Guarntee the Bears won't win the North

Discussion in 'NFC North' started by porky88, Sep 18, 2005.

1. Bearsfan1

Bearsfan1 2 Time Defending FF Champion

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (porky88)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Bleedblk&gld)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (porky88)</div><div class='quotemain'>Not gonna happen. Thats the one guarntee I will make. Whether you like it or not it's week 2 and you won a Home game. Whoopy doooo. Lions will take the divsion unless Minny can get it's shit together. Packers ...............</div>

Porky, it's week 2.

We still have 15 more weeks to go and your talking about playoffs.

(In the whiniest voice you can make)"Playoffs............Playoffs...........we can't even win a game and you're talking about the playoffs" - Jim Mora Sr.

Sorry i had to throw that in there, that always cracked me up.

But honestly Porky, the Pack obviously have some issues to address on defense, the Lions have a shitty QB and the Vikings line is just as bad as the Texans'.

So far the Bears look the best out of the North, but again it's only week 2.

I picked the Bears D in most of my fantasy leagues.

They were stellar last year, WITH, injuries. Now they have their D healthy again, along with a descent QB/WR combo and two star RB's. I wouldn't be surprised if i they made the playoffs.</div>

Yea I know it's only week 2. I've never seen the Packers look this bad in since the early 90's. gulp......

Anyways I think Minny will take the divsion. I don't think Chicago will win it. Why Kyle Orton is a rookie and he'll loose games on his own. He was at home for the Lions game. Lets see him win some road games before Bear fans are thinking he's the real deal. Detroits probably the front runner. Joey will probably be inconsistent like he is every season. He showed that last week but the Lions will end up in 2nd I think.

Again it's only week 2 but I do know the Bears will not win the North. Thats the one Guarntee I do make.

Hey BF1 if the Bears win the North so be it but if FSU keeps rolling hahaha [​IMG]</div>

Yeah yeah yeah,you will still be wearing a bears avatar

2. panthersare#1

panthersare#1 The GM

i dont doubt their defense. The defense is really good, but im not sold on kyle orton.

3. Bearsfan1

If you had actually watched the game, you would not doubt orton

4. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (panthersare#1)</div><div class='quotemain'>i dont doubt their defense. The defense is really good, but im not sold on kyle orton.</div>

I agree and I did watch some of the game and I wouldn't be sold on him either. We're you sold on Charlie Batch when he won his first game. I doubt it. Ask Lions fans. Anyways the season is far from over and both the Pack and Vikes are a win away from being in first place right now. Assuming the Bears loose to the Bengals but the Bears defense does matchup ok with Cincy and it's in Chicago so anything can happen.

5. Wannab Favre

Wannab Favre nfl-*****s member

Let's be serious and break this down.

Minnestoa - Ok, if their offense was the only problem then I think I might see how they could turn it around but their defense is playing terrible two..... Culpepper is playing terrible and I know it is only the second game but it may be too late before he turns it around.

Detroit - Looked great the first day against a (let's face it) poor green bay team. Then they played a team with a wicked defense and couldn't get anything going on the ground or through the air. Joey harrington is not good enough and hasn;t been since he came into the league and how detroit fans have put up with him for so long is a mystery, they have no back up now that grcia is gone. All these delightful receivers and nobody to throw them the ball. Terrible pity.

Green Bay - Favre is finished and Ahman Grene needs Brett Favre to be on form so he can open up holes and use draw plays and things like that. Their defense is terrible and they are going to have to go into rebuilding mode next season, top 10 pick in the draft

Bears- Only team with a very good defense and has ben for the last couple of years, all they need is the offense to not mess up and maybe thomas jones to run the ball well and orton will do well as long as he knows there is not pressure on him to be the person moving the chains when you have the special teams, defense and jones to carry the load

Finish?

Bears - 8-8
    Detroit - 7-9
    Minnesota - 6-10
    Green Bay - 6-10

6. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Wannab Favre)</div><div class='quotemain'>Let's be serious and break this down.

Minnestoa - Ok, if their offense was the only problem then I think I might see how they could turn it around but their defense is playing terrible two..... Culpepper is playing terrible and I know it is only the second game but it may be too late before he turns it around.

Detroit - Looked great the first day against a (let's face it) poor green bay team. Then they played a team with a wicked defense and couldn't get anything going on the ground or through the air. Joey harrington is not good enough and hasn;t been since he came into the league and how detroit fans have put up with him for so long is a mystery, they have no back up now that grcia is gone. All these delightful receivers and nobody to throw them the ball. Terrible pity.

Green Bay - Favre is finished and Ahman Grene needs Brett Favre to be on form so he can open up holes and use draw plays and things like that. Their defense is terrible and they are going to have to go into rebuilding mode next season, top 10 pick in the draft

Bears- Only team with a very good defense and has ben for the last couple of years, all they need is the offense to not mess up and maybe thomas jones to run the ball well and orton will do well as long as he knows there is not pressure on him to be the person moving the chains when you have the special teams, defense and jones to carry the load

Finish?

Bears - 8-8
    Detroit - 7-9
    Minnesota - 6-10
    Green Bay - 6-10</div>

So after 2 games the divsion is the Bears. hmmmmm doubtful. If you break it down you can't expect Kyle Orton to be that consistent every game long. No rookie has at the QB except Big Ben and Marino and Orton hasn't shown he's that type of player. When Chicago played a good defense in Washington what happened. They scored 6 points I think. To be realistic it was on the road though. Now lets be realistic for the Lions. It was on the road. I believe last year the standings after 2 weeks were......

Minny 2-0
    Chicago 1-1
    GB 1-1
    Det 1-1

What went on to happen. GB won the divsion with Minny a wild card. So you can't breakdown the divsion yet. It's only 2 weeks but right now I say Green Bay and Chicago are still the worse looking teams in the divsion. Chicago got a HOME victory against an avergae Lions team and in defense of Minny they played two teams who I thought before the season would be in the playoff picture right to the end. So lets not throw the Vikings out the door right now.

7. Bearsfan1

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (porky88)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Wannab Favre)</div><div class='quotemain'>Let's be serious and break this down.

Finish?

Bears - 8-8
    Detroit - 7-9
    Minnesota - 6-10
    Green Bay - 6-10</div>

So after 2 games the divsion is the Bears. hmmmmm doubtful. If you break it down you can't expect Kyle Orton to be that consistent every game long. No rookie has at the QB except Big Ben and Marino and Orton hasn't shown he's that type of player. When Chicago played a good defense in Washington what happened. They scored 6 points I think. To be realistic it was on the road though. Now lets be realistic for the Lions. It was on the road. I believe last year the standings after 2 weeks were......

Minny 2-0
    Chicago 1-1
    GB 1-1
    Det 1-1

What went on to happen. GB won the divsion with Minny a wild card. So you can't breakdown the divsion yet. It's only 2 weeks but right now I say Green Bay and Chicago are still the worse looking teams in the divsion. Chicago got a HOME victory against an avergae Lions team and in defense of Minny they played two teams who I thought before the season would be in the playoff picture right to the end. So lets not throw the Vikings out the door right now.</div>

If you saw redskings game, orton actually had to 25+ yard passes dropped by MM that would of let us kick winning FG, and 3 false starts on last drive that doomed him. should have won that game also. Plus, the more he plays the better he should get as long as they commit to run, and don put him in too many bad situations that would get him beat up

8. panthersare#1

panthersare#1 The GM

baltiomore in week 7 will be the real test for orton because that secondary is great. If he comes out without a pick, i will believe in him

9. GoChiagobears

GoChiagobears nfl-*****s member

the ravens D lost to titans give that a rest and i think that kyle orton has proved he can win and he can throw and i think he can do it if we beat bengals and do good on road and this is just how it works bear D picks off ppl and then kyle orton has jones to had off if they run well kyle will feel better be sides he dont get all down with picks or loseing so i think the bears have a good team out of every one else they have the BEST chance if OFFENSE can do there job to win games

10. GoChiagobears

and porky again with ur mouth i swear u lose to the browns and u lose to the lions and u tell us that the bears and ur 0-2 packers are the worst teams stop tryin to put the bears where the pack are the bears are doin better than packers right now be sides we had to play against a very good team in Redskins D brett would of had 4 picks in that game and the D would of got smoked im sick of u pickin on the bears when something good happens it is only week 2 but the bears have a more than reasonable chance then the packers do

11. GoChiagobears

and yes it will be a test for orton but i think if he can handle a D like redskins he can do ok with ravens and all i gotta say is that is goin to be all about the middle linebackers in that game.

12. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BearsFan1)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (porky88)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Wannab Favre)</div><div class='quotemain'>Let's be serious and break this down.

Finish?

Bears - 8-8
    Detroit - 7-9
    Minnesota - 6-10
    Green Bay - 6-10</div>

Minny 2-0
    Chicago 1-1
    GB 1-1
    Det 1-1

What went on to happen. GB won the divsion with Minny a wild card. So you can't breakdown the divsion yet. It's only 2 weeks but right now I say Green Bay and Chicago are still the worse looking teams in the divsion. Chicago got a HOME victory against an avergae Lions team and in defense of Minny they played two teams who I thought before the season would be in the playoff picture right to the end. So lets not throw the Vikings out the door right now.</div>

If you saw redskings game, orton actually had to 25+ yard passes dropped by MM that would of let us kick winning FG, and 3 false starts on last drive that doomed him. should have won that game also. Plus, the more he plays the better he should get as long as they commit to run, and don put him in too many bad situations that would get him beat up</div>

"Should of won that game" A phrase over used a lot when talking about your team. In defence to that Pack. If Walker doesn't push off which he didn't need to we probably would of beat the Lions. You said it yourself also if the defense doesn't give up that late TD on 3rd and 6 we probably would of beat the Browns. So if thats the kind of logic your gonna use then yes the Packers much like the Bears much like anyone else probably could be 2-0.

13. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GoChiagobears)</div><div class='quotemain'>and porky again with ur mouth i swear u lose to the browns and u lose to the lions and u tell us that the bears and ur 0-2 packers are the worst teams stop tryin to put the bears where the pack are the bears are doin better than packers right now be sides we had to play against a very good team in Redskins D brett would of had 4 picks in that game and the D would of got smoked im sick of u pickin on the bears when something good happens it is only week 2 but the bears have a more than reasonable chance then the packers do</div>

Oh my god alert the press the Freakin Chicago Bears are going to win the Super Bowl. They beat a divsion opponent in the Detroit Lions AT HOME. Oh gee maybe the rest of the North shouldn't show up for the rest of the games and we should all make a banner that says Chicago Bears 2005 NFC North Champions. Cause I mean Week 2. Whew there so far ahead. [​IMG] [​IMG] News flash if GB wins a home game against the Bucs which is unlikely but possible and the Bears loose to a hot Cincy team. The Bears and Packers are even in the north.

14. GoChiagobears

yea but every time i say somethin good about bears or they win u sit there and put us with u and thats not the case the bears D and bengals D will be showing off next week and im jus hopein for a good game and u cant give any credit to them and besides that i just heard just now that sean just said bears are the best team in that Divivsion i mean u got vikings lost moss lost offense of play caller lost linemine packers lost walker lions have bad qb and bears well great d and a ok rookie and a good rb in jones .

15. GoChiagobears

favre is throwin dumb passes.

16. GoChiagobears

and u say at home like its bad thing u lost at home and i mean i get it with u.

17. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

sigh Sean Salisberry. O he is such a great anaylsis. I believe this is the guy that wrote the Pack off last year and I believe this is the guy that picked the Vikings to go to the NFC Champioship.hmmmmmm yep his word is a good one.

Also all I've said is Orton is a rookie and will make rookie mistakes. There has only been 2 rookies to I think even win more than 5 games. Marino and Big Ben. I am giving my opinion that the Bears and the Pack seem to be the worse off personal wise. Gee I bet your the type of kid that thought the Bears had the divsion title in the bag last year after you went on the road and beat the Pack. I'm right aren't I.haha anyways heaven forbig if Kyle Orton gets hurt. I mean the Bears o-line sure does protect it's QB's good. Right Rex Grossman. I've been provoke and I'm in a bad mood. You want to continue GCB.

18. Bearsfan1

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (porky88)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BearsFan1)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (porky88)</div><div class='quotemain'>

Minny 2-0
    Chicago 1-1
    GB 1-1
    Det 1-1

If you saw redskings game, orton actually had to 25+ yard passes dropped by MM that would of let us kick winning FG, and 3 false starts on last drive that doomed him. should have won that game also. Plus, the more he plays the better he should get as long as they commit to run, and don put him in too many bad situations that would get him beat up</div>

"Should of won that game" A phrase over used a lot when talking about your team. In defence to that Pack. If Walker doesn't push off which he didn't need to we probably would of beat the Lions. You said it yourself also if the defense doesn't give up that late TD on 3rd and 6 we probably would of beat the Browns. So if thats the kind of logic your gonna use then yes the Packers much like the Bears much like anyone else probably could be 2-0.</div>

Too true, just saying orton played well enough to win, just like farve. Not saying they should be 2-0, teams win what they should win. Better team always finishes season as champ, and everyone else is tied as losers

19. GoChiagobears

hey grossmen gets hurt thats his problem kyle orton and the o line did well im jus happy about my team and what they can do and the D is so much better than the packers and the bears offesne is better off in certain ways and besides that ur rbing has yet to score a td and the bears have already have 6 td's and again u are talkin about last year whats wrong with u i had high hope for last year but this is a different year.

20. GoChiagobears

packers dont suck they just lost ppl and are feelin wat the bears do but i think so far... that kyle looks great for a rookie .