches and bleeding hand. The Heat defenders were too physical on Yao and they got away on supposed to be fouls. Payton should be the only one called for the technical when he shoved the ball to Rafer's chest during a Heat timeout, instead Rafer was also called for a T for reacting. Maybe what happen in the 4th was karma to the Heat and the officials when the Rockets kept making shots even those difficult and awkward shots. I hope Chuck Hayes will be ok. He banged his knees badly to Shaq's. It's sure nice to start the week with a win especially against the champs.

4. tinyballer

tinyballer JBB JustBBall Member

Right now it does no one any good keep talking about how T-Mac is struggling. Right now Yao has taken on the load upon his shoulders and that is why we continue to win. We beat Heat because of Yao. The biggest test for us will be next game against the spurs to see if yao can do it again. I believe he can do it again and lead us to another win and i expect t-mac to play like the way he has played but i still expect us to win.

5. durvasa

durvasa JBB Rockets Fan

Tough luck for Chuck Hayes in this game. It looks like he'll miss significant time. That probably means more time for Juwan Howard and Novak/Padgett. We could also see Bonzi Wells fill in at PF when he comes back.

6. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 JBB JustBBall Member

I still think McGrady needs to drive & dish, he settles for too many jumpers.

7. igotask8board

igotask8board Active Member

Damn Shaq to hell. He elbows Yao in the head, then he knees Chuck in the knee. [​IMG] I'm pissed off at him and the officials. Why did they call a double T, it should have only been called on Rafer.

It was nice handing it to the champs after the ESPN broadcasters said we wouldn't make it to the playoffs. They were all over the Heats dicks and hated on T-Mac/Yao the whole game. They praised the Heat for every little thing they did, while they critisized the Rockets the whole time, even when they scored. They questioned both Yao and T-Macs banked shots.

I would have watched it on FSN, but the picture quality is so much better on ESPN.

8. ROCK4LIFE

ROCK4LIFE Active Member

Losing Chuck Hayes isn't that bad, because we'll get back Howard. You guys hate on Howard, but he has played great in a limited role. Today he hit two BIG buckets which started a huge run in the 4th quarter. I think this might be Howard's time to shine[​IMG]

9. chineseafro

chineseafro JBB JustBBall Member

I hear people mentioning how the Rockets will be dominant when T-mac gets back on track. However rather than when, it should be if. The Rockets will be dominant if T-mac gets back on track. With his recent comments and general demeanor we don't know if Tracy McGrady will ever be T-mac again.

10. tinyballer

tinyballer JBB JustBBall Member

Oh we will see T-Mac back no doubt in my mind but we shold not expect him back soon. Right now, it is a physcological thing where T-mac can't find his shot. He still shows that explosive step and playmaking ability he is just showing he can't shoot right now. When he finds his touch he will be back but i do not expect its going to be a one or two week thing i believe its going to take a couple of month for someone to regain shooting touch. As of right now we do not need him to be who he was because yao is dominant and as long as we keep winning games its all good.

11. igotask8board

igotask8board Active Member

<div class="quote_poster">Rock4life Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Losing Chuck Hayes isn't that bad, because we'll get back Howard. You guys hate on Howard, but he has played great in a limited role. Today he hit two BIG buckets which started a huge run in the 4th quarter. I think this might be Howard's time to shine[​IMG]</div>

Ugh, J-Ho. I hope you finally see how wrong you are about him. I don't hope he proves you wrong because I hope the best for him since he is a Rocket, but if he continues to play the way he always has, I hope you realize he doesn't bring in the inside presence-put backs, and rebounding Hays brings.

<div class="quote_poster">chineseafro Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">I hear people mentioning how the Rockets will be dominant when T-mac gets back on track. However rather than when, it should be if. The Rockets will be dominant if T-mac gets back on track. With his recent comments and general demeanor we don't know if Tracy McGrady will ever be T-mac again.</div>

So, if T-Mac/Bonzi/Sura come back and dominate will we be favored contendors?ESPN/TNT and everyone will jump on the Rockets bandwagon.

<font color=""Red"">5-2 Baby!</font>

12. chineseafro

chineseafro JBB JustBBall Member

Excuse me, I should have said that the Rockets should be or could be dominant if T-mac ever gets in form.

13. TmacGarnett

TmacGarnett JBB JustBBall Member

I'll actually go out on a limb here and say Tmac averages 20 ppg before season is over. Someone keep that quote if they wish to contradict me.

14. ROCK4LIFE

ROCK4LIFE Active Member

<div class="quote_poster">igotask8board Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Ugh, J-Ho. I hope you finally see how wrong you are about him. I don't hope he proves you wrong because I hope the best for him since he is a Rocket, but if he continues to play the way he always has, I hope you realize he doesn't bring in the inside presence-put backs, and rebounding Hays brings.</div>
    As soon as Howard got in the game the offense picked up. He hit two big buckets and we ran away with the game. So exactly where are you going with that statment[​IMG]

15. ownage

ownage JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Rock4life Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">As soon as Howard got in the game the offense picked up. He hit two big buckets and we ran away with the game. So exactly where are you going with that statment[​IMG]</div>

Yeah Howard hit a few jumpers when Chuck left the game. He even shot like a 20 footer and made it. Of course with Howard, you get better offense and less rebounding than Hayes(which we dont really need with Yao on the floor). Chuck's absense will be felt, but maybe this will give Novak another chance, as we might see him as the back-up PF or SF(when Battier plays PF).

16. foo82

foo82 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Rock4life Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">As soon as Howard got in the game the offense picked up. He hit two big buckets and we ran away with the game. So exactly where are you going with that statment[​IMG]</div>

I didnt see the rockets offense pick up in any of the other games he played in. In fact, the offense seemed to slow down when he came in those other games.

17. durvasa

durvasa JBB Rockets Fan

<div class="quote_poster">foo82 Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">I didnt see the rockets offense pick up in any of the other games he played in. In fact, the offense seemed to slow down when he came in those other games.</div>

The second quarter would be another example.

To be fair to Juwan, when he's been in the game he mostly hasn't had the benefit of playing with both superstars -- Yao and McGrady. So it's expected that the offense may not run as smoothly. Van Gundy has been using Juwan to basically buy time this season. He has some offense game 5 feet outside the basket, and he can create baskets for himself and others a little better than Hayes. Going back to last year, I always felt that should be his role on the team. He doesn't score efficiently (and we'll see that while Hayes is out), and efficiency is exactly what you need for the role players next to Yao and McGrady. That's why I don't like him in the starting lineup. The Rockets did play well in the fourt quarter with McGrady, Yao, and Juwan -- we'll see if that trend continues into the next several games.

I'll just add that our starting lineup of Alston, McGrady, Battier, Hayes, and Yao was leading the entire league in point differential by a very wide margin. The Chuck Hayes "experiment" has been an obvious success so far.

18. TmacGarnett

TmacGarnett JBB JustBBall Member

Chuck hayes should get a nice contract when year is over.

19. Trip

Trip 2000000000000000000000000

Student
    Nice to see that a few of the old Rockets posters are back as the season begins. Even nicer to hear about the win and see Yao's statline.

Hayes' injury really sucks, but it could have been much worse. If Bonzi manages to get back, we could have Battier slide over to the four, or just have Padgett or Howard start. There's a myriad of possibilities, and while none will match what Hayes brings to the team, it shouldn't cause the team to go on a losing streak.

20. ROCK4LIFE

ROCK4LIFE Active Member

I expect for the Rockets offense to be clicking with Howard. Those sluggish games aren't what this team needs. We need to be scoring points and blowing teams out. Expect for Howard to have a overrall positive impact on the team