GT: Rockets at Warriors (12/14)

Discussion in 'Golden State Warriors' started by AznxBaller, Dec 14, 2006.

1. Run BJM

Run BJM Heavy lies the crown. Staff Member Global Moderator

Damn, I only saw part of the second quarter (had to work AGAIN ARGGGH) and the highlights on sportscenter. Adonal was doing a good job on keeping Yao out of the lane, his experience defending Shaq came in handy and its nice to have a big oaf like him to go in and force Yao out of the paint. He still killed us but IMO thats the way you have to play him, force him out of the paint and make him shoot short jumpers because he doesn't have the quickness to drive and if you can keep him out of where he wants to be he's limited in how many minutes he can play and can't stay in the game and wait to get hot like a Kobe.

2. umair

umair "Never underestimate the heart of a champion."

Lol, Yao took our shot for the win with 1.2 seconds and it was a 3 pointer. I am just wondering what if he would've made that. [​IMG]

3. AnimeFANatic

AnimeFANatic JBB JustBBall Member

4. YayAreaFanatic

YayAreaFanatic JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Umair Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Lol, Yao took our shot for the win with 1.2 seconds and it was a 3 pointer. I am just wondering what if he would've made that. [​IMG]</div>

That would have hurt as much as the Luther Head game winner from last year!

All in all a great game. Having 19,000+ at the game was really a boost, even if some were there to just see how big Yao really is. The arena was electric and it winning the game definitely gives the team some life. They'll need to carry the energy to Phoenix tonight against the Suns (6:00 on FSN Bay Area).

Last time I was at a Phoenix game (Dec. 1 against the Bucks) the crowd was a bit ho-hum. I hope the W's and BD can get in there, get off to a good start (like making the Houston bench stand for a good 3 mintues before they hit their first shot) and run with the Suns.

Tonight's an odd back-to-back for the W's so they're going to need EVERYONE contributing. BD had an awesome night, and he needs some support. Monta needs to dunk on Raja Bell tonight to exact revenge from the Suns game in Oakland.

5. AnimeFANatic

AnimeFANatic JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Warriorfansnc93 Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">I saw every minute of last nights game from Dallas, TX on NBA league pass. My first reaction was "what the hell is he shooting a 3 when we only need one. Drive to the hoop and either get the layup, get the foul or dish to someone else who has a wide open shot". He was the BEST player on the court for the Warriors. He SHOULD be taking the last shot, just not a 3! He had defenders on him until Adonal hit that screeen, and then for a split second there was light. Second of all, why do you not call timeout after collecting the rebound when you have 2 left?

Lastly, when I saw the look in Baron Davis' eye after he made that shot, it was something special. He literally put this team on his shoulders and carried them to a victory. It hasn't happened often so that is why I am so negative about it, but I just hope this is the beginning of something special because IMO, he IS the best player on this team even if Jrich were to get healthy and he deserves to be taking the last shot when needed. I saw no flaw in any of the shots he took in this game except for that shot at the end. I am glad it went in though...

Oh, BTW, yes adonal caught so many passes and made so many shots that I would not expect him to make I was amazed. I really do think we need to play Obryant and Beans or Foyle and beans at the same time though, just to try it out, especially when we are getting killed on the boards. The rockets had so many second chance points, that was the only reason why they were in the game!</div>

From the yahoo recap:

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Baron Davis got the ball with the clock winding down, glanced to the sideline and saw that coach Don Nelson had no plans for a timeout.</div>

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">"I put the ball in the hands of my best player," Nelson said. "In an open-court situation, he's the boss. I'm not."</div>

6. jason bourne

jason bourne JBB JustBBall Member

Law enforcement
    <div class="quote_poster">AnimeFANatic Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Alley,

Baron said in the post game interview:
    ?I caught the ball and Yao was shadowing me down the floor, kind of double teaming me. So I told Adonal to cut to the basket but he set a screen, and I knew I didn?t have a lot of time but I was in rhythm and I shot it and I hit it.?

So it was ill-advised for a reason. Baron was amazing tonight, I hope he stays on fire through the road trip.</div>

This is wrong on so many levels, yet we win:
    1. Nelson wanted Baron to have the ball in his hands and get to do whatever Baron wants, so he doesn't call time out
    2. Baron thinking he can pass to Adonal "Stone Hands" Foyle so he can win the game (sorry I can't help laughing after typing that [​IMG])
    3. Sounds like Foyle thinks he's still playing for Monty, i.e. sets a screen before he rolls
    4. Baron calls his own number and launches a 3
    5. Baron launches a 3 (when we only need a 2) and is a hero

Oh well, I'll take the win.

7. boogiescott

boogiescott JBB JustBBall Member

No actually i wonder how many times you can regurgitate he exact same complaints day in and day out amongst your 30 posts a day? I mean how many times are you going to post your opinions, the exact same opinions? Yeah we all know now you hate mullin and blame him for everything because of his poor signings....we get it enough already.

and yes we know you feel that j-rich is not a guard ....good for you....enough already

and yes we know murphy can't play defense, at least you say so, i have seen him show up for games, just inconsistent, anyways...we know from you hundreds of posts stating the same thing

and we know you hate when dunleavy and murphy are on the floor at the same time.... but why post it every day? we get it.

and we know you love Monty...good for you.... enough already

and we know you want our team to have a legitimate big man.... yeah we get it....enough

and yeah we know the cap situation ..... enough already

yeah we know of our inconsistencies....

yeah we know we live and die by the jump shot....

yeah we know.... enough already

but the last thing we need is the constant negativity.... man you didnt even see the game and you had to spew more bashing on our players...

after your thousands of posts stating the same thing over and over and over and over...spewing your hate for murphy and dunleavy and baron and the entire team..... we get it..... quit regurgitating the same posts ad nauseum.

now why dont you bring something new and bash mclang mcleod? if anyone on the team deserves it...it is keith.... at least it hasnt been beat into the ground yet.

or better yet look at positives.... j-rich might play monday.... ike was suited up last night.... biedrins playing well again and hitting free throws.... baron has had quite a few solid games.... barnes quality productiona dn hustle.... even dunelavy's game has imporved....

8. philsmith75

philsmith75 JBB JustBBall Member

Dunleavy came through with 14 in the second half after being scoreless in the 1st half. He was aggressive and hit some jumpers.

More importantly, he had a dunk on a fastbreak rather than putting up a layup.

Yao is unbelievable. Great touch and footwork. His turnaround is unstoppable.

Foyle and Biedrins did as well as humanly possible. Foyle is more than a servicable backup, he would be a very good backup for someone like the Mavs, look Diop doesn't even look to score.

I was scared though watching the start of the 3rd and Biedrins was not on the floor. I thought he had been traded for AI. What a relief to see him come in.

9. Doctor Kajita

Doctor Kajita Active Member

Finance
    <div class="quote_poster">boogielew Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">No actually i wonder how many times you can regurgitate he exact same complaints day in and day out amongst your 30 posts a day? I mean how many times are you going to post your opinions, the exact same opinions? Yeah we all know now you hate mullin and blame him for everything because of his poor signings....we get it enough already.

and yes we know you feel that j-rich is not a guard ....good for you....enough already

and yes we know murphy can't play defense, at least you say so, i have seen him show up for games, just inconsistent, anyways...we know from you hundreds of posts stating the same thing

and we know you hate when dunleavy and murphy are on the floor at the same time.... but why post it every day? we get it.

and we know you want our team to have a legitimate big man.... yeah we get it....enough

but the last thing we need is the constant negativity.... man you didnt even see the game and you had to spew more bashing on our players...

after your thousands of posts stating the same thing over and over and over and over...spewing your hate for murphy and dunleavy and baron and the entire team..... we get it..... quit regurgitating the same posts ad nauseum.

now why dont you bring something new and bash mclang mcleod? if anyone on the team deserves it...it is keith.... at least it hasnt been beat into the ground yet.

or better yet look at positives.... j-rich might play monday.... ike was suited up last night.... biedrins playing well again and hitting free throws.... baron has had quite a few solid games.... barnes quality productiona dn hustle.... even dunelavy's game has imporved....</div>

I agree but not in those words. CR2, you're a smart guy so you should start focusing your analytical skills towards new things that haven't been touched upon...like positive things.

Sure, you're scared of getting too excited because of 12 years of disappointment...I get it...we get it. [​IMG]

10. philsmith75

philsmith75 JBB JustBBall Member

Custodian, don't worry about what they're saying. Just keep your thoughts flowing. If that's what you feel like writing, go ahead. There are no rules. People forget there's something they can do, ignore it and don't read it.

11. AlleyOop

AlleyOop JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">philsmith75 Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Custodian, don't worry about what they're saying. Just keep your thoughts flowing. If that's what you feel like writing, go ahead. There are no rules. People forget there's something they can do, ignore it and don't read it.</div>

oh, p75, you know we're all pacified by our doublethink -- the Warriors suck and the Warriors don't suck -- we need to encourage crimestop so that forum users nip that subversive thought in the bud. Most forum users are goodthinkful. Just toss out the old truths into the memory hole. Ultimately, we probably shouldn't encourage these thoughtcrimes or Big Brother will come and shut this whole operation down.

Oh, and btw Oceania is at war with Eastasia.

[​IMG]

12. Gohn

Gohn JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">philsmith75 Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Custodian, don't worry about what they're saying. Just keep your thoughts flowing. If that's what you feel like writing, go ahead. There are no rules. People forget there's something they can do, ignore it and don't read it.</div>
    I agree with philsmith.

You have a right to be pessimistic with the Warriors. The team is much improved but it is still not clear how much better they are. It's still early in the season. This road trip will tell a lot. The team could go either way at this point. They are also always a Baron injury away having the season ruined too.

13. Custodianrules2

Custodianrules2 Cohan + Rowell = Suck

<div class="quote_poster">boogielew Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">No actually i wonder how many times you can regurgitate he exact same complaints day in and day out amongst your 30 posts a day? I mean how many times are you going to post your opinions, the exact same opinions? Yeah we all know now you hate mullin and blame him for everything because of his poor signings....we get it enough already.

or better yet look at positives.... j-rich might play monday.... ike was suited up last night.... biedrins playing well again and hitting free throws.... baron has had quite a few solid games.... barnes quality productiona dn hustle.... even dunelavy's game has imporved....</div>

My whole point is that on this board, everyone is entitled to their own opinion, no matter how much they disagree. It's not like I'm lying about anything or making crap up. I'm just not a believer.

I don't know what the problem is... I never called you out on your bashings or your inability to compromise. I never reacted so sharply after I disagreed with you about Marion being overrated in the playoffs. As I recall, you called my posts "ridiculous" or "pure comedy". How does that make me feel? You sounded like a big f'n jerk who didn't explain yourself and you were just plain rude. And even if I wasn't sensitive to sharp criticism, one can't tell another guy "I don't like your opinions, so stop saying them." I mean I believe my opinions are valid just as any knowledgeable fans and I won't ignore them if they relate to the topic at hand.

And about this game: So what? Big whoop we won a freakin' game we should have lost. Maybe I should be more positive about it because it was an exciting game that I didn't have the opportunity to see and couldn't relate to. Maybe that's why I'm really frustrated. Still... it's one game. Forgive me if I can't be ecstatic like others like you and I bring down you or everyone's vibe. Maybe my thinking is what some jaded fans are thinking.... that we still need to look at the big picture and never forget that the Warriors need to do a few things before we can really celebrate. We could win by 2 points against the Rockets and get slaughtered by the Bobcats. My attitude keeps me safe from disappointment until we know we can keep our young core with every option available to plan for the future.

Now, if I repeat myself or keep revisiting the things that have upset me, it's because I'm passionate about discussion and I let people who don't know my philosophy/view understand where I'm coming from. I shouldn't apologize for being passionate about what I love: good smart basketball and teamwork. Now maybe what I should be apologizing for is not staying on focus with the rest of the warriors topics. I think we've gotten to the level where we all understand what level the franchise is at, but nothing can be done right away about it. We're on the outside as fans and all we can do is react. You don't think I feel helpless? I care, but there's nothing I can do but complain. That's how I cope with the Warriors constantly losing every single year that I've followed them. I believe they can change the cycle of losing, but they have to do it wisely.

But boogs, you are just so confrontational about things. Why can't you just skip over my posts if you don't like them or don't agree with them? I don't see why I bother you so much. If I look at your post history, you can't honestly say that you have the "right touch" in disagreeing with people. So why should I cater to you?

Let's also not forget the discussion we had with Shawn Marion, or some of the things that Nelson had to suffer through that Montgomery did because of the roster. You didn't even retort. I mean some of the things you complain about is like the pot calling the kettle black. Deal with it, turn the channel to another station, or highlight somebody else's posts that you agree with and relate to more. I'm here because I like to hear others opinions, not to hear the sound of my own voice. Maybe I post this way and many times because someone will talk about some things I haven't noticed yet. I like to learn.

And yeah I didn't watch the warriors and I did jump to conclusions. How is that different from fans who said the warriors would be a playoff team or because Nelson is in charge it means a whole new team? That's jumping to conclusions right there. I can be negative, I can be positive, but either side I'm on, the opposite view doesn't bother me one bit. Why? Because I again I learn something and I can handle it if the common goal is to get a in-depth, broad range of opinion on the Warriors. Maybe, I'm not so in-depth these days or I come off as "not listening", but what else do I have to work on besides general season observations and the warriors win column and team %'s. It's a flip of the coin with this team.

Finally, if that's not the main problem, but only my negativity, I can fix that. But you have to be nicer. [​IMG]

If the cup is half empty or half full, either way we view it, we're not filled to the top like we should.