GT: Rockets at Mavericks

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets' started by tracymcgrady_01, Jan 15, 2007.

1. ROCK4LIFE

ROCK4LIFE Active Member

<div class="quote_poster">AznxBaller Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Nah, I prefer not to worship someone based on assumptions. I thought you didn't care? So quit standing up for Fatass.</div>
    Worship? Not quite. Just know the game of basketball. Hey, should we bench Howard and put ur favorite Rocket Chuck Hayes in?

2. blueracer

blueracer JBB JustBBall Member

First of all thanks for covering up for me tracymcgrady_01 in doing the preview for this game. I appreciate it. Nice preview and good job.

TMac had a great start tonight already approaching the 40s. I hope we can hold the lead until the end. It would be a great boost for the Rockets and it will silence the critics. The Mavs are a very good team and beating the no.1 team would be something. Go Rockets!

3. AznxBaller

AznxBaller JBB Back...

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Rock4Life:</div><div class="quote_post">Hey, should we bench Howard and put ur favorite Rocket Chuck Hayes in?</div>
    You don't know me at all! Boohoo. My favorite Rocket is Yao Ming.

Currently McGrady is carrying the team on his back, with not much help from the role players. At the end of the third quarter, we're down 74-76. Head still hasn't made a three yet, which is bad news for his streak (still going right?). However, what we have been doing is keeping Josh Howard in foul trouble, which obviously helps since other than Nowitzki, he's the only one who's really being an offensive threat to us right now.

4. ROCK4LIFE

ROCK4LIFE Active Member

The need for Bonzi irks me. Devon George is gettin open looks and Bonzi would be holding him. Damn shame!

5. DaRocket

DaRocket JBB JustBBall Member

Yes, we need support especially from Alston and Head (currently with zero 3s).

6. AznxBaller

AznxBaller JBB Back...

Guys, did Mutombo get ejected or something? On the Yahoo boxscore it says he has two technicals...

7. DaRocket

No, Deke is in the game

8. ROCK4LIFE

ROCK4LIFE Active Member

30-8 their outscoring our bench. I guess we really do need Bonzi's "fat azz". Why would JVG take out Howard & Tmac out at the same time?

9. DaRocket

It seems Rockets have no energy anymore... Mavs +8

10. AznxBaller

AznxBaller JBB Back...

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">30-8 their outscoring our bench. I guess we really do need Bonzi's "fat azz". Why would JVG take out Howard & Tmac out at the same time?</div>
    Where's your justification again? I guess you must have just stated that for no reason at all.

McGrady subs back in a we start inching away back to Dallas.

NVM, Dallas is pulling away around 6 minutes left.

11. ROCK4LIFE

ROCK4LIFE Active Member

<div class="quote_poster">AznxBaller Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Where's your justification again? I guess you must have just stated that for no reason at all.</div>
    Where's ur basketball IQ? Dallas is going small with Devon George at PF. Guess who'd be holding him? Tmac has 43 and nobody has stepped up. Guess who would've been our 2nd option? Dallas is killin us on the boards! Guess who's a very solid rebounder for his size? BONZI! Bonzi is the X-factor. But you wouldn't know that, ur a Chuck Hayes fan. Go Chuck!!

NOTE:
    Mutumbo has been forced to hold Devon George, Where the fu*ck is Kurk Snyder?

12. DaRocket

Honestly guys, this Bonzi thing is annoying...

13. ROCK4LIFE

ROCK4LIFE Active Member

Bill Worrell: "We're gonna need Bonzi Wells and Kurk Snyder to get back"

I know Bill, but they won't listen when I say it.

14. dallasdude

dallasdude JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Rock4life Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Bill Worrell: "We're gonna need Bonzi Wells and Kurk Snyder to get back"

I know Bill, but they won't listen when I say it.</div>

[​IMG] Why dont you admit you made a mistake by drafting Bonzi in your fantasy league? Bonzi isn't going to make the Rockets better. This game would've been close if the Rockets had Yao. You need Yao back sooner than Bonzi.

15. ROCK4LIFE

ROCK4LIFE Active Member

<div class="quote_poster">dallasdude Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">[​IMG] Why dont you admit you made a mistake by drafting Bonzi in your fantasy league?</div>
    I don't even participate in Fantasy League[​IMG] .....Get ur facts right buddy

<div class="quote_poster">dallasdude Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Bonzi isn't going to make the Rockets better. This game would've been close if the Rockets had Yao. You need Yao back sooner than Bonzi.</div>
    Dude, u have no clue what ur talkin about. Yao's not gonna be back until early March. Bonzi is healthy but JVG stubbornly won't play him. So once again, ur lost in the Dallas Lalaland somewhere[​IMG] Atleast take the time to read the posts before u comment on them. Thank you[​IMG]

But this game basically sums up what I've been sayin since the beginning of the season. Dallas has too much FIREPOWER. We tried to hold the ball tonight (typical JVG) but Dallas had too many weapons. Now you guys see how crucial it is to have Bonzi, Snyder and all our weapons with us. We can't beat Dallas without all our weapons. If JVG foolishly doesn't play Wells or Snyder, we stand no chance against the elite teams. JVG thought he could play with ALL DEFENSE tonight, and it backfired. Notice when Mcgrady cooled off, we choked. We gotta find a way to get our offense more effective.

16. AznxBaller

AznxBaller JBB Back...

^Bonzi's injured. I thought we established that. And Yao's return is mid February ish. Just want to clarify that before you berate a Mavericks fan for no reason at all.

17. durvasa

durvasa JBB Rockets Fan

Dissapointing loss. There wasn't a very good offensive flow for us. We're depending on McGrady's unbelievably hot shooting through the first 2 1/2 quarter, and when he eventually cooled off our offense grounded to a halt. Credit the Mavs for getting their defense together. They limited three point shooting from our best outside shooters (Head and Battier) and they dominated us on the offensive glass. The Mavs have such a versatile offensive lineup -- they can go small while maintaining solid rebounding. They took Mutombo right out of the game in the third quarter. Could they do the same with Yao? This is something we need to figure out. Perhaps we should go to a zone to counter it.

<div class="quote_poster">Rock4life Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Dude, u have no clue what ur talkin about. Yao's not gonna be back until early March. Bonzi is healthy but JVG stubbornly won't play him. So once again, ur lost in the Dallas Lalaland somewhere[​IMG] Atleast take the time to read the posts before u comment on them. Thank you[​IMG]
    </div>

How do you know that Bonzi is healthy?

Was he healthy in the previous ten games he's played in? Well, in those games we have a 4-6 record. In the games he hasn't played, we're now 21-8. He's averaging 6.8 points in 21 minutes, shooting 39%. A real difference maker right there. [​IMG]

Bonzi can help us down the road -- if he ever gets healthy, physically and mentally. There's no reason to believe he's there yet, unless you know him personally.

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting AznxBaller:</div><div class="quote_post">^Bonzi's injured. I thought we established that. And Yao's return is mid February ish. Just want to clarify that before you berate a Mavericks fan for no reason at all.</div>

More like mid March-ish.

18. ROCK4LIFE

ROCK4LIFE Active Member

<div class="quote_poster">AznxBaller Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">^Bonzi's injured. I thought we established that. And Yao's return is mid February ish. Just want to clarify that before you berate a Mavericks fan for no reason at all.</div>
    I see what ur tryna do....You did the same thing when you lost the other debate, start whinning[​IMG] So I'll leave you alone in behalf of ur emotions. Thank you, Rock4life[​IMG]

<div class="quote_poster">durvasa Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">How do you know that Bonzi is healthy?

Was he healthy in the previous ten games he's played in? Well, in those games we have a 4-6 record. In the games he hasn't played, we're now 21-8. A real difference maker right there. [​IMG]

Bonzi can help us down the road -- if he ever gets healthy, physically and mentally. There's no reason to believe he's there yet, unless you know him personally.</div>
    U guys are sleepin on Bonzi like you did Howard. Go ahead, we'll see what happens

19. AznxBaller

AznxBaller JBB Back...

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Durvasa:</div><div class="quote_post">
    More like mid March-ish.</div>
    Ah, Johnny33 from the other thread reported mid-late February. Whatever, as long as we have him here for the playoffs, I'm content.
    <div class="quote_poster">Quoting Rock4Life:</div><div class="quote_post">I see what ur tryna do....You did the same thing when you lost the other debate, start whinning So I'll leave you alone in behalf of ur emotions. Thank you, Rock4life</div>
    What am I trying to do again? I'm oblivious. Is it try to rationalize with you? Guilty. Since when did I lose the other debate? No one can really lose, its the internet and forum. Chill...

20. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 JBB JustBBall Member

I have to agree with "Rock4life" we need a second scorer(third when Yao returns) in the worst way. Also Bonzi's loves the post and dallas has no one to match up with him down low.