GT: Rockets at Warriors (12/14)

Discussion in 'Golden State Warriors' started by AznxBaller, Dec 14, 2006.

1. Warriorfansnc93

Warriorfansnc93 JBB JustBBall Member

Warriors win probability is 0% down by 4 with 33 secs...

2. AnimeFANatic

AnimeFANatic JBB JustBBall Member

Yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!

BARON IS GOD!

3. Warriorfansnc93

Omg What A Stupid Great Shot!

We finally get a break down the stretch...

4. iLL PiLL

iLL PiLL JBB JustBBall Member

what happened?!?1

5. AnimeFANatic

<div class="quote_poster">iLL PiLL Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">what happened?!?1</div>

Baron hit a 3 with 1.2 seconds remaining!

6. jason bourne

jason bourne JBB JustBBall Member

Law enforcement
    Finally, we take the lead!

7. AnimeFANatic

Warriors Win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh thank you lord!

8. Warriorfansnc93

<div class="quote_poster">AnimeFANatic Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Baron hit a 3 with 1.2 seconds remaining!</div>

Yao took a shot with 8.9 seconds left, missed, we get rebound go all the way down court and instead of driving down by 1 pt, he launches an ill advised 3 with 1 second left...

9. Clif25

Clif25 JBB JustBBall Member

WOW! (sigh...speechless)...nice win [​IMG]

10. jason bourne

Law enforcement
    Hahahahahahahahaha. Foyle actually did good. What a finish!

11. Warriorfansnc93

<div class="quote_poster">Clif25 Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">WOW! (sigh...speechless)...nice win [​IMG]</div>

Lucky win. I guess you win some you lose some. I just wish we had those 2 BS losses instead of this win...

12. Doctor Kajita

Doctor Kajita Active Member

Finance
    Baron listened to me last night.

13. iLL PiLL

iLL PiLL JBB JustBBall Member

I just checked the boxscore and saw that Ellis had 6 tos with 6 assists. Pretty bad whats going on with this kid

14. Doctor Kajita

Doctor Kajita Active Member

Finance
    <div class="quote_poster">iLL PiLL Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">I just checked the boxscore and saw that Ellis had 6 tos with 6 assists. Pretty bad whats going on with this kid</div>

You said it, he's a kid.

15. AnimeFANatic

<div class="quote_poster">Kensaku Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Baron listened to me last night.</div>

You're right, he didn't want to let you down.

Ever think about the chaos theory? You're meeting with him altered what he might have done/where he would be on the court.

16. AnimeFANatic

<div class="quote_poster">Kensaku Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">You said it, he's a kid.</div>

Yeah, while I think Monta is totally awesome, he's not ready to lead a team. And to think people wanted to trade Baron earlier and make Monta the starting PG... Anyway, Monta would develop better playing with Baron than playing with the ultra mega uber super duper ball hog A.I.

17. philsmith75

philsmith75 JBB JustBBall Member

What a victory. Only got to see the 2nd half but oh what a half. From watching the Warriors simply play ragged ball in the 3rd, to the improbable last 6 points of the game.

Dunleavy with the ultimate 3 pt play and Baron nailing the 3. The Warriors play great when they pass the ball and look awful when Baron pounds the ball. I understand that he may think there's nothing there so he might as well jack a jumper but that just kills the continuity.

Even with Biedrins the Warriors somehow need to get some rebounds. They scramble well but they cannot depend on only Biedrins to get rebounds.

This game will be memorable whether they tank it from here or go on to make a run at the playoffs. That was fun.

18. AnimeFANatic

Oh! I almost forgot.

We are now 5-0 without Murphy.

19. jason bourne

Law enforcement
    <div class="quote_poster">philsmith75 Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">What a victory. Only got to see the 2nd half but oh what a half. From watching the Warriors simply play ragged ball in the 3rd, to the improbable last 6 points of the game.

Dunleavy with the ultimate 3 pt play and Baron nailing the 3. The Warriors play great when they pass the ball and look awful when Baron pounds the ball. I understand that he may think there's nothing there so he might as well jack a jumper but that just kills the continuity.

Even with Biedrins the Warriors somehow need to get some rebounds. They scramble well but they cannot depend on only Biedrins to get rebounds.

This game will be memorable whether they tank it from here or go on to make a run at the playoffs. That was fun.</div>

No kidding on the rebounding. Just checked the box score and we got killed on the boards. No wait, it was a massacre 53 - 33.

20. AlleyOop

AlleyOop JBB JustBBall Member

Well, Yao can account for nearly half of that lol. The guy is a Giant Sequoia amidst shrubs. You could but Foyle and Beans on him at the same time, it probably wouldn't matter. I mean the guy is even the Rockets' best FT shooter.

The only thing that can stop Yao is Yao himself. We he gets tired, boy he wears down. This league is lucky he has a cryptonite -- make him run. Well, he was partying all day in the paint, but come 4th quarter Yao was huffing air like he was hyper-ventillating. That's really the only reason why GS won this game.

Oh, and the amazing Boom Dizzle!! What's this about a lucky ill-advised shot? He was the only guy hitting shots all night. He earned the right to do whatever the hell he wanted with that ball. Nellie was quoted as saying that he looked at Baron and gave him the green light, opting not to take a timeout "In the open-court situation, he's the boss, not me." Hell yeah. I mean, he got came up court, got a beautiful screen from Foyle (yeah Foyle!!), and was wide open. It wasn't a bad shot. I mean, there are better, but it was open, off a screen, and not forced. This is what stars do.

Man, Baron Davis was just simply the heart and soul of Oakland tonight. He kept rallying his teammates when they were down, making excellent passes, being a vocal leader in the huddles, and of course going fearless to the rim. He had one sick "split-the-2-defenders" and dunk over Bonzi WElls that sent chills up my spine.

There is a magic that a few players have. You see the play develop and think "no, this couldn't really happen, could it?" I mean Baron sees the rim and you just know you are about to see something special.

Sure he had a few ill-advised jumpers tonight. But that last second three wasn't one, IMO. Just my 2 cents

edit: Oh, he shot 12-22, and had 8 assists and only 1 turnover in 41 minutes. Solid PG performance!